Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seven Days to Spread The Word

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Picture this….

Continuing the intensive campaign in support of the Albion’s application for the new Community Stadium, the Falmer For All Team has launched a unique picture postcard – showing some very special scenes of Brighton & Hove.

The pictures include two iconic buildings, both very familiar to us in Sussex, the Royal Pavilion from the 19th century and the proposed Community Stadium for the 21st century.

The key issues (the national interest, the economic/social benefits and Falmer being the most appropriate site) are printed on the back of the postcard, along with a request to urge John Prescott to say YES!

You can view the card at http://homepage.virgin.net/tim.carder

The postcards will be sent to MPs at the House of Commons – and we have thousands to send!

How you can do your bit…..

The postcard mailing is targetted solely at Labour MPs outside of Sussex. We need everyone to collate as many names and postcodes of people living in any Labour constituency, outside of Sussex, as soon as possible.

Because of the sheer volume involved, the FFA Team will co-ordinate the entire exercise – we will enter each constituent’s name and postcode on a postcard and send it on to their constituency MP at Westminster. All you need to do is give us their names and postcodes.

The constituents can be friends, relatives, work colleagues etc – though please ensure that they support the Falmer Campaign and are happy to have their details used in this way.

You may find www.locata.co.uk/commons/ useful in providing a postcode cross check to sitting MPs.

There is no limit on numbers! Please though do your utmost to provide as many names and postcodes as you can – and as soon as possible please, as time is of the essence. Some fans have already responded to our requests on North Stand Chat – thank you.

We believe this initiative is different and it will send a very powerful message – reinforcing the Albion’s credentials as part of the national game.

I hope you agree, but to work it does need each and everyone ‘to do their bit’ and provide as many names & postcodes as possible. Please do not leave it to others, because others may not do it!

Email your list to paul@samrah.freeserve.co.uk or send them to the Club, marking your envelope ‘Labour MPs Postcard ‘.

Spread the word and together we will win!

Thank you

Paul Samrah

Chair, Falmer For All Campaign

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY WEBSITES AS POSSIBLE

Continuing the intensive campaign in support of the Albion’s application for the new Community Stadium, the Falmer For All Team has launched a unique picture postcard – showing some very special scenes of Brighton & Hove.

The pictures include two iconic buildings, both very familiar to us in Sussex, the Royal Pavilion from the 19th century and the proposed Community Stadium for the 21st century.

The key issues (the national interest, the economic/social benefits and Falmer being the most appropriate site) are printed on the back of the postcard, along with a request to urge John Prescott to say YES!

You can view the card at http://homepage.virgin.net/tim.carder

The postcards will be sent to MPs at the House of Commons – and we have thousands to send!

How you can do your bit…..

The postcard mailing is targetted solely at Labour MPs outside of Sussex. We need everyone to collate as many names and postcodes of people living in any Labour constituency, outside of Sussex, as soon as possible.

Because of the sheer volume involved, the FFA Team will co-ordinate the entire exercise – we will enter each constituent’s name and postcode on a postcard and send it on to their constituency MP at Westminster. All you need to do is give us their names and postcodes.

The constituents can be friends, relatives, work colleagues etc – though please ensure that they support the Falmer Campaign and are happy to have their details used in this way.

You may find www.locata.co.uk/commons/ useful in providing a postcode cross check to sitting MPs.

There is no limit on numbers! Please though do your utmost to provide as many names and postcodes as you can – and as soon as possible please, as time is of the essence.

Email your list to paul@samrah.freeserve.co.uk or send them to the Club, marking your envelope ‘Labour MPs Postcard'.

Where have you spread the word?

So far...

www.community.sigames.com (The Official "Championship Manager" Forums)
-http://community.sigames.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=8191933985&m=471105552

www.footiethreads.com
-http://footiethreads.com/forum/showthread.php?p=68399#post68399

www.footballforums.net
-http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59712

www.thefootballforum.net
-http://www.thefootballforum.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=20204

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
You have to be f***ing joking!!!!!!!!!

We are distributing a postcard which doubles up as a Focus DIY advert!!!!! Is this some kind of sick joke!!!!! :shootself :angry:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Kalimantan Gull said:
see the bigger picture Rich... the bigger picture...

Bigger picture my arse - someone has seriously dropped a bollock on this one. I dont see any ironic statment is possible form this, before its suggested as deliberate. Its a very good shot of the site i'll grant you, but the lorry should have been doctored in Photoshop.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
My take on the Focus lorry surrounds the fact that the image is supposed to demonstrate how "un beautiful" the proposed site is. What greater proof can there be that it is NOT an AOB, than having a f*ckung great Focus lorry lumbering through it?!

There could be some "post YES decision" irony, too, in that a post card featuring the arch enemy actually helped us!

No doubt others will have alternative ironic explanations....

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
Its a great idea but the picture of the ground

could we not have put something other than a black background there is some other good images i have seen with people milling about and the carpark and other buildings

its well worth a try not being negative

but a focus lorry advertising shit like that oh well i agree with balloonboy irony :thumbsup:

Stuff the f*****g Focus lorry. If the postcards get a few Labour MPs to bend Prescotts ear, then it would have been a success. I cringe when I hear the mention of bastard Bill and Focus, but I'm not going to let my principles stop any genuine pro-active activity that may help us get Falmer.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I understand that we are trying to get 30 postcards to every Labour MP?

Presumably we have enough for some and not enough for others?

It would be useful to know the areas where we're short so we can "focus" - oops - on those message boards.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Postcard campaign

The postcard campaign has just been put out on the bloomberg newswire .Bloomberg picked up on the article given to PA sport from Amanda Cornforth ..well done Tim :clap: :clap2:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
fine, so some of you think it's an outrageously funny piece of irony! i disagree completely.

if the irony were to be understood by the recipients then i'd probably be in agreement, but it won't be and as far as i'm concerned anything that is a visual reminder of that c*nts business isn't in the slightest bit funny.

however i hope the campaign is a success for the greater good, obviously!

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
My sincere belief is that both the Board of Brighton & Hove Albion and the organisers of FFA have all the judgement skills one could ever demand in this mammoth task. We can by all means question some of their calls, but we have to remember we're not privy to the whole story, and in hindsight it's pretty amazing what they've done.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
balloonboy said:
My sincere belief is that both the Board of Brighton & Hove Albion and the organisers of FFA have all the judgement skills one could ever demand in this mammoth task. We can by all means question some of their calls, but we have to remember we're not privy to the whole story, and in hindsight it's pretty amazing what they've done.

It's also bloody amazing what we've done too and hindsight isn't needed to see that!

As for the F**kedUs truck....the only people who will see it will be the recipients and the people sending the cards. Hardly a windfall bit of advertising for one eyed bill.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have a question concerning this Postcard to a Labour MP initiative...

Are they being sent to MEPs too?

In case this hasn't been done before:

Labour MEPs

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It was a piece of genius to get the Focus lorry in the picture, it must've taken days to get that shot.

Nice one :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here