Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's bound to be more expensive if we are promoted as there are less games.

That was never going to happen.

In the PL, a club loses out on gate money with fewer home games, but gains shedloads more from TV money.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't give a shit about the opposition tbh

No? As much as I love the competetivness of the Championship, I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of the two Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham et al at the Amex.

It's been a long long time since we have played the big boys on a regular basis. That's IF we are promoted of course.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
BTW, if/when we are promoted, there will be fewer home matches, but I bet MORE of them are on Saturday afternoons.

(My son's ST will defo be better value for money)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
. . . and the rest of it!

New Season Ticket Availability for 2017/18

Having reached the general admission season-ticket cap in 2016/17, there is no guarantee that additional season tickets will be made available for sale for the 2017/18 season after the renewal period.

Supporters wishing to become 2017/18 season-ticket holders are advised to join the membership scheme which opens on 21st February and offers a place on the season-ticket waiting list. Those on the list, subject to their positioning on the list, will have priority IF season tickets do become available.

How to Renew

Supporters can follow the link below for full details of the renewal price, for existing season-ticket holders, benefits and the timeline for renewals for this year.

Season-ticket holders paying by Direct Debit are reminded that their season tickets will automatically renew and no action needs to be taken**.

Season-ticket renewals can be done online at seagullstickets.com, by phone through the Albion Booking Line 0844 327 1901* and in person at the Ticket Office.

Supporters who pay for season tickets up front may opt to move to pay by Direct Debit but should not this option is not available online.

For more information, updated terms and conditions and FAQs please visit www.seagullstickets.com.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3562344.aspx#CIifkIxIFblj6pok.99

and some more:

https://www.seagullstickets.com/subscriptions

Season Ticket 2017/18 Renewals

Season ticket renewals for the 2017/18 season are now open.

Renew Now

Please note the following important information:

Becoming a Season Ticket Holder
If you are looking to join us as a new Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holder, please note that season tickets are currently sold out, and due to high expected renewal rates availability is likely to be very limited. Should any season tickets be released for sale, this will only be to supporters who have joined our season ticket waiting list. For details on how to join the waiting list please click here.

Join the Waiting List

Renewing your Season Ticket

Paying Upfront
If you wish to pay for your season ticket up front it must be booked and paid for prior to 5pm on Wednesday 15th March 2017. After this time your seat will be released and we can no longer guarantee its availability for you. The renewal price is only available to renewing season ticket holders up until 5pm on 15th March. You can purchase your seat online by logging in using your fan number, or by calling the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901* (option 2). Please note to buy online you must login using each fan number individually. We strongly recommend checking, and if necessary, updating your customer details before completing your purchase. If you wish to change from paying upfront to paying by Direct Debit, please contact the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901* or download, complete and post this Renewal Application Form.

Paying by Direct Debit
If you already pay by Direct Debit you do not need to take any action. Your season ticket will automatically renew for the 2017/18 season and this will be processed for you at 5pm on 15th March. If your bank details have changed please download this Direct Debit Amendment Form. The form must be printed, completed and posted to Supporter Services, American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9BL no later than 8th March. Unfortunately due to Direct Debit regulations we are not permitted to accept scanned or photocopied Direct Debit forms.

If you currently pay by Direct Debit and do not wish to renew for the 2017/18 season you must email supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk and follow the steps on the automatic reply before 5pm on Wednesday 15th March. Cancellation requests will not be accepted by any other means.

Moving Seats
If you are a current season-ticket holder wishing to move seats you must renew your current season tickets first. If you pay by Direct Debit you will auto-renew, but if you pay upfront you must buy your current seat prior to the deadline of 5pm on 15th March 2017 in order to qualify to move. You should then contact the club via the Albion Booking Line on 0844 327 1901* or visit in person, on the dates shown below, dependent on the area you wish to move to:
Mon 20th March - moves to/within North and South
Tue 21st March - moves to/within West
Wed 22nd March - moves to/within East
Those wishing to move seats are advised that availability is extremely limited. Please note these dates are the start dates for season ticket moves and requests will be accepted up until the end of June 2017. From July moves may be possible but will be charged at £15 each.

Moving for Medical Reasons
If you wish to move due to a medical condition, again please ensure you have renewed your current seat first, as above. Ensure you complete and return the downloadable form and supporting medical document prior to 5pm on 15th March. Move requests will be dealt with in order of the date the forms are received.

