Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season tickets/ loyalty points

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
....but of that carries on, people who go to loads of away games will never be able to compete with someone who has a season ticket and cherry picks the odd plumb away game. Not that I'm affected, but there are some very loyal travelling fans who live away from Brighton and would be at a serious disadvantage.

Yes those fans could be classed as very loyal, but actually contribute very little into the club cashwise. Therefore why should a fan who does nothing to pay the wages of the players get equal or higher preference for big games, especially at home.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surely when you get a season ticket, you get 1000 points. Then usual points for cups/away etc. When you don't renew season ticket, 1000 points go away. Sounds pretty fair to me

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
....but of that carries on, people who go to loads of away games will never be able to compete with someone who has a season ticket and cherry picks the odd plumb away game. Not that I'm affected, but there are some very loyal travelling fans who live away from Brighton and would be at a serious disadvantage.
Look, I've seen away tickets going only to STH with 3,000 loyalty points. How the feck do they get 3,000 if they don't get 1,000 a year?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Look, I've seen away tickets going only to STH with 3,000 loyalty points. How the feck do they get 3,000 if they don't get 1,000 a year?

No idea. I thought everyone started with 1,000 for a season ticket last year, with extra if you were a Withdean STH and if you were 1901. Then it was down to getting to home cup games and any away games to build on the total. I'm not sure of the allocations but I can't see how anyone would have got that high :shrug:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

Nobody got that high. Palace away was the obvious sell out and they started at around 1500 I think, dropping 10 points every other day. Wasn't it 1000 for STH, 250 for 1901 and 100 for Withdean STH, total of 1350? I'm sure it was around this somewhere and then extra 20 points for home cup games and 10 points for aways. I currently have 1160 points, I would suspect that will remain and a new STH, like my daughter, will start at 1000. However, she has 120 from last season, so hopefully will have 1120 by the time the Chelsea tickets go on sale. I suppose it all depends on when they update the system with the new STH points.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

No you haven't. Will probably get an extra 50 points or something for being a 2 year ST holder.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely when you get a season ticket, you get 1000 points. Then usual points for cups/away etc. When you don't renew season ticket, 1000 points go away. Sounds pretty fair to me

If that happened a STH for 10 years, who also went to every home cup game would have the same points a somebody who ONLY went to every home cup game for 10 years and then became a STH. That 10 year STH might have contributed between £5,000 to £7,000 more but end up on the same points.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
Previous season ticket holders should keep the points accrued from that season, when the new season comes renewed tickets should be awarded 230 points (10 points for league games)

New season ticket holders should get the 1000 and keep there points tally from the previous season, then from after the current season, they have the opportunity to catch up by attending which ever games they can

If previous STH don't get extra points that would be a nightmare come ticket sale dates (only way I can see it working
IMO)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If that happened a STH for 10 years, who also went to every home cup game would have the same points a somebody who ONLY went to every home cup game for 10 years and then became a STH. That 10 year STH might have contributed between £5,000 to £7,000 more but end up on the same points.

how likely is that to happen though?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I hope we do get points for renewing, bit unfair that someone who for example went to 1 game last season and got a season ticket this season would be on more points than someone who had season ticket last season and this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here