Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta on the brink ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Setanta were due to pay the SPL a £3M installment on Monday. The money wasn't forthcoming and tomorrow sees the SPL deciding on whether to take legal action to recover the monies owed. Setanta though can still technically make a deferred payment until the end of June. Three SPL clubs could be in financial difficulties and forced into administration or wound up as the next £3M installment isn't due until 1st August. It could well be that England's international match in Kazakhstan is the last footy game screened by Setanta considering that the Premier League is also expecting their next £35M payment on 15th June. A possible rescue package by Sky looks to have come to a dead end with a £50M deal to bring it into their sports package but retaining the Setanta brand turned down by Sky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NF9 , how many posts have you got left today ? :blush:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Setanta really are a poor company. My parents managed to get 'free' seasons worth of Setenta through freeview when they purchased a DTV box. They got my Dad's card number on the sign up, then went about charging him extra each month. Needless to say it took a lot of effort to get the money back!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oh well never mind another two bob company will step in for a years. First ITV digital then Setanta who next. All to give the consumer more 'choice' according to the EU

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Looks like Liverpool will miss out on their much needed share of the £35 million. Oh well.

Fatboy Quim

Jan 27, 2005
Setanta is the only channel that gives good coverage to both boxing and MMA (namely UFC) and usually this coverage is good. These sports would suffer badly if Setanta goes under.

So far I am content with Setanta - but then again I haven't tried to cancel yet...

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I cancelled my subscription the other day and they were just throwing offers at me. And since i have cancelled they have continued to do so which is very annoying. I cancelled for a reason.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I hope they get f***ed over. I've heard NOTHING but bad things about Setanta and their shocking level of customer care.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I will be happy if that severs the link between them and the BSP, no more playing games at stupid times on Thursday and Sunday evenings...or delaying the kick-off with the fans already in their seats just because the previous programme hasn't finished...they take the pi$$!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Setanta go, does that mean i won't get Racing UK anymore?

Other broadcasters will step in and take over the sporting rights , Racing UK and Racing World could merge into one channel.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have just tried to cancel my subscription - they make it damn hard

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have just tried to cancel my subscription - they make it damn hard

Were you offered 3 months for £9.99 ? (£3.33 a month) to make you change your mind. :rolleyes:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Hiney, my experience with these things is that once isn't enough...you generally need to do it twice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here