Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Selfie stick

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why don't people just carry mirrors around with themselves, if they want to look at their own face so much.

Excellent plan. What if you wanted to hold the mirror a bit further away though, to see your own face, more in the context of the specific surroundings? If only there were a clever device to hold it for you.

#LooksForDragonsDenApplicationForm

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Slightly hijacking the thread - for people that use facebook.

What is it with people that have to check in, everywhere they go and tag you with them at every available opportunity? I don't want people knowing where I am - I especially don't want them knowing I'm there with a narcissist.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Excellent plan. What if you wanted to hold the mirror a bit further away though, to see your own face, more in the context of the specific surroundings? If only there were a clever device to hold it for you.

#LooksForDragonsDenApplicationForm

*whoosh*

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why don't people just carry mirrors around with themselves, if they want to look at their own face so much.

I did see a girl the other day taking pics of the back of her head then looking at them to see what her hair looked like. FFS.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you can recall in detail all of the sights/sounds/emotions of events without any aide memoire then you are lucky. Most people with children cherish photos and video clips of their kids at younger ages and I certainly enjoy looking at Youtube of Albion matches and crowds...

I wonder how many children are going to grow up totally ****ed off with their entire life from birth to adult being documented and published all over the net by their parents though? ****ed off is probably the best, at worst it could lead to other issues down the line. I'm quite a private person and would be horrified if my life was splattered all over Facebook/Instagram etc by my parents.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Fat munter takes selfie and puts it on Facebook.

Typical response "wow you look great babe, you are so beautiful.

ffs, you're a dog in a dress that's too small for you.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Fat munter takes selfie and puts it on Facebook.

Typical response "wow you look great babe, you are so beautiful.

ffs, you're a dog in a dress that's too small for you.

That REALLY annoys me.

"ahhh, you look stunning babe'

Really? Really? Does she really look stunning?

I turned facebook off a few weeks ago because of this very thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That REALLY annoys me.

"ahhh, you look stunning babe'

Really? Really? Does she really look stunning?

I turned facebook off a few weeks ago because of this very thing.

Stunning? It's GAWJUS. Spelled like that. FFS.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've never taken a selfie and never will.

I can see why a selfie stick might be a useful device, but only for very rare occasions. I say this having seen a number of selfie stick selfies which are the most pointless of photographs.

Using it with a GoPro is different and not at all bellendish.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I did see a girl the other day taking pics of the back of her head then looking at them to see what her hair looked like. FFS.

That made me laugh. I guess it can go too far. In the round though differences are good and this seems pretty innocent (btw I dont use facebook so perhaps avoid the horrors indicated by others). As long as they're not at an event like a game or a concert, that really annoys me. I see Arsenal and Spurs have banned them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here