[Albion] Seat Numbering

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Out of interest, does anyone else’s Season Ticket keep updating, say 3 or 4 times a day? I was wondering if that was something to do with the club recalibrating the seats/numbers?

Yes mine does as well

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Out of interest, does anyone else’s Season Ticket keep updating, say 3 or 4 times a day? I was wondering if that was something to do with the club recalibrating the seats/numbers?

On another thread, a few people have mentioned that issue? Let me guess, you are using Apple Pay? It seems to be a problem with Apple Wallet as no-one using Android has mentioned it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mine does this. It started almost the minute I first downloaded it….when I presume the club were blissfully unaware of the seating cockup.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Open your Apple Wallet, get the season ticket up, press the button with 3 dots in top right corner and turn off notifications.

Very much doubt it has anything to do with seat numbering and more just some sort of glitch in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seats aside, I wasn’t at the game on Saturday but I have been informed the club have now done away with table service. First it was the hostesses, then the tea, never the coat rail, and now this.

What gives?

We had table service.

Mind you, we were in HB’s, so there’s that…

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
this thread (like a lot of others !)seems to have drifted off subject somewhat
but going back i cannot quite understand that it seems so few are concerned about the bunching up of seats and loss of room
maybe its just me and an age thing ?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
this thread (like a lot of others !)seems to have drifted off subject somewhat
but going back i cannot quite understand that it seems so few are concerned about the bunching up of seats and loss of room
maybe its just me and an age thing ?

I imagine it’s more a case that we all feel entirely powerless about it and don’t feel like there is anything to be done other than suck it up unfortunately.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I imagine it’s more a case that we all feel entirely powerless about it and don’t feel like there is anything to be done other than suck it up unfortunately.

Also not something the club have mentioned and were hoping 'customers' wouldn't notice. If TB was a foot taller and ate more Piglet's Pies, he might have more sympathy for the need for space:lolol:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Also not something the club have mentioned and were hoping 'customers' wouldn't notice. If TB was a foot taller and ate more Piglet's Pies, he might have more sympathy for the need for space:lolol:

Agree. Would’ve been nice to have been told. Was sat in the stadium nice and early, thinking I must just be ‘imagining it’ and ‘I shouldn’t have bought that pie.’ Then the seats around us started to fill up with grown men, having achieved puberty and more and more people started to come to the same realisation as we each squeezed into our seats. It was pretty much all that was talked about before the game started. No one was very happy about it at all and yet on here crickets.

In our row in ESU I am not exaggerating, on both my left side and right full body contact. It’s a squeeze. We’re now like sardines. Really affected my enjoyment of the game. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if our particular row hasn’t been spaced evenly and we’ve caught the brunt of it perhaps. Maybe it is worth an enquiry.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree. Would’ve been nice to have been told. Was sat in the stadium nice and early, thinking I must just be ‘imagining it’ and ‘I shouldn’t have bought that pie.’ Then the seats around us started to fill up with grown men, having achieved puberty and more and more people started to come to the same realisation as we each squeezed into our seats. It was pretty much all that was talked about before the game started. No one was very happy about it at all and yet on here crickets.

In our row in ESU I am not exaggerating, on both my left side and right full body contact. It’s a squeeze. We’re now like sardines. Really effected my enjoyment of the game. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if our particular row hasn’t been spaced evenly and we’ve caught the brunt of it perhaps. Maybe it is worth an enquiry.

Be interesting to get a reply from the club about this issue. I imagine it will be along the lines of how the club conform to minimum requirements etc.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

In our row in ESU I am not exaggerating, on both my left side and right full body contact. It’s a squeeze. We’re now like sardines. Really effected my enjoyment of the game. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if our particular row hasn’t been spaced evenly and we’ve caught the brunt of it perhaps. Maybe it is worth an enquiry.

this is it exactly ! no consultation just fait accompli .i did a quick calculation based on the fact i know exactly how far my seat has moved due to a distinctive mark in the concrete and i estimate that each seat used to have a 2 inch gap each side - now nothing at all and as you say contact with each other .
as i said in a previous post i feel really sorry for our larger brethren as uncomfortable as i am they and their neighbours must be more so
furthermore if more people return to amex the situation will only worsen !
i wonder if anybody bothered to move some seats on a trial and then sit in them as a group for a while or whether it was all discussed and enacted in a meeting.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

In our row in ESU I am not exaggerating, on both my left side and right full body contact. It’s a squeeze. We’re now like sardines. Really affected my enjoyment of the game. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if our particular row hasn’t been spaced evenly and we’ve caught the brunt of it perhaps. Maybe it is worth an enquiry.

The reason the club didn't tell you is because they knew what your reaction was likely to be! We should have known this was likely to happen anyway, as we have known for some time that the capacity has been increased, yet the size of the stadium has remained the same, so how else were they going to achieve ikt, other than to squeeze more seats into the existing space!

Maybe l am one of the lucky STH'S, my seat in W1G retains the same number and is in exactly the same position, so thankfully l am unaffected.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
The reason the club didn't tell you is because they knew what your reaction was likely to be! We should have known this was likely to happen anyway, as we have known for some time that the capacity has been increased, yet the size of the stadium has remained the same, so how else were they going to achieve ikt, other than to squeeze more seats into the existing space!

Maybe l am one of the lucky STH'S, my seat in W1G retains the same number and is in exactly the same position, so thankfully l am unaffected.

The only gripe I have is that when the Amex opened Tony Bloom said along the lines that it would be the best stadium experience. Comfy seats, more room between seats etc.
I recall they even changed the barriers at the bottoms of steps to improve the view of those sitting by them.

Now it is a case of squeezing every last penny from us or squeezing more in.

So yes it would have been nice for the Club to explain that things have now changed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Seems in the lower west the additional seats are at the end of the row, with narrower gangways. The space around the seats is the same.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seems in the lower west the additional seats are at the end of the row, with narrower gangways. The space around the seats is the same.

Well my row, R, in the West Lower, is partly taken up by the front row of seats in the 1901 section, so maybe they just didn't, (thankfully), have enough additional space to start adding additional seats.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So i did contact the club regarding the seat spacing and have received a reply :-
They start by confirming what we already know that they have indeed bunched seats up and added extras in middle of rows .They then have offered to move me if i so desire suggesting that although the upper west spacing is now all much the same the lower west side sections are a little wider spaced . They then apologise for any discomfort before assuring that all calculations were passed by local authority both in regard to the seating and the effect on the use of stand facilities - concourse,toilets etc
so pretty much as herr tubthumper suggested .My quandary now is to move or not to move ? frying pan and fire come to mind and who is to say that if i do move to more space how long it will last . advice and / or witty comments welcome !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports