Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It looked like you were replying on the Spuds game thread with FA Cup game strategy. A chance for low comedy that I was unable to resist. Apologies if I have overlooked that the dirty reds are in town on the same day. But I see that ManUre are home to Everton on Saturday. So my enormous brain the size of a planet (OK, Mercury rather than Saturn) is telling me that (you can guess the rest).
Are you suggesting this isn't the best thread for my Sheffield pub recommendations?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Noted.

Are you asking for our game against Spurs, our semi against Man U, one of the Manchester club's non-existent game in London this weekend, or the Shakespeare near Kelham Island in Sheffield (which I do highly recommend)?
The Shakespeare. Obviously :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've done both TH and SS and find SS the easier. My mate wants to get the overground to WHL this Saturday but I'm a bit sceptical about that - I reckon it's going to be rammed. Not thought of Northumberland Park as an option.

Definitely going SS on the way back: we've booked into a Nigerian tapas (!) restaurant for some scran before heading home.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry. My intellect is merely Phobos sized.
It's free entry. There's a large selection of beers and I gather an acceptable selection of ciders. And comfy armchairs. And a Harvey's plaque on the wall in one of the rooms. Great pub.

What was this thread about again?
No idea, mate.

I teach my students about 'going off topic' on the first day of my final year course:

Football is a game of two halves. Discuss:

Football was first played at a competitive and organized level in the UK in the late 1800s. At the time the UK was recovering well from the exertions of the Napoleonic wars. Napoleon, when captured was exiled on the Island of Elba. He died of mercury poisoning, thought to have emanated from dyes used in his bedroom wallpaper. Mercury (Hg) is metal that is a liquid at room temperature. It was once used in an alloy to make dental fillings. Tooth decay is still common today, despite 13 years of world-beating Conservative governments. Boris Johnson, however, has proven to be a liar and a ****

Going off topic is a dangerous, and yet exhilarating experience.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
No idea, mate.

I teach my students about 'going off topic' on the first day of my final year course:

Football is a game of two halves. Discuss:

Football was first played at a competitive and organized level in the UK in the late 1800s. At the time the UK was recovering well from the exertions of the Napoleonic wars. Napoleon, when captured was exiled on the Island of Elba. He died of mercury poisoning, thought to have emanated from dyes used in his bedroom wallpaper. Mercury (Hg) is metal that is a liquid at room temperature. It was once used in an alloy to make dental fillings. Tooth decay is still common today, despite 13 years of world-beating Conservative governments. Boris Johnson, however, has proven to be a liar and a ****

Going off topic is a dangerous, and yet exhilarating experience.
Where did you get my answer to the written portion of my chartership review?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The weather looks set fair, so I can thoroughly recommend an early arrival and a leisurely walk around the Walthamstow wetlands. Get out at Tottenham Hale (turn left on exiting the station, then left again up Ferry Lane). That's our plan, anyway!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I travel via Seven Sisters regularly and the queuing system for match days is a pain. I got caught up in the Saracens/Harlequins crowds a few weeks back and the trains coming in to SS were already 80% full. To be honest I would probably pick up the train at Liverpool St as you get trains that go to SS and Tottenham Hale or just walk from SS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last year we went overland from Liverpool Street to Northumberland Park - much better route in my opinion than the long slog along the Seven Sisters Road (that is a complete state)
What was the post-match wait like to head back?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've done both TH and SS and find SS the easier. My mate wants to get the overground to WHL this Saturday but I'm a bit sceptical about that - I reckon it's going to be rammed. Not thought of Northumberland Park as an option.

Definitely going SS on the way back: we've booked into a Nigerian tapas (!) restaurant for some scran before heading home.
Nigerian tapas . . . l've heard of fusion food, but that's ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here