Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sentencing for 110mph wankpanzer driver. (Sorry can't find original thread)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Ms Ozden’s 13-year-old daughter said in a statement read to the court: ‘I blame the driver for taking my mum away. Even if he got a life sentence or twenty years it will not change anything.

‘I want him to have a long time in prison, so this does not happen to anyone else.’

The defendant received 7 years in custody and a 12 year ban.
He'll be legally driving into a disabled parking place when he's 35 years old.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
People like that should never be allowed to drive or own a car ever again

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
There is no need for any car on our roads to be able to do 110 mph. every vehicle should be speed limited.

Currently there is something wrong with my car and so it comes up with restricted performance limiting the revs and top speed. maybe im getting old and boring but its not that much of an issue. I really dont need all of the 2l turbo day to day. I look at some of these cars with their 4 exhaust pipes etc and think whats the point......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't believe that anyone managed to survive that.
FlT-vEtXkAEghi-.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely the driver should have got a harsher sentence. I'm sure someone will come along to explain why why death by dangerous driving is different to manslaughter but ultimately his actions has killed someone.
He has previous speeding convictions, including a recent one for driving at 95mph in a 50mph zone in May 2020.

You didn't have to be Tom Cruise's partner in Minority Report to see this coming.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I was on that night and when my Oppo took the call from the Park Royal supervisor that a car was on the tracks. We were incredulous for a moment, as the track is a long way from the road and it didn't seem possible, as the car would've had to have cleared the station roof to get there. We brought up the cctv and there was just this big black lump sitting there, didn't even look like a Range Rover. After doing the job for 21 years I was pretty sure that the Railway couldn't chuck anything my way, that I hadn't dealt with before, oh how wrong I was. Two nights later some idiot trying to do a tiktok style challenge nearly decapitated themselves on a signal gantry trying to train surf in the pitch black. Those seven night shifts that week were some of the worst I've had in my time on the Underground.

Have to say though that it was a credit to everyone who was on that night in getting the quick response we did.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You always get the whinges when there's strikes, but it goes to show, you pay decent wages you get people who are calm and collected during the most testing of incidents.
Not wishing to de-rail this thread but its nothing to do with wages, as a one time member of St John, I have seen plenty of volunteers who are just as calm and collected in emergency situations

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Not wishing to de-rail this thread but its nothing to do with wages, as a one time member of St John, I have seen plenty of volunteers who are just as calm and collected in emergency situations

I didn't mean it in that context, volunteers are amazing people. I've edited that bit out of my original post, as you quite rightly say, no need to derail the thread.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
There is no need for any car on our roads to be able to do 110 mph. every vehicle should be speed limited.

Currently there is something wrong with my car and so it comes up with restricted performance limiting the revs and top speed. maybe im getting old and boring but its not that much of an issue. I really dont need all of the 2l turbo day to day. I look at some of these cars with their 4 exhaust pipes etc and think whats the point......
My Cortina will do 115 and it's only got one little exhaust pipe.

modern cars are ludicrous. Still, Dick waving cars sell.

thart guy should hae been trialled for manslaughter and banned for life from anything more than a dtoddlers trike.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My Cortina will do 115 and it's only got one little exhaust pipe.

modern cars are ludicrous. Still, Dick waving cars sell.

thart guy should hae been trialled for manslaughter and banned for life from anything more than a dtoddlers trike
I bet when you're doing 115mph in your racing Cortina you blooming well know about it.
I bet this fella was having to give a speed commentary so he could impress his passengers and I doubt he even had to turn up his tapedeck.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Can't believe that anyone managed to survive that.

Surely the driver should have got a harsher sentence. I'm sure someone will come along to explain why why death by dangerous driving is different to manslaughter but ultimately his actions has killed someone.
Manslaughter carries the widest range of sentencing of any offence, from a discharge to life imprisonment. In my view, D by DD is more serious than manslaughter and needs to have a maximum of life.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was on that night and when my Oppo took the call from the Park Royal supervisor that a car was on the tracks. We were incredulous for a moment, as the track is a long way from the road and it didn't seem possible, as the car would've had to have cleared the station roof to get there. We brought up the cctv and there was just this big black lump sitting there, didn't even look like a Range Rover. After doing the job for 21 years I was pretty sure that the Railway couldn't chuck anything my way, that I hadn't dealt with before, oh how wrong I was. Two nights later some idiot trying to do a tiktok style challenge nearly decapitated themselves on a signal gantry trying to train surf in the pitch black. Those seven night shifts that week were some of the worst I've had in my time on the Underground.

Have to say though that it was a credit to everyone who was on that night in getting the quick response we did.
Me too, I was working on that night.
Had drivers in London caught up in traffic from that tw@ts actions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I haven't read motoring magazines for yonks (never was that avid a reader anyway) but I can well remember that the motoring journalists would give absolutely totally shit and rubbish reviews, mocking and pouring scorn on any new car, even modest family saloons, if they wouldn't considerably exceed the speed limit.
Why does any car sold in the UK need to have the capabiity to go over 70 m.p.h. anyway? The only problem would be, nobody would want to buy one!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Manslaughter carries the widest range of sentencing of any offence, from a discharge to life imprisonment. In my view, D by DD is more serious than manslaughter and needs to have a maximum of life.
It seems that it now does for offences committed after 28th June 2022.

The guidelines below are interesting. Greatly excessive speed and racing are on a level 2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I haven't read motoring magazines for yonks (never was that avid a reader anyway) but I can well remember that the motoring journalists would give absolutely totally shit and rubbish reviews, mocking and pouring scorn on any new car, even modest family saloons, if they wouldn't considerably exceed the speed limit.
Why does any car sold in the UK need to have the capabiity to go over 70 m.p.h. anyway? The only problem would be, nobody would want to buy one!
This one is exactly what you might be after. The new electric Citroen Ami. Max speed 28mph :eek: That is dangerous at the other end of the scale imo

IMG_0212.jpeg

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
It seems that it now does for offences committed after 28th June 2022.

The guidelines below are interesting. Greatly excessive speed and racing are on a level 2.

That's all well and good but how many deaths in one incident must it take before someone receives a life sentence.
This bell-end had been done for excessive speed before and was obviously an accident waiting to happen.
It's about time these totally selfish self obsessed f*****s copped some real consequence for their selfish life destroying peacocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here