Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He won't be able to respond to you. Not on this thread at least.

Constructive debate is one thing, but his particular brand of snidely trying to undermine the club at every turn really is utterly tiresome.

He is nothing but a troll.... Why people who don't support the club, and feel the need to come on here slagging it off at every opportunity amazes me...

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
It's simple. Take a tin of Quality street. Price stays the same but instead of a kilo tin of sweets you get 750g.
Maybe you buy things without actually knowing what you're actually paying for.

But Premier League games are supposedly of better quality. So to correct your analogy...

Would you buy a 1kg tin of Lidl's own brand chocolates, when you could alternatively buy a 750g tin of Quality Street for the same price? The price may be the same, but you're getting less of something that is of a higher quality.

You get what you pay for.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Found it!

No 2 mates for £10 games next season
Priority members (not season ticket holders) get £5 off vouchers for 1A , 2B and 1C category game during the season

That's the formal benefits document for this season, not next. I can't find the equivalent document for next season...

I can only assume that the "2 mates for a tenner" offer this season was a "special" not originally envisaged when the benefits document was created.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, however plenty insinuating that any increase for less games, or claiming it's a calculated increase of c20% when you factor in fewer games, is poor which is tantamount to the same thing.

Premier League football doesn't grow on trees and we already have one of the most attractive packages going.

What a load of crap. It is a fact that the match day cost for my seat, assuming promotion, will be over 24% higher.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
you are quoting like for like goods but with less of the same....1000g quality street with 750g,.......Or season ticket London to to Brighton four days compared to five....
If we go up. We go up a class. Would you expect Prem football to be same price as championship any more than, Say you buy Rump Steak, you may get 1kg for £14. Would you seriously expect 1kg of Fillet Steak for the same money.

Quality in anything costs more.

Stop talking sense don't you know its 'spin' and we are mugs for falling for it?

But Premier League games are supposedly of better quality. So to correct your analogy...

Would you buy a 1kg tin of Lidl's own brand chocolates, when you could alternatively buy a 750g tin of Quality Street for the same price? The price may be the same, but you're getting less of something that is of a higher quality.

You get what you pay for.

Jesus wept!!!!

The analogy was about unit price but that seems to have gone over many heads who took it as literal comparison. That said, I have no idea on the quality of Lidl's chocolate!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Do the people grumbling about the potential higher cost per game therefore expect the players to take pay cuts on the grounds that they will be playing fewer games next season?

Nobody has suggested or insinuated that.

The debate is really about exactly what the price increase is and how it is described by the club. That, and the fact that the club will get a ****ing big wedge of TV money next year and could quite easily have absorbed any price increase as well as letting TB start to recover some of his outlay. Out of interest, you're a numbers man, roughly how much additional income do you think the price increase will make?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Jesus wept!!!!

The analogy was about unit price but that seems to have gone over many heads who took it as literal comparison. That said, I have no idea on the quality of Lidl's chocolate!!!!

Unit price of your "SEASON ticket" has gone up between two and five per cent...FACT

Are you stupid or just pretending to be ?????

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Been away from the computer and seems there are plenty keeping the thread going. If you're bored read another thread!

Im intrigued to see the outcome of the discussion when someone has accused TB of penny pinching!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
What a load of crap. It is a fact that the match day cost for my seat, assuming promotion, will be over 24% higher.

We dont know yet what the match day cost for your seat will be unless ive missed an announcement about match day ticket prices. What we know is the season ticket cost and subsequently the cost per game if we divide that figure by 19 or 23

Jan 30, 2008
How is it pointless, ffs?

Away fans sit in the lower tier at an end. Why you expect seats with a (generally considered to be) better view, at the front of the upper tier, on the halfway line to be a comparable price?

Home seats in the NORTH stand absolutely should be no more than the away cap, as those actually ARE comparable seats.

