[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You think Potter wouldn't take the job if Spurs made an approach ?
I am not 100% convinced he would, although if he has the ambition and has proved beyond all doubt that he is a good coach by getting us well up the league table in a year's time, he might be a perfect fit for Spurs (or a bigger club) then.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I am not 100% convinced he would, although if he has the ambition and has proved beyond all doubt that he is a good coach by getting us well up the league table in a year's time, he might be a perfect fit for Spurs (or a bigger club) then.

Some managers who have big transfer pots at their disposal find it tough. Could GP make that sort of transition

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nope, dont think he would.

They're a club in strife who are in for a bumpy ride whoever they appoint, as anything other than Champions League football is now going to be perceived as going backwards. Fans expectations there have been raised following that 2019 final, probably to unrealistic levels as it was a freak they got that far. So I can see why Potter might view it as a poisoned chalice.

But then again, I think he's the type of manager who would relish a challenge and back himself to do well. Spurs are and will always be a much bigger club than BHA, and they'll be back on the European stage probably next season. I'd be surprised if he wasn't tempted by it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Likewise. I'm not convinced either way, as there are a lot of pluses and minuses from his point of view if he jumped from this relatively comfy, happy ship to sail off into the choppy waters of WHL.

His stock may never be higher and he may never get another opportunity like this though...(were it offered).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They're a club in strife who are in for a bumpy ride whoever they appoint, as anything other than Champions League football is now going to be perceived as going backwards. Fans expectations there have been raised following that 2019 final, probably to unrealistic levels as it was a freak they got that far. So I can see why Potter might view it as a poisoned chalice.

But then again, I think he's the type of manager who would relish a challenge and back himself to do well. Spurs are and will always be a much bigger club than BHA, and they'll be back on the European stage probably next season. I'd be surprised if he wasn't tempted by it.

I think it is like GP says, he much values the stability of TB, PB and DA. He wont give that up for a club with no direction or vision. Their appointment of Mourinho really said it all... something "sounds good" and they go for it, same thing on the transfer market. I dont think he is going anywhere for a long time to come.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Potter odds shortening, now just behind Inzaghi in second place. Betfred have both of them 3-1 joint favourite.

It's good to see Ten Haag leaping up to 4th favourite as some believe he's back in the mix.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The only thing in this story that does make me pause is the recent statement by Levy where he talks about the values he wants to build on with the next manager. If you read it, you have to say it sounds very Potter-esque.

However as said I get the feeling GP gets on very well with Tony, Paul and Dan. We’ve built an infrastructure that’s perfect for supporting him and we have a long term plan of which we’re still in the early stages. I also think he was quite taken aback by the love from the fans the other night.

Aside from Poch, Spurs is generally short term. Losing Kane would make this a potential Moyes to Utd situation and one wobbly season and he could be sacked.

Whereas here I think we could go down and the club would still back him.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I admire the romantic optimism buts let’s be real if Spurs properly came in and Graham we want you to be our manager he would drop us like a hot coal. You have to take these opportunities otherwise you will live a life full of regrets, managing BHA will always be a challenge with the budget restrictions, we are a stepping stone PL club and when the chances arrives to step off to bigger things you have to go.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I admire the romantic optimism buts let’s be real if Spurs properly came in and Graham we want you to be our manager he would drop us like a hot coal. You have to take these opportunities otherwise you will live a life full of regrets, managing BHA will always be a challenge with the budget restrictions, we are a stepping stone PL club and when the chances arrives to step off to bigger things you have to go.

Or not

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We might well find out over the next month or so.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The only thing in this story that does make me pause is the recent statement by Levy where he talks about the values he wants to build on with the next manager. If you read it, you have to say it sounds very Potter-esque.

However as said I get the feeling GP gets on very well with Tony, Paul and Dan. We’ve built an infrastructure that’s perfect for supporting him and we have a long term plan of which we’re still in the early stages. I also think he was quite taken aback by the love from the fans the other night.

Aside from Poch, Spurs is generally short term. Losing Kane would make this a potential Moyes to Utd situation and one wobbly season and he could be sacked.

Whereas here I think we could go down and the club would still back him.

Not read the statement but Potter should see right through it. Is Levy implying that Spurs will (try and) change its values? This can’t be just for the first team but has to run through the entire club - from the cleaners to the Boardroom - and could take years to embed.

The Albion already has the right culture and values (in principle) and we can rely on Bloom and Brighton to do the right thing. How can Levy say this for Spurs after the ESL debacle? Is he willing to change?

Stay where you are GP. There will be more opportunities and you will be given time at the Albion.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not read the statement but Potter should see right through it. Is Levy implying that Spurs will (try and) change its values? This can’t be just for the first team but has to run through the entire club - from the cleaners to the Boardroom - and could take years to embed.

The Albion already has the right culture and values (in principle) and we can rely on Bloom and Brighton to do the right thing. How can Levy say this for Spurs after the ESL debacle? Is he willing to change?

Stay where you are GP. There will be more opportunities and you will be given time at the Albion.

This is what Levy said. I still don’t think he’ll go. But it sure sounds a lot like a GP type:

We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove

Plus don't Spurs have a cheese room?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is what Levy said. I still don’t think he’ll go. But it sure sounds a lot like a GP type manager:

Thanks. His statement could relate to nearly every football club in the world, ie the aspiration

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports