Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket holders why

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club have not explicitly stated what “abuse” is but, like you, I presume this is what it means.

I would also add directly selling a home season ticket for profit for an individual game and suggest "abuse" just covers anything the Ts & Cs you agreed to when purchasing a ST

If you buy a home ST it really is your choice whether to attend, they cannot really ague the toss, you have either paid up front or by direct debit so they only default is either mis-behaviour in the ground or not paying the direct debit.

What annoys me is the club not accepting they cocked up that Cup game but instead blaming those who saw an easy way to get loyalty points, usual corporate behaviour.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have some friends from all over the country that live in Brighton now and "support" other teams. The 4 of them share a couple of season tickets and divide up who goes to which games. Thing is they've done this since the Amex opened and now whilst they might say they're a Man U fan or whatever they genuinely do seem to support the Albion more than their other team. As long as while they are at Brighton games they are singing and wanting Albion to win I dont have a problem with it. The having season tickets to sell on or just be able to go to a game when they fancy is out of order though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would also add directly selling a home season ticket for profit for an individual game and suggest "abuse" just covers anything the Ts & Cs you agreed to when purchasing a ST

If you buy a home ST it really is your choice whether to attend, they cannot really ague the toss, you have either paid up front or by direct debit so they only default is either mis-behaviour in the ground or not paying the direct debit.

What annoys me is the club not accepting they cocked up that Cup game but instead blaming those who saw an easy way to get loyalty points, usual corporate behaviour.

I agree with all of this.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The club have not explicitly stated what “abuse” is but, like you, I presume this is what it means.

As well as buying and not attending away games I also read it as buying an away ticket and passing/selling to someone who does not have the required points to get one themselves.

Yes you could read this as the samething as the person who brought the ticket has not attended the away game in both cases. However there have
been suggestions that some in the top points bracket do undertake to buy effectively for others when they will not be attending themselves.
It does of course get round the non attendance issue that was so obvious at Bournemouth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Have there been any instances yet of an away fan in a home ST seat, mouthing off? If so, were stewards sought, and what happened to the season ticket? Like many others the very last thing I want at the football is a mouthy away fan sitting near me, especially in the context of of the original post. I would become agitated.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I think the club said if you do not attend something like 65 or 75% of games they reserve the right to take cancel your season ticket. Not totally sure but think it was something along these lines.

So to answer your question there might he a few years like him but there will be fewer if they do not attend the minimum number of games required.

Pretty sure Paul Barber briefly mentioned this during the fans forum at the Holbrook Club. He did not mention these actual figures but they are looking at the use / non use of tickets given the current waiting list. Suspect they will not allow you to renew if not used much.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think the club said if you do not attend something like 65 or 75% of games they reserve the right to take cancel your season ticket. Not totally sure but think it was something along these lines.

So to answer your question there might he a few years like him but there will be fewer if they do not attend the minimum number of games required.

My mate has 2 seats next to him , that are season tickets , theyve not been used for over 2 years.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Im a brighton season ticket holder , im a chelsea fan (first game 1967) used to have a season ticket at chelsea , i dont go much anymore maybe 6/7 games a season , but i go to pretty much every albion home game , and out of the 3 kids season tickets ive got my son has switched allegiances from chelsea to brighton , my girlfriends boy ive "told" him hes a brigbton fan , and my youngest son has stayed chelsea , whatever diebard albion fans think , the club needs that sort of support

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Pretty sure Paul Barber briefly mentioned this during the fans forum at the Holbrook Club. He did not mention these actual figures but they are looking at the use / non use of tickets given the current waiting list. Suspect they will not allow you to renew if not used much.

That is not unreasonable if you purchase a ST and do not use it at all as there is a waiting list.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Have there been any instances yet of an away fan in a home ST seat, mouthing off? If so, were stewards sought, and what happened to the season ticket? Like many others the very last thing I want at the football is a mouthy away fan sitting near me, especially in the context of of the original post. I would become agitated.

Last.season in the east lower famjly section a newcastle fan celebrated their winner , i told him to stfu , it turned out it was one of my sons schoolfriends dad "cringe"

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Last.season in the east lower famjly section a newcastle fan celebrated their winner , i told him to stfu , it turned out it was one of my sons schoolfriends dad "cringe"
Shouldn't you have been thrown out for swearing in the family stand? :shrug:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Is it possible to go to a game of a team who are not your first choice club? - yes

I don’t recall too many people complaining when I had a season ticket at Withdean and lived abroad.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
That is not unreasonable if you purchase a ST and do not use it at all as there is a waiting list.

So what would you do in my position? - I have a heart problem and don’t know from day to day how fit I’ll be. I apparently can no longer pass on my ST to a relative and the ticket exchange is no good if it closes 2 days before the match.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sorry, on the train and scrolled down for ages bit nothing relevant came up to post on. Been out in Stratford all afternoon for a poker tournament, on my way home, a nightcap in the 3 Grapes near London Bridge, got chatting to a guy outside, talking footy, first thing he says he's a Gooner. Next thing, he's a Brighton season ticket holder. I ask why ? He says Why not? He lives in Eastbourne, and goes to maybe 4 games a season. I didn't quite call him a c**t bearing in mind our waiting list, but in effect I did. His GF claimed his uncle was a long time ST holder as some kind of mitigation. Had to leave and catch the last train home, just wondering how prevalent this kind of shite is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is exactly why i don't like the Premier league, so many hangers on, even saw a pompey fan on FB proclaiming how he used to be an Albion fan, but when it got tough in our dark days he just couldn't hack it, so he fecked off to Fratton.

What a bunch of #twats

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what would you do in my position? - I have a heart problem and don’t know from day to day how fit I’ll be. I apparently can no longer pass on my ST to a relative and the ticket exchange is no good if it closes 2 days before the match.

Obviously pass it on to someone else, I have done

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Sorry, on the train and scrolled down for ages bit nothing relevant came up to post on. Been out in Stratford all afternoon for a poker tournament, on my way home, a nightcap in the 3 Grapes near London Bridge, got chatting to a guy outside, talking footy, first thing he says he's a Gooner. Next thing, he's a Brighton season ticket holder. I ask why ? He says Why not? He lives in Eastbourne, and goes to maybe 4 games a season. I didn't quite call him a c**t bearing in mind our waiting list, but in effect I did. His GF claimed his uncle was a long time ST holder as some kind of mitigation. Had to leave and catch the last train home, just wondering how prevalent this kind of shite is

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Given how many real fans cannot easily gets tickets now, That really sucks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here