Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
555kaz said:
It's not the price of the season ticket that annnoys me, the price would have to go up an awful lot to stop me going. The thing that irritates me is the fact that the times of renewell (spelling?) change each year and yet you only have about 2 weeks to find £4/500. I certainly dont have that much laying around just after christmas, so always miss out on the cheaper rate, could be cynical but is this what the club want? As I say would be nice to have 4 weeks say to find the money.

Which is why I use a credit card and pay it off over 3 months. It still works out less than the full price even with interest.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Don't forget those who pay council tax and water rates by direct debit have two free months in Feb and March, which helps.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yorkie said:
Which is why I use a credit card and pay it off over 3 months. It still works out less than the full price even with interest.

Does it really work out that much cheaper? Have resisted temptation to use credit cards in past as got myself stupidly into debt when I was younger but maybe the time is right to take the plunge

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Tom Hark said:
It'll only be a rip-off if they follow the same early season ticket renewal path at Falmer. At withdean, it's essential for the club's survival. IMHO like.

You know they will though.
The cost of Falmer will be justification alone to get as much money up front as they can.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
555kaz said:
Does it really work out that much cheaper? Have resisted temptation to use credit cards in past as got myself stupidly into debt when I was younger but maybe the time is right to take the plunge

It depends which card you have and tomake sure you pay it off fairly quickly. You could even split it over two months. You have the initial 5 weeks before the statement comes out if you time it right.
I had a Skint card from the previus club card. This has now become a BHA card (I know the club are still doing a deal with new ones) so the club gets something like 0.2% on my purchases anyway.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
I dont think its so much that the club is ripping people off, but the fact that football in general is a rip-off. With other clubs charging expensive prices we have to follow suit to keep up, especially at the Withdean, with the limited capacity. We are by no means the most expensive in the Championship, but are prices still seem very high.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Yorkie said:
It depends which card you have and tomake sure you pay it off fairly quickly. You could even split it over two months. You have the initial 5 weeks before the statement comes out if you time it right.
I had a Skint card from the previus club card. This has now become a BHA card (I know the club are still doing a deal with new ones) so the club gets something like 0.2% on my purchases anyway.

Cheers shall look into that tomorrow :thumbsup:
Can I do by contacting the club or is there a specific bank?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Withdean Wanderer said:
We don't know which division we are going to be in yet! If we are playing in League1 after two years of Championship football, i fear a lot of people will lose interest -

This happens every year we are not sure until the very last moment. It would be a great achievment if we could order our season tickets in Feb/march knowing that we wouldn't be getting relegated but then I think that day is a long way off.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
They won't put it up next year, I'm pretty certain of that. The number of people who won't renew if they do would'nt make financial sence. The number of games this season that havent officially sold out must be an indication to the club that they should'nt raise them again.

Better to have a full stadium in my opinion with cheaper tickets than to over price them and see empty seats.

One other suggestion :

As many people find it hard to stump up the equivalent of £23.50 to see us play, why don't the club have the 1 stand behind the East End (formerly the away end) as a reduced price area ? The views from here are not so good, and if say they charged £15 for adults and £7.50 for kids I'm pretty certain it would sell out every week. Also it provides a small number of seats each game to those who genuinely find it hard to pay the existing prices ? Only a thought. What do you think ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
southstandandy said:
They won't put it up next year, I'm pretty certain of that. The number of people who won't renew if they do would'nt make financial sence. The number of games this season that havent officially sold out must be an indication to the club that they should'nt raise them again.

Better to have a full stadium in my opinion with cheaper tickets than to over price them and see empty seats.

One other suggestion :

As many people find it hard to stump up the equivalent of £23.50 to see us play, why don't the club have the 1 stand behind the East End (formerly the away end) as a reduced price area ? The views from here are not so good, and if say they charged £15 for adults and £7.50 for kids I'm pretty certain it would sell out every week. Also it provides a small number of seats each game to those who genuinely find it hard to pay the existing prices ? Only a thought. What do you think ?

Good idea. The cheapskate stand.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
That's what Beach Hut is doing with his block bookings of over a hundred a time. The kids football teams are coming in, in droves, and making the fans of the future.

I reckon Beach Hut should be put in charge of marketing tickets.

Jul 7, 2003
Putting aside the cost and not knowing which division we are going to play in, there is one thing that the club could do to make it easier for some fans.

Get rid of the surcharge to pay over three months. Other clubs manage to offer this without charging fans extra for the priviledge. Whilst you could use credit cards, not everyone can do this.

For the reletively small amount of money this surcharge must bring in, it would be a nice gesture to the loyal fans to give us the option of three 'interest free' payments.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Putting aside the cost and not knowing which division we are going to play in, there is one thing that the club could do to make it easier for some fans.

Get rid of the surcharge to pay over three months. Other clubs manage to offer this without charging fans extra for the priviledge. Whilst you could use credit cards, not everyone can do this.

For the reletively small amount of money this surcharge must bring in, it would be a nice gesture to the loyal fans to give us the option of three 'interest free' payments.

Mt brother pays by credit card and says he would rather give the interest to Barclaycard than be forced to pay extra by BHA for paying by instalments.

It is only in the last couple of seasons that he club have charged extra for paying by instalments.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie said:
That's what Beach Hut is doing with his block bookings of over a hundred a time. The kids football teams are coming in, in droves, and making the fans of the future.

I reckon Beach Hut should be put in charge of marketing tickets.

Fans of the future - it's great and all, but what about the fans of the present:wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
BensGrandad said:
Nobody cares you are already hooked.

And that is the problem with being a football fan, it is like a drug. Price Inelastic, as they say in Economics, which means that whatever the club charge we keep coming back:nono:

Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Mt brother pays by credit card and says he would rather give the interest to Barclaycard than be forced to pay extra by BHA for paying by instalments.

It is only in the last couple of seasons that he club have charged extra for paying by instalments.

I'm exactly the same - all the surcharge does is cause resentment.

I'd also be pleased to receive a straightforward renewal letter without the whining, pleading letter from DK and MP that comes as standard these days. We all know the situation by now and it doesn't make any difference to the decision whether to renew or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here