Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Sales

Cheeky Chappie

Sep 27, 2007
I've been a regular since the 70s and have renewed. I didn't really think about it too much..... I must admit that my Albion 'mojo' isn't there at the moment but perhaps it's just a phase! The atmosphere at The Amex wasn't good for lots of games last season and I hope it improves this time. The travel isn't ideal but The Amex is in the least bad site in Brighton. All in all I can see why the punters who aren't lifelong fans aren't renewing.

Jan 30, 2008
In total, I know 12 people who have given up their season tickets and they all cancelled due to cost and the loss of the 'community' feel around the club.

Some have been supporters for over 20 years but they simply don't recognise the club anymore.

It is a slippery slope and a real shame.
that's correct, the heart and soul has gone replaced by a money making machine caught up in the quest for the holy grail :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
lots of wanky so called fans on this thread, i'll always renew my st, no matter how shite the cost/players/manager/ground/style of football is. Don't know how half of u twats can call yourself fans, we're better off without you.
what a div :facepalm:when all the glory hunters have gone away come back and say that again :wanker:
regards
DR

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well I guess I am bucking the trend having added 2 new STs this coming season along my with pal who is adding a further ST.

I'm pretty relaxed about it to be honest. It didn't worry me at Withdean with only 6,000 of us there, so why panic now that we're likley to drop to 'only' 24,000 average? People do like to create drama and seem to lack a sense of reality.

Most football fans are fickle, we know that, and you can be sure we will fill the place if results go well.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Not seen anything for this season but in terms of the Amex previously:

“Albion have 22,000 season ticket holders in the current campaign [2012-2013].”
“Ninety-five per cent of season tickets holders have already renewed for 2013-14 (e.g. 20,900), with the Seagulls still battling to go up from the Championship into the Premier League.”

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10353614.Albion_on_course_to_smash_season_tickets_record/

“..record season ticket sales for next season [2013-2014], in excess of 23,000, our new hospitality areas all but sold out,…"

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10455740.Paul_Barber_s_Albion_statement_in_full/

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ABut if it becomes too expensive with barber trying to extract every penny out of us, and also no spending on the playing side

So, let's get this right, you want the club to buy more players but you object to the club maximising income to buy more players?
:facepalm:

Some have been supporters for over 20 years but they simply don't recognise the club anymore.

Really? They feel that the matchday experience these days, in a state of the art stadium watching international(and recent international footballers) is worse than going to a crumbling Goldstone with a club being run down by the likes of Archer. And worse than going to Priestfield, standing in a crowd of 2000 watching the likes of Gislason and Mahoney-Johnston imitate footballers?

Weird

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The average attendance will not fall from 28,000 to 18,000. Gloomy exaggerating going on.

But the lack of goals scored in the 3 Amex seasons (shockingly low compared to the rest of the division) and spells of games within those seasons of very slow and ineffective attacking, I think, is a major cause of some apathy. Not OG's fault at all - Poyet's expensively assembled (in terms of fees and wages combined), had long spells too within those 2 seasons too of the same dross. Whilst we saw teams with much smaller budgets (and smaller accounting losses) such as Palace, Derby, Millwall show how teams could play with pace and great passing.

If Hyppia (supported by the Board & Burke) get that right, we will maintain the feel-good factor on first getting to the Amex.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
I've got 2 sons who love the Amex expirence and my youngest adores Brighton, looking at his devotion for the the club is one of the wonders of being a father. Living a distance away it does not make financial sense. But when has supporting and I mean properly supporting a club ever been about money?.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I always say the same when these threads come up, and that's i'll always renew unless it is financially impossible.

Unfortunately due to recent changes in circumstances I find myself around 600 quid shorter than usual each month this season, but with a bit of juggling can still afford to renew.. I just won't be spending 40 odd quid on beer, pies and hotdogs each game. In fact I plan to spend nothing at the ground any more.

And obviously the price rises don't help - I could just about stomach £3.90 for a Fosters, justifying it to myself by saying it's only a bit more than my local and you expect it at football. But over £4 for a shall we describe as an "inferior" lager just tips it for me.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
BHAFC take their fan base for granted at their Peril. I think the real number of st renewals will be below 20000 and of those some will miss games. Unless we hit the ground running those extra 8000 tickets on matchdays are going to be impossible to shift so although the declared gates will probably be 24000 or so next season in reality under 20000 will be in the ground and that will become clear with the number of empty seats. After the absolute horsecrap served up for most of last season and with the dessimation of the squad, sale of all our best players and uninspiring repaclements if replacements at all, it seems the club is going in the wrong direction very fast, sad but there we are

Did you ever attend home games when we played at Gillingham ?

You have got to be the most negative poster on this forum.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Were you really spending £40+ on beer, pies and hotdogs each home game last season? :eek:

Well including about a fiver for the train, I'd say yeah, easily 40 a match day. Not just for me, for the boy as well (hence the hotdog). So maybe 4 pints over the day for me plus 2 pies, and a hotdog and bottle of coke for him.. All adds up. I think a lot of people would be surprised how much they spend without realising.

Then I have the games where he doesn't come so it's extra beers before and after.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So, let's get this right, you want the club to buy more players but you object to the club maximising income to buy more players?
:facepalm:

No, I didn't say that. I said when everything goes up season after season and the club are tight on the pitch then attendances will suffer. If it were not for the Ulloa money (which the club say they had no intention of selling), how much spending would there be? Very little imo. Last year like this year everything at the Amex costs more, and scrapped specials buses, increased travel subsidy, pies, pints etc, etc.

This is a thread on why ST sales are down. It's just an opinion ya know.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is a thread on why ST sales are down. It's just an opinion ya know.

Of course. but PS: Its only speculation on NSC that ST sales are down. The club haven't confirmed that at all and crowds are certainly going to be very similar to last years 23K all time record, and contributing to the biggest average crowd in the championship for last two years given that the only figure the club has confirmed is that they were about 21K back in March.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Of course. but PS: Its only speculation on NSC that ST sales are down. The club haven't confirmed that at all and crowds are certainly going to be very similar to last years 23K all time record, and contributing to the biggest average crowd in the championship for last two years given that the only figure the club has confirmed is that they were about 21K back in March.

I hope you're right. I love a near full or full Amex. It created a bit of pride for me as other clubs in our league play in half empty grounds.
There does seem to be more tickets available than previously. I hope that's because the clubs ticket system is better than before, and more flexible to offer some more tickets online.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm wondering if Paul Barber will give an update on ST sales during the week after the announcement of the new signings ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here