Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He did play well in that game Matt but then wasn't he the one who got sent off for the Griezmann foul?

Yeah but how many CBs have never brought down an attacker in a goalscoring position? I'm not a fan of professional fouls but looking at the game you could argue it was the right decision (although I think he was genuine trying to get the ball).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Spence. Honestly. You of all people proclaiming someone miserable.
Irony bypass required.

Thing is TSB i might come across miserable occasionally that's because it's hard work sometimes on here explaining things to moronic people. Hope you are not offended mate

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has he served his ban for his sending off?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ha. Well played.
Err. Have another read and show me where I said he was a bad player.
You're not captain of your debating team are you, Nixonator?

You're right of course. Suggesting that he would be a 'shithouse signing' and an 'integral part of the worst defence in the league' was indeed entirely complimentary and does not in any way deride him as a bad player.

I'm not debating with you, that would require you to provide some kind of valid point, other than an ill-disposed opinion on a player sticking them in his own net to engineer a move.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can he play tomorrow?

Yes. He's available for the squad tomorrow. He almost certainly will play. He's more match fit than Uwe and played a full game on Tuesday night.

Back four tomorrow will presumably be Bong, Dunk, Duffy, Bruno with Uwe/Adekugbe ? being the only fit (ish) defenders on bench and Rosenior being injured.
Goldson is due to be playing tonight for the u23s.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Has he served his ban for his sending off?

Yep. Its been asked a few times in this thread but to be clear he had a 1 match ban after the Cardiff match for 2 yellow cards.
He served it and stood out in Rovers draw v Burton on Saturday. He's available for tomorrow and (more than likely) will play.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yeah but how many CBs have never brought down an attacker in a goalscoring position? I'm not a fan of professional fouls but looking at the game you could argue it was the right decision (although I think he was genuine trying to get the ball).

The only thing he arguably did 'wrong' in that situation was not try to make it an extra step or two and bring him down for a penalty. Under the new laws, he'd have only got a yellow card then and 11 men might have had a better chance of salvaging something, even if it meant going a goal down.

Having had a look back at various comments on Irish and Blackburn sites before all the binfestery regarding this season's slump in form, looks like a very good signing. Consensus seems to be excellent in the air, bit prone to rash mistakes at times but still young, may have gone a bit stale at Rovers after looking a fantastic prospect at Everton. Great option at the back.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thing is TSB i might come across miserable occasionally that's because it's hard work sometimes on here explaining things to moronic people. Hope you are not offended mate

Nah not at all, bud.
I may be a little over-miserable about this. He'll probably be fine.
:clap:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We have accepted, or as good as accepted a fee for Dunk. Sometimes you just cannot stand in a players way.
Don't get your point about the wingers. We had two for last season and signed two more. We now have 5, but Solly March's agent is always trying to move him on, so expect him or Lua Lua to be off, maybe not now, but by January at the latest

Albion have bolstered their defensive ranks.

"He's a very good defender, and alongside our existing options he now gives me four quality, senior options for the two central defensive positions."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...kburn-rovers-3273273.aspx#w8orVcZsCsPGDlrW.99

When is Dunk off then? Could you provide some insight.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Albion have bolstered their defensive ranks.

"He's a very good defender, and alongside our existing options he now gives me four quality, senior options for the two central defensive positions."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...kburn-rovers-3273273.aspx#w8orVcZsCsPGDlrW.99

When is Dunk off then? Could you provide some insight.

Jesus wept, Hughton was hardly going to say, yeah I suspect Dunk will be off soon, so we had to get someone in, was he.

Not saying Dunk will go but don't take everything was literally

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You're right of course. Suggesting that he would be a 'shithouse signing' and an 'integral part of the worst defence in the league' was indeed entirely complimentary and does not in any way deride him as a bad player.

I'm not debating with you, that would require you to provide some kind of valid point, other than an ill-disposed opinion on a player sticking them in his own net to engineer a move.

Shithouse due to attitude. That he's been an integral part of the worst defence in the league is hardly in question.
Of course you're not debating. Because you don't have a leg to stand on. You'll rack up today's 75 posts on another topic I imagine.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jesus wept, Hughton was hardly going to say, yeah I suspect Dunk will be off soon, so we had to get someone in, was he.

Not saying Dunk will go but don't take everything was literally

You need to read the quote Nixonater had in his post to get the context.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, we've splashed the cash. Maybe not quite £4.5 million, but we've smashed our previous transfer record - but I still feel a bit underwhelmed. That's just my personal opinion - but I don't think I'm the only one.

However, there are zillions of good reasons why CH is in charge and not me, and Shane Duffy is one of our's now. So, welcome to the Albion, Shane - I wish you all the best for a fantastic career here and loads of success. Onwards and upwards!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Seriously? It's such a crap comparison, I don't know if it's even worth responding.
You tell me, folks: Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals, then come out for the second half the only player not wearing a black armband, and finally been sent off for booting the ball angrily at an opposing player all? Just because he's trying to engineer a move away?

That's an accusation you can't prove. Have you spared a thought that his head wasn't in the right place (literally) because we were trying to buy him? The sending off was frustration after two own goals. I said at the time the two own goals were sensational but not necessarily blatant. Do you honestly think the manager would have played him again if he though it was intentional?

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Blackburn fans on twitter trying to convince themselves we paid 4.5m for him to make themselves feel better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here