Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameless self promotion!

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Apologies for this shameless self promotion but i am very excited as my band has just released our new album and I am very proud of it :)

61Y5UefOZkL._AA240_.jpg

It's got reviewed in The Sun and The Guardian :guitar:

If you're a fan of indiepop (people always say we sound a bit like Belle & Sebastien though I'm not convinced) please check it out, I think we're getting played on BBC 6music tomorrow. Or if anyone's making the trip to the Green Man festival at the weekend we're playing on the Saturday. Hopefully be coming down to do a Brighton gig in November.

Thank you for your time
:moo:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Can I be very pedantic about this?

Elizabeth & Mary: This is linked in with the album title, The Casket Letters.

Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots were cousins who never met, but whose lives were constantly intertwined.

Elizabeth ending up having Mary beheaded and part of the evidence used against Mary were the Casket Letters.

Mary was held in Sheffield for quite a time.

Mary was held in Rotherham (not Sheffield) for quite a time. The chapel on the bridge (Chantry bridge) is where she was held.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It sounds an interesing album, Robinho ... with the added frisson that there's a Brighton fan involved.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
having a listen to the tasters on the bands Myspaz site

i like it , i'll buy it - class it as one purchase due :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
How weird, I had decided to buy it anyway after reading the Gwardian review. Nice one Robdinho.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Not my usual taste, but having listened to it on Itunes it is a well worth downloading.

I am sure it will be a big hit Rob, good luck to you.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Is that one of the pads down Woodland Drive on the cover? Handy for the Goldstone, not far from Withdean and a short hop on the bypass to Falmer. Pretty good location in my book. Shame i'm not a millionaire then.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Napster has delivered album to my MP3, is very good and will suits any long sun shiny days if we ever get them. REally like Elizabeth and Mary track.

See you are playing the end of the road festival in Dorset in September, hope to be going (Gilingham away and have'nt returned since our exile there) so will wander over and check out the live sound. Does the touring fit in with any away games or do you have to give that all a miss due to traveling with a drum kit.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Thanks everyone for your nice comments :)

Alas, so far touring and watching football have been not been very compatable; not to mention the fact that the band saps pretty much all my money!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On my second listen and it gets even better, the singer sounded familiar to me, but think its a just a blend of Nico, The Concretes, and especillay Tracy Thorn of ebtg.

If you were touring you could always turn up with the drum kit and blag in saying your from the Sheffield Wednesday band and booked as half time entertainment. Admire you for sticking with it and spending all your pennys, hope your picked up by all the press and it makes all your effort pay off.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am sure you can be VERY pedantic.

Not sure anyone is really that bothered though. To be honest isn't it enough to just be pleased for someone without having to nit-pick?

Now now, when you are minor celeb hob nobbing with the great and good of Brighton and Hove Albion it can be upsetting to see someone else hog the limelight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies for this shameless self promotion but i am very excited as my band has just released our new album and I am very proud of it :)

61Y5UefOZkL._AA240_.jpg

It's got reviewed in The Sun and The Guardian :guitar:

If you're a fan of indiepop (people always say we sound a bit like Belle & Sebastien though I'm not convinced) please check it out, I think we're getting played on BBC 6music tomorrow. Or if anyone's making the trip to the Green Man festival at the weekend we're playing on the Saturday. Hopefully be coming down to do a Brighton gig in November.

Thank you for your time
:moo:

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Got any links to youtube, samples etc. ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here