Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serge Gnabry [Merged]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely no chance of Wilson going back now they've recalled januzaj

Januzaj has only been recalled because Dortmund weren't starting him or playing him much, so the loan move for experience wasn't working for either party.

Perhaps Januzaj linking up with Wilson on loan to us would work!

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Indeed.

2 strikers if Man Utd have privately indicated to us that Wilson will be on his way back soon.

Will Keane cancelled his loan at Preston to go back to Man Utd in the hope of getting first team football, i believe. Hopefully means that Wilson wont be going back.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep but still strengthens our position with wilson..... Maybe we can take januzaj as well !

Ha ha I edited that post to say the same thing after I thought about it. While it is fanciful, there is a logic of sending him to team up with Wilson, even if a short loan - get him games at least.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id rather have Santos as the other winger with Knockaert

me too, but i dont think we need 2 buy 2 wingers.

If we had Knockaert, March, Lua Lua, Murphy and Rosenior as back up in wide areas we are well stacked already.

Therefore a loan to cover the current injuries is the way to go.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would he want mega wages he is a wealthy man with a wealthy wife and he is 34 in a couple of weeks. Would think his biggest desire is game time rather than wages, within reason.

He doesn't strike me as one of those players who loves the game so much they'll do anything to keep playing. Reckon he'll retire at the top rather than slip down the leagues. Just a hunch really.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If he and knocky sign must mean lua lua isn't coming back this month? (Like the info seagull wedgee posted)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If he and knocky sign must mean lua lua isn't coming back this month? (Like the info seagull wedgee posted)

Or we just see a way to strengthen the side with an available player?

Didn't we use to have 4 decent wingers and then swap them both around 70mins

I swear Gus did that right at the beginning of the AMEX years. We had Buckley, Noone, kaz and one other.

Now I would see it as Kaz, Murphy, Serge and Knocky?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or we just see a way to strengthen the side with an available player?

Didn't we use to have 4 decent wingers and then swap them both around 70mins

I swear Gus did that right at the beginning of the AMEX years. We had Buckley, Noone, kaz and one other.

Now I would see it as Kaz, Murphy, Serge and Knocky?
Gai Assulin

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We need 4 available wingers. Competition for places is crucial. Notice how Murphy's form has dipped since March and LuaLua got injured.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What media was this? General chat in the studio or a tweet etc?

From Sky website :

BRIGHTON GET GNABRY?

Arsenal's Serge Gnabry is set to join Sky Bet Championship side Brighton on loan for the rest of the season, according to The Sun.

The 20-year-old joined West Brom on loan in the summer but has made just one appearance in the Premier League and two in the Capital One Cup.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is keen to refresh his attacking options after their promotion bid has taken a hit in recent weeks.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It is on the transfer centre rolling thread but it is a quote from the Sun paper it's not actually saying its happening

From Sky website :

BRIGHTON GET GNABRY?

Arsenal's Serge Gnabry is set to join Sky Bet Championship side Brighton on loan for the rest of the season, according to The Sun.

The 20-year-old joined West Brom on loan in the summer but has made just one appearance in the Premier League and two in the Capital One Cup.

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is keen to refresh his attacking options after their promotion bid has taken a hit in recent weeks.

Thanks both. So just in the Sun then, not Sky Sports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here