Not hard to understand really.
everyone's watching the same game though :facepalm:
regards
DR

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We dont know yet what the match day cost for your seat will be unless ive missed an announcement about match day ticket prices. What we know is the season ticket cost and subsequently the cost per game if we divide that figure by 19 or 23

Is it beyond the realms of possibility to compare the potential match day prices for next year in relation to next years season ticket prices based on the cost of them this year in relation to the match day cost of a season this year. It's not an exact science but then again it isn't rocket science.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unit price of your "SEASON ticket" has gone up between two and five per cent...FACT

Are you stupid or just pretending to be ?????

I think that is you that are dumb. The season ticket is effectively a collection of match day tickets. I appreciate that doesn't suit your argument but that is the fact. The club used to actually print a ticket for each match in the old days. Before that, you had a book of match vouchers. Just because modern technology allows it to be on a smart card does alter what it represents. But hey ho, you stick with your mantra.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is it beyond the realms of possibility to compare the potential match day prices for next year in relation to next years season ticket prices based on the cost of them this year in relation to the match day cost of a season this year. It's not an exact science but then again it isn't rocket science.

It is yes and very simple to do. But it wouldnt then be called the match day ticket price by virtue of it not being the price you pay on the day of the match. Thats not rocket science either.
You could of course call it the price per match based on the season ticket cost.

I would guess the match day prices as it were will be between £30 and £55 but thats purely speculation. I imagine the lowest prices wont dip below the £30 we have to make available to away supporters. Im assuming the rule where tickets have to be available in the lowest home price band to away supporters will remain in place in reverse.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is yes and very simple to do. But it wouldnt then be called the match day ticket price by virtue of it not being the price you pay on the day of the match. Thats not rocket science either.
You could of course call it the price per match based on the season ticket cost.

I would guess the match day prices as it were will be between £30 and £55 but thats purely speculation. I imagine the lowest prices wont dip below the £30 we have to make available to away supporters. Im assuming the rule where tickets have to be available in the lowest home price band to away supporters will remain in place in reverse.

I'm not sure I made it clear what I was talking about. We know what a match ticket costs this season and we know what a season ticket costs so we can work out the saving made by STH for each game. Work out using next season's season ticket prices what a season ticket holder pays on average per game, and assume that they will have a similar saving as this year so add that on and you get something near what an individual match ticket might cost next year. I only raised this as someone else asked if we knew what the match day ticket prices were and of course the club haven't yet released that so it is open to speculation!

Look at the North stand this year. A season ticket holder pays £20 per match (assuming they go to all games) which is a £10 saving on buying a ticket every game. Next season, assuming promotion, they will pay the equivalent of £26. That could imply that to buy a one off ticket for the North Stand next season could be £36 which is obviously more than the away fans who are limited to £30 for pretty much the same view. Until the info is released by the club then we don't know however, they have the advantage over other clubs as they could itemize the travel portion of the ticket so could still say the ticket is £30 but that there is an additional £4 (or whatever it is) for the transport policy required by the planning agreement!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'm not sure I made it clear what I was talking about. We know what a match ticket costs this season and we know what a season ticket costs so we can work out the saving made by STH for each game. Work out using next season's season ticket prices what a season ticket holder pays on average per game, and assume that they will have a similar saving as this year so add that on and you get something near what an individual match ticket might cost next year. I only raised this as someone else asked if we knew what the match day ticket prices were and of course the club haven't yet released that so it is open to speculation!

Look at the North stand this year. A season ticket holder pays £20 per match (assuming they go to all games) which is a £10 saving on buying a ticket every game. Next season, assuming promotion, they will pay the equivalent of £26. That could imply that to buy a one off ticket for the North Stand next season could be £36 which is obviously more than the away fans who are limited to £30 for pretty much the same view. Until the info is released by the club then we don't know however, they have the advantage over other clubs as they could itemize the travel portion of the ticket so could still say the ticket is £30 but that there is an additional £4 (or whatever it is) for the transport policy required by the planning agreement!

No season ticket holder I know pays per match.... ..people without season tickets pay per match.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
You do make some valid points Drew but for all your waffling and grizzling you still renewed didn't you? If you were that passionate about your views on this you would have jacked it in, you haven't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here