Changing the Owner of a Season Ticket Seat
Due to season tickets being sold out we will not be accepting any requests to change the owner of a season ticket. Any current supporters not wishing to continue as season ticket holders in 2017/18 should email supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk and follow the steps on the automatic reply before 5pm on Wednesday 15th March in order to cancel their renewal. Supporters wishing to join as new season ticket holders should join the waiting list (see above).

FAQs
For a list of frequently asked questions please click here.
Parking
Seasonal Parking will be available to renew in June 2017.
Keep Your Season Card
Please keep your season ticket card as it will remain active for next season (unless you change seats or move age bands, in which case we will send a new card approx 7 days before the first home game of the season).

*Calls cost 7ppm plus your network charge.

Can't grumble at the price hike. I'm sure this is better than what were the worse case scenarios.

I can see match by match prices increasing for the category A games. It will be interesting how this is manged though with regards to the £30 cap on away prices as I can't see the club wanting to charge home fans more than away fans for the equivalent ticket.

I wonder if we can get special conditions to charge a bit more as we include the travel subsidy? The travel subsidy would be worthless for a greater proportion of visiting fans than for home fans, so we might get a bit of bad press if this did happen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is a MASSIVE IF!

But, indeed, there would be fewer games.... 19 rather than 23, so that's a 17.4% increase for Premier League football.

If my maths is correct, keeping the Championship price for 23 games when we only get 19 Premier League games for the same money is the equivalent of a 17 per cent increase in the price per match. Add this to the "2 - 5 per cent increase" and things work out at around 20 per cent more to watch Premier League games.

It really is the best we could hope for, so no complaints here.

I often compare us to Southampton, as I think they are very similar, in terms of new(ish) stadium, stadium size, number of STH, etc.

For comparison, when they went up (2012/13) their ST prices increased by 30 - 51% (actual increase) as WELL as the 4 fewer games.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/9721925.Saints_unveil_season_ticket_prices_for_Premier_League/

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nope

Season-ticket holders paying by Direct Debit are reminded that their season tickets will automatically renew and no action needs to be taken**.

Later in the full article it says:

No.

Season-ticket holders paying by Direct Debit are reminded that their season tickets will automatically renew and no action needs to be taken
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3562344.aspx#ouFPLoVvBcvJjded.99

(yep thanks, see the post above, I found it myself)

I'm struggling to think of any justification for a price rise if we get promoted.

Supply and Demand
Fewer games for the club to earn match day revenue
Paying to see the best football in the world (subjective) at the Amex
At sport (and anything TBH) you pay more the better it is

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Supply and Demand
Fewer games for the club to earn match day revenue
Paying to see the best football in the world (subjective) at the Amex
At sport (and anything TBH) you pay more the better it is

As you say, certainly subjective. PL is nowhere near the best imho. Entertaining yes, best no.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How much would a new platinum membership be? The home and away season ticket

I'm already on the ST waiting list and will have to join another waiting list.

I'm struggling to think of any justification for a price rise if we get promoted.

I've been through YEARS of supporting the Albion in the hope that we will bring top tier football back to Brighton. I'm struggling to think of any justification for this if we are never going to be promoted.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Must admit I was expecting (or maybe hopeful) that it would be this kind of price rise if we stayed in the Championship but a price freeze if we went up.

Gate receipts will be such a small fraction of the income the club will receive in the Premier League that I doubt this increase even hits 1% of the increase in revenue? But then equally we will all pay it for the first season in the top flight. The test will come if we stay there for a while like a West Brom and Stoke but are winning a lot lot less than now. May need to fix the prices then to keep the fans coming.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seems fair enough to me.

Note that if an existing ST holder wants the pricing outlined in the release (as well as guaranteeing their seat at all), you have to renew by 15 March (i.e. before we know which division we'll be playing in next season). They've not specified what the pricing will be for new (or late renewals) ST - I'm guessing that it'll be substantially more than what they have published so far if we're playing in the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seems fair enough to me.

Note that if an existing ST holder wants the pricing outlined in the release (as well as guaranteeing their seat at all), you have to renew by 15 March (i.e. before we know which division we'll be playing in next season). They've not specified what the pricing will be for new (or late renewals) ST - I'm guessing that it'll be substantially more than what they have published so far if we're playing in the PL.

Its almost a moot point. If everyone renews there is miniscule scope for any new STH.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seat secured, lovely stuff! Thank you credit card for this massive burden, I promise to pay you off before the start of the 2018/19 season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here