Oct 31, 2011
he looks massive!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Shamir Goodwin

Thought this was interesting:

"Shamir Goodwin ‏@shamirGoodwin Feb 13
Happy to have signed a new contract at brighton yesterday!"

We have already produced many good defenders and mid-fielders, but... are we finally going to bring through a striker from the youth set-up to OUR first-team?
Scored a great goal for Torquay.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this is good news indeed :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
The focus on home-grown players bodes very well for the future, I can see Walton and a couple of others making the step up relatively soon

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry TB. Missed your post, but I see this as good news, and am a little surprised that we have (so far) failed to produce a good striker over many years, which was the key question I was raising. Is Goodwin the one?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry TB. Missed your post, but I see this as good news, and am a little surprised that we have (so far) failed to produce a good striker over many years, which was the key question I was raising. Is Goodwin the one?

I put a link to the previous thread earlier today then to realise that Albumen had already done it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A decent player, but lots of hard work ahead to cut it at this level, doing bloody well at Torquay though and taking his oppotunity, clearly the club have taken notice.

Clearly NSC will now see him as the saviour and pile heaps of pressure on him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A decent player, but lots of hard work ahead to cut it at this level, doing bloody well at Torquay though and taking his oppotunity, clearly the club have taken notice.

I bl00dy hope not.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

He's scored a goal for Torquay... This MUST mean he's the new Peter Ward. Let's worship him for now and then hang him the moment he doesn't score a hat-trick on his BHAFC debut.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
. are we finally going to bring through a striker from the youth set-up to OUR first-team?

Isn't he more a wide froward/winger than striker? Always played on the wing when I've seen him. He's always looked very promising, but then so have many in the reserves/development team. Looks very good going forward, but also works hard and defends well if needed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't he more a wide froward/winger than striker? Always played on the wing when I've seen him. He's always looked very promising, but then so have many in the reserves/development team. Looks very good going forward, but also works hard and defends well if needed.

With our current 4-3-3 fixation, I guess forward, rather than striker, would have been a better description. But then, we already have Solly!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

And say he's crap when he makes his first mistake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here