Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sergio Reguilon

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That is ever so slightly getting into Leeds fans’ Bielsa adulation territory…..Not for me.

Respectfully disagree.
Leeds fans collectively lauded Bielsa as the greatest manager ever, without a hint of irony.
I’m a lone voice on a Brighton forum suggesting that if Potter is given a LB and wants to improve then GP will likely get the best out said player.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have a mate who is a United fan who keeps throwing this fact in my face as a negative about GP. Hence I have enjoyed our results against them even more, the loser handing United their arses on a plate is getting hard for him to take.

The plonker is Brighton born and bred too

. . . and like many a Manure fan, your mate has probably never seen them play.

I know someone very similar, who hardly knows where Manchester even is, never mind actually been there.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Respectfully disagree.
Leeds fans collectively lauded Bielsa as the greatest manager ever, without a hint of irony.
I’m a lone voice on a Brighton forum suggesting that if Potter is given a LB and wants to improve then GP will likely get the best out said player.

Oh, I agree with that. I do think though that is different from not minding who we buy as Potter can get the required standard out of anyone. Apologies if my paraphrasing misrepresents your point in any way.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Respectfully disagree.
Straying into Leeds fans' Bielsa adulation territory would be claiming that the profit we made in one season on Cucurella was all Potter's doing and Cucurella had shown zero promise or ability up until the moment he arrived in Lancing. And that Barcelona/Eibar/Getafe played absolutely no part in his success.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have a mate who is a United fan who keeps throwing this fact in my face as a negative about GP. Hence I have enjoyed our results against them even more, the loser handing United their arses on a plate is getting hard for him to take.

The plonker is Brighton born and bred too

Have you asked him what percentage of those wins united have contributed to?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Straying into Leeds fans' Bielsa adulation territory would be claiming that the profit we made in one season on Cucurella was all Potter's doing and Cucurella had shown zero promise or ability up until the moment he arrived in Lancing. And that Barcelona/Eibar/Getafe played absolutely no part in his success.

This. It doesn't mean I worship the ground Potter walks on and think he can do no wrong.

I just trust him to generally get things right, and he seems really decent at making what can appear a fairly average player a very effective cog in the BHA wheel.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This. It doesn't mean I worship the ground Potter walks on and think he can do no wrong.

I just trust him to generally get things right, and he seems really decent at making what can appear a fairly average player a very effective cog in the BHA wheel.

You should do a bit more ground-worshipping imo

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That is ever so slightly getting into Leeds fans’ Bielsa adulation territory…..Not for me.

Bit harsh. Potter achieved the highest ever Albion finish with a team that was well drilled. Didn't include any megastars and has been put together through careful recruitment (courtesy of the whole recruitment team).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do feel that TB, GP and the current recruitment team have taken some of the fun out of our speculating on new signings. If they sign someone, whether we have heard of them or not, whatever we think of them, whether our best mate has a season ticket for their team and thinks they're complete shithouse no longer matters one Iota.

It's now 'well if TB, GP and team think they can do a job, fair enough'. What sort of way is that to run a football club :wink:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I do feel that TB, GP and the current recruitment team have taken some of the fun out of our speculating on new signings. If they sign someone, whether we have heard of them or not, whatever we think of them, whether our best mate has a season ticket for their team and thinks they're complete shithouse no longer matters one Iota.

It's now 'well if TB, GP and team think they can do a job, fair enough'. What sort of way is that to run a football club :wink:

Agreed. And what's this 9th place bollouax whilst we are on about it.
:thumbsup:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
OTT replies. Icy, the alternative to thinking your manager can turn water into wine is not ‘thinking your manager is a bit crap.’ I don’t want to replace him so don’t have any alternatives to suggest. I am simply pointing out that if you really agree that we could buy anyone and Potter would turn them into a gem then you should be suggesting we buy the Crawley team for a tenner and save Tony a lot of money. This is exactly the claim made by Leeds fans about Bielsa and we have a four million page thread about their delusions.
So, to re-iterate before you distort what I am saying again;

1) Potter is brilliant
2) I want him at our club for as long as possible
3) No one can buy ‘anyone’ and turn them into a success
4) I can see we are going to have these silly, defensive accusations all this season as well.

Point 3) was proved by Potter's abject and complete failure to turn Locadia and Jahanbakhsh into Messi and Ronaldo.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
. . . and like many a Manure fan, your mate has probably never seen them play.

I know someone very similar, who hardly knows where Manchester even is, never mind actually been there.

Tesco delivery guy in Henfield revealed he is Manure fan, but Brighton is his second team. Apparently he 'became a fan' because of Georgie Best. That's over 50 years ago:facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not at all. Potter is part of the recruitment process, not the all-seeing God of perfection that Bielsa was. Targets are identified that fit the strategy…….then, assuming they tick all the boxes, GP gets to refine the raw material. Complete confidence in the process here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed, it’s as boring as ***k. Club signs unknown from some noddy league, or previous sicknote……..we know the rest :bowdown:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not at all. Potter is part of the recruitment process, not the all-seeing God of perfection that Bielsa was. Targets are identified that fit the strategy…….then, assuming they tick all the boxes, GP gets to refine the raw material. Complete confidence in the process here.

That isn’t the point that was made and to which I responded.

el punal

So it’s definite then - Michael Owen will be presented to the Amex crowd at 2.45. They certainly kept that one under wraps. :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here