Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Self Congratulary Clap Trap.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Jeez.

If you won the lottery you'd probably moan about how difficult it is to count all your millions.

We've just beaten the 2 teams from the 2019 Champions League final in the same week. Why can't we be happy?

What d'ye expect from someone from Cowfold?

It's a poor man's Hickstead isn't it? :)

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
The fickle circlejerk. Tbh keep up the results and I'll jump straight in.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
If you can meet with Leeds, Spurs, Liverpool, and WBA, Fulham, Burnley and treat those imposters just the same...

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Football fans should support the club nothing’s bigger than the club. Owners managers players all come and go,

I’m confused on here sometimes to what people are actually supporting many on here got far to carried away with Mr Poyet and looked how that ended, I can see people going down the same path with Potter.

Have a moan when things don’t go our way it’s normal behaviour and to be told your an idiot or a bad fan for not supporting the manager regardless is pathetic he might piss off in the summer for all we know.

There is a difference between having a moan and calling for a manager to be sacked. A big difference.

You might not be an idiot, but it is idiotic to be calling for a manager to be sacked when clear progress was being made, that we weren't actually dropping into the relegation zone, and performances were actually good for the most part.

Having a moan is normal behaviour, my feeling is calling for a sacking has a real negative impact on the club and team. If you're confused why people take issue with that, might need a bit of reflection on your part. As for Poyet, most of us trust TB for the hiring and firing. I feel we can have a bit of faith in him making the big calls.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If we lost to Burnley on Saturday, it really won't take away anything from impressive successive wins against Spurs and Liverpool.

Besides, which are we likely to remember more as the years go by? The win at Anfield or a defeat at Turf Moor?

Wednesday night should be permanently installed in the Brighton faithful's memory banks.

We'll still be talking about Albion's Anfield heroics in years to come.

All games are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Just one poster going ott all the time that bloody 150 posts a day all look at me Vagabond
The others are all like the anti potters just getting their views across but Vagabond is the first poster I have in ignore as I can’t be ****ed to read through his 150 posts of shit look at me I am a super fan bullshit every day

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Being a fan of a club is very different to being a fan of football. Being a fan of a club is an emotive experience so it is very likely you will see the exagerated highs and lows associated with emotion.

It is also an 'in the moment' situation where you need to celebrate while you can as things change quickly , season by season, game by game, goal by goal.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because football is just a game and we follow it for enjoyment, it's not life or death :) So it's fun when we play like this.

And the last two games has helped lift a year of doom and gloom for (nearly) every Brighton fan, who cares if some get carried away, my god we need some happiness in our lives at the moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

The official match threads just show how some people can cover the whole spectrum of emotions within a single-90-minute period (often less than that), so it's unsurprising that there is a fair amount of hyperbole around.

What I don't see the attraction of (and speaking as a permanent 'Potter IN') is the need to bounce threads and start ones talking about 'olive branches' offered to those who are/were Potter OUT. We get the message – and one group was always going to be proved right – but there isn't much purpose for crowing about it. Just like it wouldn't be from the other side if we went on a horrendous run and got relegated.

The knee-jerk reactions from both sides do my head in a little. The team is still a work in progress and I think – whichever side of the fence you're on – everyone needs to chill a bit. But, like you suggest, NSC wouldn't be NSC without it!

Well done Potter.
Well done team.
There's a long way to go.

One game at a time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These are days of all or nothing, black and white, right and wrong, left and right. Nuance and balance not so common, unfortunately.

Doesn't help that the 'Fence' option seems to have become an endangered species on polls recently. Hardly helpful in judging the mood of the crowd. It only encourages polarisation of views. Maybe that's the intention? ???

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Just one poster going ott all the time that bloody 150 posts a day all look at me Vagabond
The others are all like the anti potters just getting their views across but Vagabond is the first poster I have in ignore as I can’t be ****ed to read through his 150 posts of shit look at me I am a super fan bullshit every day

And we're back! That's the spirit:lolol:
This is what NSC is, lifes fantastic, we're fantastic, coo, purr....and then a STFU!
Always makes me giggle

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
NSC has been absolutely brilliant since we beat Liverpool.

All the negative, moany, miserable gloom and doom which was polluting thread after thread has been swept away.

:albion2:

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I guess some would prefer everyone to be miserable b’stards. “Manager out”, “board out”, “players out”, “not good enough”, “stupid lickers we’re going down”.

What’s wrong with enjoying and savouring a good moment for our club?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Yeah, let’s suck the joy out of beating Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool and get back to moaning about everything and everyone quickly, this should be coming to screen near you soon, quite possibly during and after the Burnley game :wink:

[emoji23]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

Playing in goal on Saturday

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Jeez.

We've just beaten the 2 teams from the 2019 Champions League final in the same week.
Why can't we be happy?

Jesus, that put's it into perspective :smile:

Who would of thought THAT on those rainy, miserable away days to northern outposts like Scunthorpe not so many years ago........

Been an amazing week to be a BHA fan. Correct to 'milk it'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here