Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selfies OUT!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This doesn't surprise me at all. I took my boys around to the exit on the East Stand after the Luton game and there must have been a couple of thousand people waiting. We left but the players would never have gotten away if they'd stayed to sign things for every waiting fan, you will always have someone leaving disappointed.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That is such a shame, I'll jnr will never be able to get Solly's autograph now. ☹️ I suspect YouTubers going to the training ground & getting autographs may have led to some increase of autograph hunters. At the West Ham game there was a huge queue of people but that rapidly diminished after Mitoma had gone through. I can understand why they'd want to stop it if people are being rude to players and selling them on Ebay etc. We were looking forward to getting more sigs on the shirt but am grateful for the ones we have got.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Totally understand this. Even Dave Grohl, the nicest man in rock, has done similar due to recognizing repeat offenders who were cashing in with signed stuff on eBay.

The compromise of a pre-match session seems good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah I thought that was a great idea
Agree. Means I now have to sign up to Junior seagulls but I will pass this cost onto my eBay customers. :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The club can be reassured that I won't be changing my policy for any Albion players that want a selfie with me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
after the Luton game and there must have been a couple of thousand people waiting.
True. That said, I asked Paul Barber for a selfie and by the time he’d finished answering my question the crowds had thinned out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The below seems like a decent compromise.

'Instead, we will be offering a number of spaces for our junior season-ticket holders and MyAlbion+ junior members at every home matchday to come to the stadium early for enhanced selfie and autograph opportunities with the squad in a safe environment as the players arrive.

A number of our junior members have been selected at random and invited to this Saturday’s game against West Ham United.

Next week we will write to members with further details on how to register their interest ahead of the match with Newcastle United. Please note members will be limited to attend one such session per season.

We fully appreciate this will come as a disappointment to many genuine autograph hunters and a number of our young fans who enjoy this as part of their matchday, but supporter safety is a number one priority and furthermore we feel an enhanced opportunity will make home matchdays even more special for those young fans selected.

There will also be additional opportunities at the popular member open days and organised supporter events at the Amex throughout the season.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here