Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

season ticket

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
I have applied for a season ticket next season after 4 years away from being outpriced by the club (hopefully!). when i turned 16 i could not afford an adult ticket and had to settle for the odd eve game n sat when i either skived off or managed to get hols. now at uni in bristol i cant afford financially or for my work to go hardly ever.

next year on my industrial placement i will be able to go but only if the club allow me to get a u21 ticket, as i turn 21 in october. they allowed this on my last season as a season ticket holder and dont see any reason why they wouldnt. but was told they are reviewing the situation and i may have to pay adult price from october, which i cant afford having a bulging student-i-fied overdraft. I am a loyal seagull and have been overpriced and swindled out of this club enough. enough is enough. the prem has already lost its soul, lets not lose ours, or im off to priory next season, and wont return for falmer! Am i right to be so disgusted? or am i overreacting? i would like to hear your views....serious or not

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My honest view would be that if you want to express a serious point of view, taking the time and trouble to use proper punctuation would help greatly.

As it is, I got fed up halfway through and didn't bother to finish reading your post. Maybe others will have persevered?

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
My honest view would be that if you want to express a serious point of view, taking the time and trouble to use proper punctuation would help greatly.

As it is, I got fed up halfway through and didn't bother to finish reading your post. Maybe others will have persevered?

appologise for my dyslexia

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I was referring to the punctuation / capitalisation, as opposed to spelling.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I have applied for a season ticket next season after 4 years away from being outpriced by the club (hopefully!). when i turned 16 i could not afford an adult ticket and had to settle for the odd eve game n sat when i either skived off or managed to get hols. now at uni in bristol i cant afford financially or for my work to go hardly ever.

next year on my industrial placement i will be able to go but only if the club allow me to get a u21 ticket, as i turn 21 in october. they allowed this on my last season as a season ticket holder and dont see any reason why they wouldnt. but was told they are reviewing the situation and i may have to pay adult price from october, which i cant afford having a bulging student-i-fied overdraft. I am a loyal seagull and have been overpriced and swindled out of this club enough. enough is enough. the prem has already lost its soul, lets not lose ours, or im off to priory next season, and wont return for falmer! Am i right to be so disgusted? or am i overreacting? i would like to hear your views....serious or not

So hang on, I don't understand your complaint, is it that you ae turning 21 half way through the season, so they're making you pay for an adult ticket?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
indeed that is my complaint sorry if not clear

It was just very wordy that's all!! Too much for my brain to cope with at the moment!!

It is a bit mean I agree with you, you should be allowed to pay for an under 21 season ticket if you're 21 after the season starts, i'd imagine they would do that with other tickets (such as the "pensioners" season ticket).

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
It was just very wordy that's all!! Too much for my brain to cope with at the moment!!

It is a bit mean I agree with you, you should be allowed to pay for an under 21 season ticket if you're 21 after the season starts, i'd imagine they would do that with other tickets (such as the "pensioners" season ticket).

indeed, well with us looking like spending our 3rd consecutive season in league 1 wud be stupid 4 them 2 reject it

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I was told that as long as you are under 21 when the season starts then that's the price you have to pay for the whole season. Not X% U-21 price and X% at Adult prices.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The way I understand it having spoken to ticket office is that it works on a pro rata basis.

For instance, if you turn 21 mid way through the season, the cost of the season ticket is calculated at under 21 rate until your 21st birthday and then adult rate there after.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The way I understand it having spoken to ticket office is that it works on a pro rata basis.

For instance, if you turn 21 mid way through the season, the cost of the season ticket is calculated at under 21 rate until your 21st birthday and then adult rate there after.

Well that's a bloody joke if they are going to do that. NO mention on their website or on the season ticket application. Might have to seriously consider whether to get one if they are going to do that.
I would speak to the ticket office about it but despite opening hours being 10-5 they are currently "closed" (as of 10:40am).
Tempted just to send them a cheque, if they cash it, great that's that. If not then the club can expect a bollocking just for providing absolutely NO information with regards to it. I shouldn't have to find this information out from NSC and I shouldn't HAVE to phone up the ticket office either. That's why they provide forms to download and print, then send off in the post.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

That just HAS to be wrong. The season ticket price is set according to the age at the date of purchase. It has to be. The fixtures don't even come out till June, so how the hell would they know right now how to "pro rata" the remaining ticket prices, when they don't know how many home games would be left after the STH's birthday ?

Nonsense. The price stands according to your age at the date of purchase.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
That just HAS to be wrong. The season ticket price is set according to the age at the date of purchase. It has to be. The fixtures don't even come out till June, so how the hell would they know right now how to "pro rata" the remaining ticket prices, when they don't know how many home games would be left after the STH's birthday ?

The same thought occurred to me too (fixtures that is). I am still trying to get through to the ticket office but it's 11:27am and they are still closed :glare:
However considering there is nothing with regards to this on their website I would have though if you turn 21 half way through the season you just pay for a whole season @ U21 prices.
HOWEVER, if you buy a 2 year season ticket you have to buy the ticket pro-rata (1 season @ U21 and 1 season @ Adult).

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing

Hadn't thought about it like that but yes, that is a good vaild point.
It was a good month ago I phoned the office, just on behalf of a friend.

Not sure if they have decided to change the way it works since what they told me then (see previous post). Quite rightly though, how can they know at beginning of June how many games will be played by a certian date.

Even when the fixtures come out, these are subject to change with postponments due to weather / cup runs etc.

:shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As Conkers said, perhaps its something to do with the two year season ticket. Even then though it seems to be making it unnecessarily complicated. I'm 99% certain they just price it according to the date of application (in line with how soon you renew). Presumably you'll pay the higher rate for the 2nd of a two year season ticket if after the first season you've crossed into another age bracket. But they're not going to fanny about pro-rata-ing it out over the portion of a remaining season.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

That is madness. It should be the age you are when you purchase the season ticket. Crazy!

:angry:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I've always assumed that the cost of a season ticket is based on the age you are when buying it - or at least when you first start using it. Thus a 21 year old who is 22 by the start of the following season- so will be 22 when they actually make use of the season ticket - probably wouldn't qualify. But if you turn 22 sometime during that season you should be charged the Under-21 rate for precisely the reasons that Easy 10 has said.

For sure, things don't work the other way round - i.e. someone whose qualifying birthday falls during one season doesn't get a Crumblies season ticket until the following season. Or, to the best of my knowledge, a cost reduction on the matches they will totter along to on their current season ticket.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
For sure, things don't work the other way round - i.e. someone whose qualifying birthday falls during one season doesn't get a Crumblies season ticket until the following season. Or, to the best of my knowledge, a cost reduction on the matches they will totter along to on their current season ticket.

That's why I'm glad I have an August birthday right at the start of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here