Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selling a Car

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Mrs Snowy has got her immaculate 2008 Fiesta for sale as she doesn't need it any more but, even though we've advertised it in Auto Trader and Friday Ad, there's no takers. We've been contacted by Karz2go and Cardata who reckon they'll sell it for us but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever used these guys or anything similar?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What is there commision on the sale?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Everything and anything will sell quickly if the price is right, are you sure you are not over optimistic with your asking price?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Mrs Snowy has got her immaculate 2008 Fiesta for sale as she doesn't need it any more but, even though we've advertised it in Auto Trader and Friday Ad, there's no takers. We've been contacted by Karz2go and Cardata who reckon they'll sell it for us but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever used these guys or anything similar?

I've never heard of Karz2go but i'd steer well clear of Cardata. Any service that offers to sell your car for you, but expects you to pay their commission up front is pretty much going to be a scam. Once they've got your money, what incentive is there for them to actually do anything about marketing your car?

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
We're after c. £6,000 which is a good market value for the Car. Karz2go say they will give us £4,500 for it (no way!) or £5,500 on sale or Return but they pay for all of the advertising etc. Cardata want £79.99 up front to advertise it for us. If they sell it for more than we want they keep the extra and refund the £79.99 as well. I'm not sure about either of them to be honest. Has anyone got any other suggestions of how to sell it or where to advertise it?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We're after c. £6,000 which is a good market value for the Car. Karz2go say they will give us £4,500 for it (no way!) or £5,500 on sale or Return but they pay for all of the advertising etc. Cardata want £79.99 up front to advertise it for us. If they sell it for more than we want they keep the extra and refund the £79.99 as well. I'm not sure about either of them to be honest. Has anyone got any other suggestions of how to sell it or where to advertise it?

as another poster has said maybe you are asking too much for it, also have you advertised it with all the sevice history, extras, remaining tax etc etc

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Never, ever, ever use Cardata... they will take your money, send you a for sale sticker & you will never hear from them again... unless you advertise in autotrader again.... & I speak from experience (albeit a long time ago !)

Piston Heads is worth ago & it's free - nothing to lose...

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Do not use Cardata. Just google them and put in cardata reviews. They are also based in Jersey so if you even try to claim money back via credit card company you are not covered under CCA. Please avoid like the plague.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
One of the best ways to Advertise is a classified (fixed price) advert on e bay. From memory its about £14 for 30 days. Get to put on lots of pictures and no further payments even if sold.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£6,000 sounds like quite a lot for a 2nd hand Fiesta. They're only about £8.5-£9k new arn't they ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This one was over £10,000 when new and it's only done 5,011 miles. It's as good as new!

Fair enough, but nothing 2nd hand is ever really "as good as new". £6k sounds a tad optmistic to me, although perhaps thats your opening price for an ONO. Is it a 1.6 ?

(not that I'm in the market anyway, mind).

fenultimate

May 30, 2011
Anyone had problems with Karz2Go? They took a car from me on 'sale or return' sold it but kept the money. Police are taking action as there are, apparently many more similar victims..penicuik.exile@gmail.com if you want to get in touch.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This one was over £10,000 when new and it's only done 5,011 miles. It's as good as new!

Unfortunately cars lose value the moment they roll off the forecourt! A guy I know bought an absolute brand spanking top of the range every gadget included Fiat Stilo, he runs his own Car valeting company so kept the thing absolutely immaculate, he paid just over £19,000 for it, it sold 3 years later for £4000 :eek:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Anyone had problems with Karz2Go? They took a car from me on 'sale or return' sold it but kept the money. Police are taking action as there are, apparently many more similar victims..penicuik.exile@gmail.com if you want to get in touch.

interesting first post ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here