Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket prices 24/25

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
For those that are on membership and want to get a ST for next year, it will be done on points most likely i've been told by the club.

Has this been the case previously?
Not according to the website today. Whoever has attended most home league games this season gets priority.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
“Travel to and from matches will continue to be significantly subsidised by the club for all fans although, as we have pointed out many times, we have little or no control over how trains, buses or the highways around the stadium operate or function.”
Yet the club DO have control over the some of the bus issues despite what PBOBE claims. They didn't increase the number of buses for Mill Road PR despite capacity dropping by 50%.They pay per vehicle not the capacity of the vehicles. They better do so now STs are going up so much .... of course we won't know until AFTER we've agreed to renew. Have to say, I'm another waiverer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You sound super confident. Tho completely wrong. There will be some tweaks to the transport arrangements. Some of them will be fairly major for some people. That heavily-weighted 'Transport Survey' ensured that was always going to be the case
You keep banging on about this with no evidence whatsoever.

The fact is PB has stated the travel subsidy continues. If it didn't it would add another percentage increase to the percentage increase of the ticket, and that would unfairly punish people in Worthing or Haywards Heath, compared to people near London Road or Preston Park.

It would also be unenforceable on the trains. The barriers have to be open for safety reasons at Falmer and there is no provision to check the tickets of everyone getting on via the queuing system at Brighton before and Falmer after. So trains would have a de facto scheme, punishing bus travellers.

If this is your repeated claim that people aren't allowed on to park and ride without having parked a car, that's currently untrue, demonstrably if you check how booked sites like EDF work. If you believe this is being tightened up, then please enlighten us as to precisely how it will work and how you know that.

Else you're guessing, in order to take another cheap shot at the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yet the club DO have control over the some of the bus issues despite what PBOBE claims. They didn't increase the number of buses for Mill Road PR despite capacity dropping by 50%.They pay per vehicle not the capacity of the vehicles. They better do so now STs are going up so much .... of course we won't know until AFTER we've agreed to renew. Have to say, I'm another waiverer.
OR The club frequently lay on , and pay a fortune for, fleets of buses for games when there are train strikes as well. Is that what you mean ?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
You don't know that. Some travel will be included, but that's not the same thing at all

In your renew email there is a link to a letter from Tony Bloom

This is what it says about travel
1705332155336.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You sound super confident. Tho completely wrong. There will be some tweaks to the transport arrangements. Some of them will be fairly major for some people. That heavily-weighted 'Transport Survey' ensured that was always going to be the case. Club are slowly but surely edging out of any responsibility for the transport arrangements that won them planning permission for the stadium in the first place. Not a good look :nono:

*edit* That'll get the hotline ringing in Chailey Towers :lol:
How would you interpret this (from Tony, in his renewal letter) ?

IMG_6555.jpeg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On the same line as the kids invites for selfies, I think a great innovation for 24/25 would be to have random draws for 2 or 4 fervent fans to be invited in for scran and vino to the boardroom on matchday.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
On the same line as the kids invites for selfies, I think a great innovation for 24/25 would be to have random draws for 2 or 4 fervent fans to be invited in for scran and vino to the boardroom on matchday.
Can I be picked for that please.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OR The club frequently lay on , and pay a fortune for, fleets of buses for games when there are train strikes as well. Is that what you mean ?
So you're agreeing that the club DO have control over the P&R buses despite PBOBE's claim ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You keep banging on about this with no evidence whatsoever.

The fact is PB has stated the travel subsidy continues. If it didn't it would add another percentage increase to the percentage increase of the ticket, and that would unfairly punish people in Worthing or Haywards Heath, compared to people near London Road or Preston Park.

It would also be unenforceable on the trains. The barriers have to be open for safety reasons at Falmer and there is no provision to check the tickets of everyone getting on via the queuing system at Brighton before and Falmer after. So trains would have a de facto scheme, punishing bus travellers.

If this is your repeated claim that people aren't allowed on to park and ride without having parked a car, that's currently untrue, demonstrably if you check how booked sites like EDF work. If you believe this is being tightened up, then please enlighten us as to precisely how it will work and how you know that.

Else you're guessing, in order to take another cheap shot at the club.
Oh please :facepalm:Why are you knee-jerkedly leaping to the club's defence on this one? For sure PBOBE has said that the club will significantly continue with the travel subsidy. Tho I'd wager you a pound to a penny that the subsidy won't be the same next season as it is this season. The heavily-weighted 'Travel Survey' ensured that would be the case. Sorry (= Not Sorry) if that ruins your walk-on P&R travel cheat. Maybe just catch the designated public transport like the rest of us? :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh please :facepalm:Why are you knee-jerkedly leaping to the club's defence on this one? For sure PBOBE has said that the club will significantly continue with the travel subsidy. Tho I'd wager you a pound to a penny that the subsidy won't be the same next season as it is this season. The heavily-weighted 'Travel Survey' ensured that would be the case. Sorry if that ruins your walk-on P&R travel cheat. Maybe just catch the designated public transport like the rest of us? :shrug:
So you don't know what will change, you haven't been told this by anyone, you have no clue how it currently works (there is no possible way to check at Mill Rd as the stops are a long way from many of the cars, while EDF explicitly allows walk on without car if you've booked it) and instead have decided for yourself based on some survey questions.

The only way to change and enforce this would be to make all P&R chargeable and pre-book only. Is that what you're claiming will happen? How sure are you?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Me and my son's STs in the Upper East. He's 20 but 21 on August 3rd. Is he going to cost me more next season? If so, he can whistle.

Any help gratefully received from a man who can't be arsed to find out for himself.

The PL season starts on August 17.

I reckon he's gonna be whistling I'm afraid.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone know what the specific cut off dates are for 10, 18, 21 and 65 year olds? I’d guess at 31st March

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So you're agreeing that the club DO have control over the P&R buses despite PBOBE's claim ?
his claim or rather quote was to remind fans ( i think) that they don't run the public buses or the trains . Which is true. Can they spend more ££ to subsidise even further - journeys to the Amex . Then of course - that's their choice and to their credit, they can and often do when the buses/trains aren't available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here