Season ticket sellout - so have we or not?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
1,000 apologies if I've missed it but has there been any official announcement - via the website or through the Arsegas - that we have reached the 18,400 sales target of season tickets (incl prawnies)?

I know NSCers have said so and the phone line says no tickets available and join the waiting list blah blah but I was expecting an all singing, all dancing 'season ticket sellout' announcement. Or is the club playing a canny game that a thicko like me can't comprehend?

:amex:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Trying to withold the fact that its sold out thus increasing the number of names they get on the waiting list!? I have no idea either, if we'd actually sold out you'd think a massive deal would have been made of it by the club.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't understand why there would be so many season tickets to sell in the first place? What about the match by match fans, do they mean nothing any more?

I can say that in comfort, having bought my season ticket for the East Stand some months ago.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I don't understand why there would be so many season tickets to sell in the first place? What about the match by match fans, do they mean nothing any more?

I can say that in comfort, having bought my season ticket for the East Stand some months ago.

What's the point? If you sell 1,000 less season tickets then you are still left with potentially 1,000 more people going for the game-by-game seats.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It seems that selling seats is not a perfect art. There will be odd gaps - singles/doubes - where batches have been sold and some seats are left inbetween or as a result of mistakes by the sales staff. These could easily add up to a few hundred and will doubtless be offered to those on the initial waiting list.

Then all direct debits need to be activated and checked.

I suspect that process will take a few weeks and only when it is complete an official announcement will be made. As rightly suggested they won't want to deter people from joining a waiting list when drop outs are always likely.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Severnside - the voice of reason and intelligence. The club should employ you as a customer services manager. You've certainly put my mind at rest. I think. :thumbsup:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
They sold out 2 Tuesday's ago.

They went for a vast majority of season tickets to give guaranteed cash flows for Poyet's Summer 2011 transfer and wages budget.

Perhaps when the corners are fillied in and the East Upper complete, they'll leave many more for match day fans who can't afford or commit to a season ticket,

and allow a mass of cheap tickets for Sussex school kids to prevent another generation of Sussex kids obsessing (by tv) over Manure, LFC, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Beartown Seagull

Jan 11, 2006
Brighton
I was in the ticket office last Wed sorting my direct debit form and they said they'd totally sold out within 1.5 hours of them going on sale over the phone on Monday. Made me giggle though when a chap wandered into the shop and not only wanted to buy a season ticket but a specific seat too - where's he been hiding over the last few weeks/months?!

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I was in the ticket office last Wed sorting my direct debit form and they said they'd totally sold out within 1.5 hours of them going on sale over the phone on Monday. Made me giggle though when a chap wandered into the shop and not only wanted to buy a season ticket but a specific seat too - where's he been hiding over the last few weeks/months?!

Was it Tony Bloom?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
At the risk of diverting this thread (but not wishing to start a new one) I bought 2 STs outright back in Feb. Should I have received any correspondence from the club as a follow up to this?

I have this irrational fear that there's been somekind of admin error and that in 2 months I'll find out someone else has bagged my seats!:ohmy:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The ticket printout given on your day at Falmer is all that's happened so far for everyone, other than for those paying by DD who've received instalments info.

I suppose in June or July we'll receive our smart cards by post.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

No, sell the f**cking things and get the money in the bank. Years of struggling and after it is a business we're running.

If we have a good season then they will need to have to look at expanding the place.... what a difference a new stadium can make :falmer:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They sold out 2 Tuesday's ago.

They went for a vast majority of season tickets to give guaranteed cash flows for Poyet's Summer 2011 transfer and wages budget.

Perhaps when the corners are fillied in and the East Upper complete, they'll leave many more for match day fans who can't afford or commit to a season ticket,

and allow a mass of cheap tickets for Sussex school kids to prevent another generation of Sussex kids obsessing (by tv) over Manure, LFC, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Not saying you're wrong, but my dad bought 2 on monday :shrug:

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
The smart cards have to be programmed this can only be done once the fixtures have been announced, also there have been hundreds of cock ups with the direct debits, i have just sent a bank statement to the club to prove i have paid mine as they believed the owner of my account was another fan!:angry:

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Hi
I live in Hertfordshire so have been umming and aaahing about whether to get season tickets as we can't get down to every game. Looks like I may have left it too late. Does anyone know if any of the alleged 50 still available per the above post from sammy g are still available? Even better, anyone happen to know if they might be in the Family Area? Thanks (and regretting not just buying them months ago).
Hertsseagull

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports