Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Severe weather warning issued

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
High drama in Hove, A length of guttering has been half ripped off a house opposite St. Johns Church in Church Road....Fire Brigade wagon blocking the East Bound lane.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Must admit that this is a very nasty little low, not going to blow its elf out for a few hours so there could be quite considerable damage....

Update, Church Road running as normal now. disaster avoided.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Returned from shops earlier to find my neighbour's wheelie bin had BLOWN over.

In the absence of any emergency services dealing with the situation or TV rolling news crews filming it, I parked my car, placed the shopping in the house, then returned outside and righted the bin.

It's like the end of the world out there.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

In the absence of any emergency services dealing with the situation or TV rolling news crews filming it, I parked my car, placed the shopping in the house, then returned outside and righted the bin.

That's some tale of derring do but earlier I replaced my greenhouse door which had been blown off! And put some plastic bottles back in the recycling bins as the wind had strewn them down my drive!! I can now see two buckets doing a merry dance on my patio and the BBQ leaning over at an alarming angle, if that goes I'm really going to have to give serious consideration to donning my north face jacket and doing some heroic BBQ rescue, I feel like bear grylls.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Brave man, you will be up for an award for this, I'm sure Fred Dineage has been made aware of this selfless act !

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

At least you had the training to deal with this sort of thing in your last job.

Sadly in the same situation I would probably have gone to pieces and left it lying there..... :eek:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dead calm here at the moment. How is the end of the world down there?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Getting worse towards midnight apparently, XC weather forecasting gusts to 76MPH at midnight,

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Some of my fairy lights have come free from the guttering and are hanging in a loop that is far larger than the other loops. my wife has banned me from deploying ladders but I may chance my arm leaning out of an upstairs window to re-secure a section. Tense moments indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here