Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second accounts...

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Just out of curiosity, if mods know that the same person is using multiple accounts, why let them get away with it?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I have met both Beach Hut and US :-/

image.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just out of curiosity, if mods know that the same person is using multiple accounts, why let them get away with it?

There are four types of 'second account', I think.

1. 'Spoofs' not too fussed about these. Some are even quite funny. These are tolerated, so long as they are not abusive, or designed to attack another specific poster.

2. 'New' accounts, rather than 'second' accounts. Sometimes posters stop posting under one name, and start a new account under a different one, for whatever reason. In fact there is a poster on this very thread, who posted for a long time under a different name, before stopping. This isn't really any issue either. Don't really see the point myself, but its doing no harm. 'Big belly' > 'Footsoldier' would have been in this category, if it were not for all the lying as the former.

3. 'Banned Users' People who have been banned, starting new accounts. this is pretty difficult to police, and frankly, so long as the person tempers the behaviour that caused their original account to be banned in the first place, we tend to be quite forgiving. Sadly though, they mostly carry on acting like dicks and get banned again soon enough anyway.

4. 'Concurrent' second accounts, where the poster is posting regularly with both, supporting arguments, etc. Apart from being absolutely plain weird, it is deceitful, and is not tolerated. When this comes to light, one of the accounts is banned, and all the posts previously made are merged into the one remaining account.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

1. 'Spoofs' not too fussed about these. Some are even quite funny. These are tolerated, so long as they are not abusive, or designed to attack another specific poster.

2. 'New' accounts, rather than 'second' accounts. Sometimes posters stop posting under one name, and start a new account under a different one, for whatever reason. In fact there is a poster on this very thread, who posted for a long time under a different name, before stopping. This isn't really any issue either. Don't really see the point myself, but its doing no harm. 'Big belly' > 'Footsoldier' would have been in this category, if it were not for all the lying as the former.

3. 'Banned Users' People who have been banned, starting new accounts. this is pretty difficult to police, and frankly, so long as the person tempers the behaviour that caused their original account to be banned in the first place, we tend to be quite forgiving. Sadly though, they mostly carry on acting like dicks and get banned again soon enough anyway.

4. 'Concurrent' second accounts, where the poster is posting regularly with both, supporting arguments, etc. Apart from being absolutely plain weird, it is deceitful, and is not tolerated. When this comes to light, one of the accounts is banned, and all the posts previously made are merged into the one remaining account.

You forgot that for 4. The thread is also moved to NSC Gold so that everyone can laugh at HB&B

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Second accounts being complained about by of all people...the Moderators.

You couldn't make up...unbelievable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Second accounts being complained about by of all people...the Moderators.

You couldn't make up...unbelievable.

1. Where are we complaining?

2. Why, if we were, would that be 'unbelievable'?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to do that Hans.

Agreed, they can be funny.

I know this is true, i was unable to log on for some reason, and after spending a couple of hours trying to sort it out, Bozza gave up and told me to start again with a new account so it can happen.

Ha ha, how true.

That is good to know, it's these last accounts that are just wrong. If you need to get your other account to back up your debating point, you are probably not winning the argument.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here