Seb Carole to get weekly rolling contract...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Jesus Christ.

He must be one hell of a trainer..... He was pretty wank the first time and even worse the second time.

"pretty wank the first time"?! did u watch us back then? he was one of our better players 1st time around. if he can play to that standard again, him & bennett down the wings - swapping around from left to right, could be very dangerous for opposition defences. even if he's only used as backup, we've got nothing to lose on a week to week deal...

no lose for us - sorry everyone who's looking to jump on the 1st mistake any of our managers make. get behind the team & the manager.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
But this does lead me to believe that Bennett will not be with us come Febuary 1st

If that is the case, then i for one will be very, VERY, worried about the rest of the season. The main creative source behind most of our goals, and someone said yesterday has one of the most assists in league 1. If he leaves, the service for the front two will be extremely limited!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We need a left winger, so why not get this man back:

2535266945_small_1.jpg

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On his day can certainly do a job and i think poyet knows that, a week by week contract should encourage carole to really play at his best every game. Poyet clearly isnt too worried about the wage bill either

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"pretty wank the first time"?! did u watch us back then? he was one of our better players 1st time around. if he can play to that standard again, him & bennett down the wings - swapping around from left to right, could be very dangerous for opposition defences. even if he's only used as backup, we've got nothing to lose on a week to week deal...

no lose for us - sorry everyone who's looking to jump on the 1st mistake any of our managers make. get behind the team & the manager.

Yes thanks. Went to pretty much all the gmes home and away. Beating the same man 3 times then doing nothing is a good way to fool idiots

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe just maybe Poyet has not identified a left sided player yet and feels Bennett can do a job there and Carole has come on a very short term deal to play on the right and earn himself a longer contract. Or maybe he is a cheap backup to Bennett. People do like a good moan though

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Going down going down going down,
GOING DOWN.

Boring boring boring boring boring boring
BORING BORING

:yawn:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
As an extra squad player on a week to week basis we cannot lose.....

I am sure GP has his targets and is keeping things V close to his chest...I suppose we have to wait and see what other big business he does as so far evrythng is short term...I thnk a couple of high profile money signings will be next...CB/LM.. (here is hoping anyway)

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Exactly. I get no joy out of saying it, but we've got a shocking team in need of 3 or 4 quality players just to stay up. Gus said he'd have played in right at the start of January. "If I'm still looking for players at the end of January then I've failed", were his words. And we're 1/3 of the way through the month and we've got NOTHING. Well, nothing that will help us stay up.

This window is our one big get out of jail card and if we don't use it by throwing some money about then it's league two next year. I've got absolutely NO doubt about it.

Agreed. Although Id love Poyet to start building a team for promotion next year, we need a team to guarantee survival now.
Carole isn't good enough for league one but even if he was, he is NOT a player you want in a relegation battle. Slade sussed that out very earlier into his reign last season.
The first sign to me that Poyet may not be the saviour most of us thought he could be :(

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Exactly. I get no joy out of saying it, but we've got a shocking team in need of 3 or 4 quality players just to stay up. Gus said he'd have played in right at the start of January. "If I'm still looking for players at the end of January then I've failed", were his words. And we're 1/3 of the way through the month and we've got NOTHING. Well, nothing that will help us stay up.

This window is our one big get out of jail card and if we don't use it by throwing some money about then it's league two next year. I've got absolutely NO doubt about it.

Agree with you and HarryNt, i too hate to be negative, and very rarely am, but the players brought in dont appear to be improving the squad, they are what appears fringe players. We have justed signed a right back in Calderon, and now it looks as thought Hoyte is to resign on loan for the rest of the season, and we still have whing! I dont expect massive changes because its january, and most clubs dont want to sell, but other clubs have brought in some decent players. I still expect big changes to come more in the summer, when you look at who Huddersfield, Norwich and Colchester are bringing in, thats what needs to be done here. But i was expecting these early signings that were promised to be slightly more encouraging.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I will NEVER forget the way he played at MK Dons last season. Absolute shithouse.

Hopefully he gets a chance to prove something, but I really can't see the point in this.

HarryNT

Kele is God
Dec 15, 2009
Agree with you and HarryNt, i too hate to be negative, and very rarely am, but the players brought in dont appear to be improving the squad, they are what appears fringe players. We have justed signed a right back in Calderon, and now it looks as thought Hoyte is to resign on loan for the rest of the season, and we still have whing! I dont expect massive changes because its january, and most clubs dont want to sell, but other clubs have brought in some decent players. I still expect big changes to come more in the summer, when you look at who Huddersfield, Norwich and Colchester are bringing in, thats what needs to be done here. But i was expecting these early signings that were promised to be slightly more encouraging.

Completely agree with you. How can a player that was not good enough a year ago to even make the bench by the end of the season suddenly be good enough for a team looking to go places. He has only played a handful of games since last year for Tranmere.
Cox isn't good enough yet I still rate Cox higher than Carole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports