Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Second Ashes Test Australia vs England Adelaide 2nd-6th December 2017

Dec 29, 2011
Bit of fight being shown today. Much better.

280ish to get, eight wickets left. Just break it down into 28 lots of 10 runs.....no problem....:lolol:

One person hits a century and it could be interesting. Stranger things have happened. Could this be the game to catapult us to great things in the next few weeks?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Realistically, England need these two to stay in until stumps to have any sort of chance. I don't think it'll happen, as Lyon in particular is looking very dangerous.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Phew... Root gets a life with an LBW review... given out to Lyon, but it's going over.

But the Aussies are chirping :nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Phew... Root gets a life with an LBW review... given out to Lyon, but it's going over.

But the Aussies are chirping :nono:

Have to say some of these reviews look very odd. I've wrongly called about five now and I'm not alone. Is the system working properly. Don't normally notice an issue but it seems to be interpreting the bounce in a very odd way.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Have to say some of these reviews look very odd. I've wrongly called about five now and I'm not alone. Is the system working properly. Don't normally notice an issue but it seems to be interpreting the bounce in a very odd way.

Those two failed reviews looked absolutely fine to me... both clearly going over even on first viewing for me.

That second one pitched just over halfway down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blown their two reviews... ridiculous captaincy :laugh:
This.

Those two failed reviews looked absolutely fine to me... both clearly going over even on first viewing for me.

That second one pitched just over halfway down.
And this.

If Australia contrive to lose this match (still a medium-to-big sized IF), his captaincy is going to be called into question. Actually, he's going to be absolutely slaughtered in the press.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This.

And this.

If Australia contrive to lose this match (still a medium-to-big sized IF), his captaincy is going to be called into question. Actually, he's going to be absolutely slaughtered in the press.

and now he had dropped Malan :laugh:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we can hang in there for another 16 overs we have a fighting chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
151/3 now and England are as short as they have ever been to win this match on Betfair (3.6 - around 5/2)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
151/3 now and England are as short as they have ever been to win this match on Betfair (3.6 - around 5/2)

Bookies are pussies sometimes. How are the odds that short on a result that would be a record chase in the entire history of tests, for a side away from home still with 12 overs and another evening session to come with only 7 wickets left.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bookies are pussies sometimes. How are the odds that short on a result that would be a record chase in the entire history of tests, for a side away from home still with 12 overs and another evening session to come with only 7 wickets left.

It's not the bookies - it's an exchange, a perfect market. The Betfair exchange is incredibly efficient.

Edit: and if England are to win this, they'll not need tomorrow's evening session.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is Betfair, not a bookie. Those are the odds as the market perceives them, not what a bookie is offering.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is Betfair, not a bookie. Those are the odds as the market perceives them, not what a bookie is offering.

I know, but isn't there data based on what all the bookies are offering?

*scrap that, I see [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has also explained. I'm not a betting man you see...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here