Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Send your message to DK (about BAS) here.....

They do offer cheap deals to schools etc but to go as part of a trip requires a certain number of adults per child which is often a stumbling block I believe.

It does, but I think it's probably 1 adult per 20 kids. Not that much of an issue I reckon. Anyway, again what more could the club do about that?

Maybe just to give them out on an individual basis to some of the older youth teams / school kids in the area who could go on their own might be beneficial.

How about giving a load out free to SIXTH formers?

Again I know they do deals with local kids football teams, so that is already going on. I don't agree at all with giving them to sixth formers free. f*** that. When I was in sixth form I was working part time and could afford to go. They still get student rates so there's no need to give them away. Plus, anyone that isn't a fan by then anyway will already be supporting someone else, so the get them in young point is invalid.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our squad is very thin on the ground for strikers. Certainly Bas's agent has got his timing spot on because Dick will be under pressure to agree terms.

However, the reason we employed Barry Lloyd was to unearth players like Bas, and I would hope that between them Lloyd and Knight have a few irons in the fire with regard to strikers.

Bas needs to remember that this club is stable and is in contention for a play-off place. Knight needs to remember what a good job Bas has done for us.

At the end of the day Bas needs us, we need him, this should be a routine bit of business for both parties. And if Bas takes the piss we go to Lloyd for our next Bas.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It does, but I think it's probably 1 adult per 20 kids. Not that much of an issue I reckon. Anyway, again what more could the club do about that?

Again I know they do deals with local kids football teams, so that is already going on. I don't agree at all with giving them to sixth formers free. f*** that. When I was in sixth form I was working part time and could afford to go. They still get student rates so there's no need to give them away. Plus, anyone that isn't a fan by then anyway will already be supporting someone else, so the get them in young point is invalid.

Many schools want one adult per five or six kids apparantly. Regardless of the figures you try getting more than a couple of the already over-worked teachers to give up a Saturday....

As far as sixth formers go yes you and I might have had to pay for our own tickets but I would welcome getting a few dozen people along who may have previously missed the chance of becoming an albion fan because of playing at Gillingham / problems with getting tickets at Withdean etc. Especially as, as you say, they have some money and could buy a programme and burgers and chips etc.

You don't need to do it every game but for the ones you know in advance you will struggle to sell out give them free to sixth formers or students and then let them know of cheap tickets for future games.

Many schools want one adult per five or six kids apparantly. Regardless of the figures you try getting more than a couple of the already over-worked teachers to give up a Saturday....

So what do you suggest then? On one hand you say give free tickets to schools, then you say that the schools won't take them up because they can't get enough adults to go. :thud:

You can't have it both ways.

As far as sixth formers go yes you and I might have had to pay for our own tickets but I would welcome getting a few dozen people along who may have previously missed the chance of becoming an albion fan because of playing at Gillingham / problems with getting tickets at Withdean etc. Especially as, as you say, they have some money and could buy a programme and burgers and chips etc.

You don't need to do it every game but for the ones you know in advance you will struggle to sell out give them free to sixth formers or students and then let them know of cheap tickets for future games.

I agree that there may be something more that could be done for games that they know won't sell out, and maybe students/older school kids could be the way ahead, but I'm not sure that targetting a group that already have disposable income with freebies is the way ahead. In for a fiver maybe?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How about Sixth form girls get in free, if they dress up in full St.Trinians stylee?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
To Mr Knight.

Please do what you consider to be in the best interests of BHA, as I am sure that you will and do not need me to advise you.

If you consider keeping Baz at all costs is important then do so but if not could you please sign a player that can play football and head the ball in the direction of our players, not be just a novelty value for his infrequent goal scoring moonwalk.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dear Dick

Please try and reach some sort of agreement as Bas is one of the only players we have who truly excite the crowd .He may not be the most skillful player, but there is a sense that when he has the ball things will happen. In these days of dour unimaginative football, and us struggling to get people through the gates it is terribly important that we have entertainers on the field that the crowd can react to.

Regards
DTG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dear Mr Knight,

I seem to have developed a small mole under my left armpit that I'm sure wasn't there until recently. Its really quite tiny - in terms of scale, to give you an idea, its probably about the size of the Queens right eye on a 10p piece. Although its not overtly unsightly (I can easily brush my armpit hair across to obscure it), I don't want further moles developing elsewhere upon my torso, as I do not have sufficient body hair to enable effective concealment.

I've heard that feta cheese can help, but I'm not sure whether I should eat it, or smear it on me. Any advice you can offer would be gratefully received.
Thanks,

E 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here