Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seeing/meeting players

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Find out which hotel the players stay at for away games and hang out in the lobby in the morning.

We did this every year for Reading away in the Championship, my younger brothers have almost every signature from players 2014 - 2017 on their shirts. They went to the pre-season this year and managed to get some again.

Reading? . . . What are you doing on this site?. . . Away with you now! :wrong:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
quick update:

Wife and son stood outside the training ground from 1pm to 3.30pm and managed to get 18 players to sign a flag. The boy was made up. Everyone was lovely and happy to stop (accept Gilmour but he waved and it was his first day so let him off)

It only took so long as Welbeck likes a long shower allegedly and was the last out.

some decent motors by all accounts especially Sanchez.

So if any players read this thank you very much.

I love stories like this, get beyond club people shielding the players, Albion players give back to fans.

I think I’ve seen Sanchez leaving the players car park post match, in a vast Mercedes sports wagon.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I love stories like this, get beyond club people shielding the players, Albion players give back to fans.

I think I’ve seen Sanchez leaving the players car park post match, in a vast Mercedes sports wagon.

He’s probably got more than 1 car as I saw him at the weekend in something really different to that which had a very loud exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
During pre match warm up and after game West stand lower north stand end
Lad that’s comes in my minibus has had bissouma shirt Sanchez gloves
Plus a few other bits and bobs

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Used to see Sir Glenn regularly……..

…..before the court injunction. Not seen him once since

Jul 7, 2003
Tesco? driving that thing and with the money he earns he should be grocery shopping online at Fortnum's, Waitrose or M & S at the very least.

Or maybe Tesco just do a good paella.

My son has seen him in M&S rather than Tesco at Holmbush so maybe he doesn't go to the other side of the shopping complex.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ive seen multiple players around over the years:

Glenn Murray, Bennett and a few other first teamers at the time, I remember telling Glenn he was class and we (My friends) Thought him as the League 1 Berbatov. Everyone found it quite funny apart from Glenn who seemed a bit shy.

Been in plenty of Bars with Duffy, Dunk Knockers over the years and not said a word, let them get on with their day.

Recently saw Lallana, Gross and Steele up at West Hove golf club.

My biggest regret however was I was out in the Wick in Hove and Calde and Vicente walked in and had a quite drink at the bar, not one person in the Pub had a clue who they both were, I wish I had asked for a picture that night however I'm sure they were much more appreciative of the knowing look and Nod I gave than making a big fuss.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
He’s probably got more than 1 car as I saw him at the weekend in something really different to that which had a very loud exhaust!

he has a custom Lambo Urus (4x4 rather than sports car) its a bit special and does indeed has a loud exhaust

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't want to come across as a potential stalker but.....

My 8 year old football mad son would love to see some of the players, whats the best way to get up close?

He's been to matches and we've tried to get near the pitch, even the pre-season friendly we hoped there would be less people and we could get near but the steward was less friendly.

if we were to go to the training ground, can you get anywhere close?

He only wants to wave and say hello, maybe a quick photo etc not get a shirt or ask for tickets etc.

hes met Gully but thought he was shithouse

It's an interesting point you raise and other than hanging around for players to leave the AMEX post-match I can't really help.

Why I find it interesting is that post the European Champion's WC qualifier at Stoke last night, the players stayed for some considerable while after the final whistle. They walked round the ground signing shirts & flags and doing selfies on request.

Just puts in contrast how much more accessible and approachable women players are than the men.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My biggest regret however was I was out in the Wick in Hove and Calde and Vicente walked in and had a quite drink at the bar, not one person in the Pub had a clue who they both were, I wish I had asked for a picture that night however I'm sure they were much more appreciative of the knowing look and Nod I gave than making a big fuss.

I didn't think they served Estrella on tap back in those days? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here