Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket holder in waiting

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
I took my 2 year old son to the AMEX this arvo, as he " reads " the programmes after every match and loves waving his flag from the donny match. I told him we were going this morning and every 5 minutes he kept saying "Seagulls football ground daddy?"

When we turned into the stadium his face lit up " wow daddy seagulls football ground!" ( even the wife was impressed and shes p****e!) got him into the club shop and he pointed at every seagull he could see (of which there are plenty) and generally went a bit mental, head clearly blown off shoulders, we left the shop with just a drink bottle which he now carries around like a teddy. Think i may have to think about another season ticket in the future! Result!!:D

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Nice one mate! My boy was 2 in July & the flag has take pride of place on his nursery wall!! Every time I wear anything with the Albion crest on, he points & shouts "Gully!" I haven't been able to take him to the ground yet but I can tell he's gonna be Albion through & through (he hasn't got a choice!!)

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Nice one mate! My boy was 2 in July & the flag has take pride of place on his nursery wall!! Every time I wear anything with the Albion crest on, he points & shouts "Gully!" I haven't been able to take him to the ground yet but I can tell he's gonna be Albion through & through (he hasn't got a choice!!)

good innit!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I proudly gave my grandson a flag from the Donny match, it now adornes his bedroom wall. I gave him the FBS flag too and he was waving it around yesterday. He is only 2 bless him and i am up against his Man United fanactic Dad. ( Although he wants him to have his local team to be his second team) It will take time for the seeds to fruit but there must be thousands of youngsters who have been introduced to Brighton & Hove Albion who now are interested in their local team. Good times!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
i took my 2 year old son to the amex this arvo, as he " reads " the programmes after every match and loves waving his flag from the donny match. I told him we were going this morning and every 5 minutes he kept saying "seagulls football ground daddy?"

when we turned into the stadium his face lit up " wow daddy seagulls football ground!" ( even the wife was impressed and shes p****e!) got him into the club shop and he pointed at every seagull he could see (of which there are plenty) and generally went a bit mental, head clearly blown off shoulders, we left the shop with just a drink bottle which he now carries around like a teddy. Think i may have to think about another season ticket in the future! Result!!:d

MY Nephew :rave::rave::clap::clap::goal::goal:

You've done well Jim, keep up the good work

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Just a word of advice, leave it for as long as possible before taking him to a game. It's difficult to keep under 5's interested for 90 mins and this may put hum off coming again. By the time you finally take him he will be begging you to come and will love it even more. Just saying...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Our son is a Brighton fan - had to turn the house upside down last Tuesday morning as we couldn't find his kit for his Swis Gardens after school football practice, following which I was late to work (it ended up it was already at school in his PE bag)! Its fantastic to see most kids in his little team wearing Brighton even if they call it "Seagulls Brighton" :lol:

No season ticket yet for him, as unfortunately our family business takes precedent at the moment on the weekends, but soon enough, soon enough...

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
not gonna take him for a good while yet, theres a little lad two seats from me probably seven and he gets a bit itchy after a while. Perharps we can teach these little uns old chants so when they get to teenage north stander they can chant some old skool stuff!

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
Ha ha! Not sure how "My old man, said be a Palace fan...." would go down in your household though by the sound of things! It's weird to think that the kids version of Peter Ward will probably be Bobby Z (or even CMS!!) a mate who is further down in the North Stand said he sits near a guy that takes his 3yr old to every game & at the evening KOs, he wraps him up in his coat & the kid just sleeps for the whole game! Bit selfish if you ask me so your right, I'm gonn try & hold off for as long as possible before taking him I think!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Just a word of advice, leave it for as long as possible before taking him to a game. It's difficult to keep under 5's interested for 90 mins and this may put hum off coming again. By the time you finally take him he will be begging you to come and will love it even more. Just saying...

Tell that to my 5 y.o. Grandson who has a season ticket in the WSU or his 2 y.o.brother who went to the Gillingham and Sunderland games with us.They both are enthralled by the whole experience and younger one has to be kept away whilst his older brother is smuggled out of the house every home game.
If they are keen enough they are ready.(and saved from a life of misery supporting QPR,their other grandads team)

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
Took my 3 year old great grandson to the England game last night. He loved it, cheered at all the right places, stood for the anthems and the minutes silence, had a chat with Gully, and was amazed cos there was a 'girl gully' too. One slight problem though was that he insist we were watching the "SEAGULLS GRANDAD". Oh and he went to his first match, a friendly at Worthing when he was 3 weeks old, wearing his first kit! Train em young thats what i say.

I took my 2 year old son to the AMEX this arvo, as he " reads " the programmes after every match and loves waving his flag from the donny match. I told him we were going this morning and every 5 minutes he kept saying "Seagulls football ground daddy?"

When we turned into the stadium his face lit up " wow daddy seagulls football ground!" ( even the wife was impressed and shes p****e!) got him into the club shop and he pointed at every seagull he could see (of which there are plenty) and generally went a bit mental, head clearly blown off shoulders, we left the shop with just a drink bottle which he now carries around like a teddy. Think i may have to think about another season ticket in the future! Result!!:D

Good man!! And hat off to you!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I must have been about 8 when I first went to the Goldstone, and seeing that was thrilling enough.

If I was taken to the Amex at that age, I'd damn near soil myself. As it is, I had to knock one out in the toilets before the Donny game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here