Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals and Pricing for 2017/18

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
They may well be reasons why the club have decided to raise more by increasing ticket prices but doesn't change the fact that the price rise is more than 2-5%!

And you forgot to say that makes Bloom a penny pincher as you have clearly stated.

Jokes!!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It won't be long before we can say a below inflation ticket price rise from the Albion

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
article in Argus says 'current sth's and half season ticket holders can renew from today' , thought it was automatic, unless you cancel ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So with the amex entrance at 10x the inflation rate the same mark up on Keegans first wage would be £7100 per week! Surely thats enough? Thats over 350k per year to kick a football:eek:

Don't disagree with your version of utopia at all. However, it's not reality - the very highest paid players get 50x that. Rather than harping on about how much higher than inflation adjusted prices we have to pay to get a ticket, we should instead be grateful that someone else (principally Tony) picks up the bulk of the cost for us. Imo, like.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll make it simple for you. If you are a season ticket holder, work out how much you pay for a game currently then work out how much you will pay for a game next season on the basis we get promoted.

I believe most on this thread have already worked that out.
Doubt it. Would think most aren't sufficiently bothered to work it out.

As I see it, a tiny increase for either the same number of games (fearing the worst), or a few less games but with a much higher standard of opposition and mostly sellouts on a Saturday afternoon, either way suspect most are pretty content.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although I understand the "If we are in the Premier League the price per game has gone up a lot" view, it's not one I personally share.

I simply don't measure my season ticket in terms of the number of games it entitles me to attend. It's my small (non-Bloom-sized) buy-in to 9 months of the thing that brings me more enjoyment and entertainment than anything else I do, or spend time and money on.

I also go to the Amex to watch the Albion and not the opposition, but I also know that a Premier League flavoured Albion will cost significantly more than the current one.

One man has given hundreds of millions of pounds to the club we both support. I'm not sure the pleasure derives from it is much different in scale to my own, and I'm happy to chip in a little bit more to keep it all going.

I also don't lose sight of the fact that those of us who can afford Albion season tickets are lucky to be able to do so. To many people it's a luxury that they could not afford.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Although I understand the "If we are in the Premier League the price per game has gone up a lot" view, it's not one I personally share.

I simply don't measure my season ticket in terms of the number of games it entitles me to attend. It's my small (non-Bloom-sized) buy-in to 9 months of the thing that brings me more enjoyment and entertainment than anything else I do, or spend time and money on.

I also go to the Amex to watch the Albion and not the opposition, but I also know that a Premier League flavoured Albion will cost significantly more than the current one.

One man has given hundreds of millions of pounds to the club we both support. I'm not sure the pleasure derives from it is much different in scale to my own, and I'm happy to chip in a little bit more to keep it all going.

I also don't lose sight of the fact that those of us who can afford Albion season tickets are lucky to be able to do so. To many people it's a luxury that they could not afford.

Nicely put...especially the last sentence

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
So whats your main account?

I'm not sure what you mean?

I'm ok with the price rise - I'm just reminding 'Drew' about his previous disgusting comments about Bloom (see below)

Post 147
'It is penny pinching of the highest order.'

Post 162
'..under Bloom, I'm just saying I think this increase is unnecessary penny pinching.'

D

Deleted member 22389

Better get cancelling then sunshine!

Bloom out the 'penny pincher'

Ha ha ha!!

Unfortunately I will have to cancel my season ticket, gutted. Had my season ticket from the start. What with my hours of work, will have to buy tickets as and when now. Not having 3pm sat kick offs have also really done it for me this season. Eve games are no go as I have to be up at 2:45 in the mornings.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm not sure what you mean?

I'm ok with the price rise - I'm just reminding 'Drew' about his previous disgusting comments about Bloom (see below)

Post 147
'It is penny pinching of the highest order.'

Post 162
'..under Bloom, I'm just saying I think this increase is unnecessary penny pinching.'

Really out of order. When you see the Loons running other clubs we are so lucky to have Tony, is there a club in the League with a better owner?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unfortunately I will have to cancel my season ticket, gutted. Had my season ticket from the start. What with my hours of work, will have to buy tickets as and when now. Not having 3pm sat kick offs have also really done it for me this season. Eve games are no go as I have to be up at 2:45 in the mornings.

IF we go up, there will be hardly any midweek evening games. Think carefully before biting the bullet.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Unfortunately I will have to cancel my season ticket, gutted. Had my season ticket from the start. What with my hours of work, will have to buy tickets as and when now. Not having 3pm sat kick offs have also really done it for me this season. Eve games are no go as I have to be up at 2:45 in the morning.

That's a real shame. Can't you keep it and share. I have friends who do this as saturdays suit some and evening games suit others (especially if you have young children as you still have Saturdays with them.)

Also check out moving to a cheaper area and work out if Roughly if attending saturdays only and selling on to friends at face value works out cheaper than individual tickets. I think demand for spare tickets will be high next season regardless of the division we are in.

I wasn't mocking those that genuinely need to cancel so apologies if it felt this way.

Hope you find a solution - think laterally!

There is an excellent chance that the majority of games next season will be a sell out which could mean you can recoup some of the cost by whatever Season Ticket Exchange the club may implement from next season.

Might be worth holding fire a bit longer as by decision date it should be a lot clearer what division we will be in. With promotion I am sure there will be a decent ticket exchange rather than the current 2 bit solution.

D

Deleted member 22389

hans kraay fan club and AWAYDAY, I'm going to keep it going. Would be so gutted if we do get promoted, your right I can probably work something out here.

D

Deleted member 22389

There is an excellent chance that the majority of games next season will be a sell out which could mean you can recoup some of the cost by whatever Season Ticket Exchange the club may implement from next season.

Might be worth holding fire a bit longer as by decision date it should be a lot clearer what division we will be in. With promotion I am sure there will be a decent ticket exchange rather than the current 2 bit solution.

Club needs a decent ticket exchange, it's crazy that you can't sell tickets on. I'm going to hold on to my season ticket anyway. I can't bear the thought of not being part of the action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here