Season ticket - who's still waiting?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
my mate is, that's who. He phoned the office on Friday and emailed Ken Brown at the weekend. As at 5pm tonight he had still not received a reply.

Anyone else still waiting?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No relpy after emailing Brown at the weekend? The bloke is an utter tosser and the club a shambles.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Im still waiting for mine

but then I didnt apply for one.......

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No relpy after emailing Brown at the weekend? The bloke is an utter tosser and the club a shambles.

I raised a serious question about KB's poor PR about a month ago. Here was Insider's reply:

I'm not sure if you have some sort of vendetta against Ken Brown or not?

All I can say is that from what I have seen on a daily basis Ken is a sayer rather than a doer. {subsequently corrected by Insider)

Some fans may like someone who joins them for a pint on matchdays (I seem to remember David Bellotti was very good at giving comments to the Argus and impressed fans with his matchday walkaround) - but Ken is not that sort of MD. However he operates an open-door policy for any fan to make contact if they have criticism, praise or suggestions. Or you can wait until the pre-season fans' forum.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not me - walked into the shop and got mine within about 5 minutes.

Might be an easier way of doing it. Still, bit of an error the club, but you'd expect the odd cock-up out of 4000.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Or threaten to go the papers.I'm sure the club can do without the publicty.They certainly need a kick up the back sides with all this ticket rubbish going on.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not me - walked into the shop and got mine within about 5 minutes.

Might be an easier way of doing it. Still, bit of an error the club, but you'd expect the odd cock-up out of 4000.

It's not just an error though is it.Why should you recieve it so late ie just before the first home match? They shouldn't make any mistakes if they want fans to return.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
[ Still, bit of an error the club, but you'd expect the odd cock-up out of 4000.[/QUOTE]

Yes you get the odd cock up, but when you cock up you should do everything you can to put things right.

Re asking for a refund, my mate wants his tickets, not the cash.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's not just an error though is it.Why should you recieve it so late ie just before the first home match? They shouldn't make any mistakes if they want fans to return.

Well we've already heard the excuse, they've hired out some Courier company to do it for the first time.

They'll learn from this I expect - there aren't usually any problems, but then this might be a cheaper way of doing it.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If you give them £420, they should be able to give you 23 tickets in the 2 months they have to do so. That they haven't managed it says a LOT about the organisation of BHAFC. Disgrace.
Quite agree, very Mickey Mouse, get the money back and just buy on the cheap from others, there are ALWAYS tickets going, I've never not been able to get one on the cheap for a home game when I've been able/wanted to go.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I know someone STILL waiting. Her ticket for the Brizzle game didn't arrive, as promised. She was away on holiday, so not a huge problem.

This has been an almighty f*** up.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The thing is, in the 9 years that we've been playing at the withdean I've never heard anyone complain about not being sent their season ticket in time for the season. Going on those figures I wouldn't expect any cock ups at all, bearing in mind how much a season ticket costs.
Going on the evidence of the last few weeks the club seems to be getting very disorganised, that I'm afraid starts at the top and filters down through the rest of the staff, there is no such thing as a bad team, there's only bad managers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My question would be why we've changed mailing houses when this has never happened before. I can only assume we were cutting costs.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My question would be why we've changed mailing houses when this has never happened before. I can only assume we were cutting costs.

I have a feeling its because there are only 2 full time staff that work in the ticket office, and they have to deal with phone lines, people coming in to the shop as well as matchday tickets and Gullys gang thing, so they outsourced the season ticket distribution.

It just seems shit because it took less than 30seconds for the money to come out of peoples accounts, but weeks for the tickets to arrive/not arrive

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Just spoken to my dad. No season ticket for him as yet. Emails sent on Saturday and Tuesday both unanswered following two phone calls last week that got him nowhere.

Get the impression no one at the club cares less to be honest. If it was me in this situation I'd be printing off a duplicate ticket and getting it hand delivered to the customer with an offer of recompense not hiding behind "ooh it's a different mailing house" excuses.

Really, really poor IMO....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports