Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seems that we are no longer under the radar - two players in the team of the season so far

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna be fighting all comers when The Duffman hangs up his boots and the mealy mouthed poisonous few, leach out of the woodwork with the sole intention to shit all over his time here.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I'm gonna be fighting all comers when The Duffman hangs up his boots and the mealy mouthed poisonous few, leach out of the woodwork with the sole intention to shit all over his time here.
One of my fav players gives everything on the pitch, no better sight from my seat in the North to see Duffy head the ball out of the south goal area time after time beautiful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Duffy & Lamptey in BBC website’s team of 2021/22 (so far)

Based on the bbc website’s match-day user votes:

B7509A24-0FCA-4A7B-B554-2A06FC72F777.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59903274

Shirley Albion fans only make up a tiny proportion of voters, so the general recognition given to Duffy and Lamptey is interesting and pleasing.

[Personally, I muck around when voting, giving every CP player a zero, if I chance upon one of their matches. But I assume that antic evens out across clubs/players, plus many people do it properly].

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
As has been said, this team is utterly pointless. It probably just means Brighton fans are more easy going / generous with their ratings than other clubs, and/or have less opposition fans who dislike us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes you have to doubt the credibility of a poll which includes no Man City players but its just an indicator that they have had good seasons and aren't as poor as some people think.

Duffy has had a very good season , certainly the start and has not been particularly bad in any game so pretty consistent . His distribution has improved as well. He has shone a little less brightly because BDB has been excellent in the last 4 games.

As soon as Lamptey plays the opposition have had to change style to deal and it would be very noticeable to people watching games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here