Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sebastien Pocognoci signs on a season long loan deal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was suggested in many nationals but said he wanted to stay at WBA and fight for a place. That was probably due to his high wages and this is possibly a re hash of those stories with the Pulis saying the same and the same end result.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's a very good attacking left back. I suspect the wages would be a problem and the drop in divisions. Plus, he's basically not played for WBA for 2 years, so if he was that worried about first team football over money, you'd have assumed he'd already have moved on this summer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wages much too high.

NB: Brendan Galloway playing well for WBA.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't want to act as an NSC rule-setter but could we at least have the source for threads like this - nobody has mentioned it anywhere..? I know it's subsequently appeared in the Argus but where did the original post / rumour come from pls? Thanks (also helps to know which 'twitter accounts' are more accurate with their info, assuming it came from there?)

Also, I notice The Argus claim we were linked 'earlier in the window'. From what I've seen, that isn't the case. We were linked 1 year ago with him - not this window? (Yesterday is first mention I'd seen anywhere - HITC - maybe that's where OP got this from?!)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Don't want to act as an NSC rule-setter but could we at least have the source for threads like this - nobody has mentioned it anywhere..? I know it's subsequently appeared in the Argus but where did the original post / rumour come from pls? Thanks (also helps to know which 'twitter accounts' are more accurate with their info, assuming it came from there?)

Also, I notice The Argus claim we were linked 'earlier in the window'. From what I've seen, that isn't the case. We were linked 1 year ago with him - not this window? (Yesterday is first mention I'd seen anywhere - HITC - maybe that's where OP got this from?!)

It came from EFL Championship alert

EFLChampAlert ‏@EFLChampAlert 3h3 hours ago
Sébastien Pocognoli has been given the green light from West Brom to join Brighton on loan for the season. #bhafc

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

EFLChampAlert on twitter

Sébastien Pocognoli has been given the green light from West Brom to join Brighton on loan for the season. #bhafc https://t.co/Y4AXTlCBEH

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

HITC is particularly naff. The pinch fabrications from other sources.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It wouldn't be an Albion season without a loan left-back, so it would be good to get this one knocked off now.

My intuition says I'm a bit dubious. Never seen him play though. Never even heard of it until it came up last season. I think the wages would be too much of a problem as well. How can ee pay him more than first team regualrs and the core players?

I think left back is important though against conventional right wingers. The obvious choice would be a younger player (same would have applied to de Laet). If he was any good surely, Norwich, Villa, Newcastle would be chasing him?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hopefully this is true. Having only Rosenior, Bong and Bruno (especially with how out of form Bong has been so far) would be dangerous. Also, unlike last November where it was just for 6 weeks, this is now for 4 months so further depth makes sense.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So, does the loan window shut at the same time as the transfer window?

I am pretty sure it used to close for a week and then reopen for a bit? I know they have got rid of emergency loans but not sure when that ends

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, does the loan window shut at the same time as the transfer window?

I am pretty sure it used to close for a week and then reopen for a bit? I know they have got rid of emergency loans but not sure when that ends
There is no loan window at all. All loans have to be signed within the next 33 hours.

Once this transfer window shuts tomorrow, only free agents can be signed before January 1st.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He used to be good so hope he can be here. Must spell the end of first team hopes for the Canadian lad. his loan would seem a bit pointless if this is happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here