Season Ticket Exchange Scheme - How it could work

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Club have said that non season ticket holders as well as season ticket holders will be issued with smart cards.
If that happens an exchange scheme is really simple - details are just swapped between cards. This is how Arsenal do it.
You log on to your account and say you can't go and your card is deactivated for that game, non season ticket holders who apply for seats this way have their card activated for your seat if they're successful. Simples.
Really hope this happens and the club announces it soon, it'd cheer me up.
Downside for season ticket holders is that there is no guarantee their seat will sell and the scheme will only come into play once general sale is over.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Good idea, but I think the majority of people will pass their card on to a friend/relative and probably won't bother letting the club know if the friend/relative can't go

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Club have said that non season ticket holders as well as season ticket holders will be issued with smart cards.
If that happens an exchange scheme is really simple - details are just swapped between cards. This is how Arsenal do it.
You log on to your account and say you can't go and your card is deactivated for that game, non season ticket holders who apply for seats this way have their card activated for your seat if they're successful. Simples.
Really hope this happens and the club announces it soon, it'd cheer me up.
Downside for season ticket holders is that there is no guarantee their seat will sell and the scheme will only come into play once general sale is over.

I understand deactivation is how it's going to be implemented.

If the purchaser is a first time attendee they will get a paper ticket for the game. A few days later they will receive a smart card to their address and from then on they will have to use the card. I think PSL's (Seat licence holders) will be given first chance to sell their seat.

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
I think PSL's (Seat licence holders) will be given first chance to sell their seat.

Maybe it'll work like this - PSL holders can sell their seat regardless of whether a game is a sell out and whenever they want ie they can sell their seat for last home game of the season now if they want.
Other season ticket holders will have to wait until the exchange scheme opens and that'll be match by match.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Have we been told if / how we can upgrade a child ticket to an adult ticket if a child can't make it to a game, but wants to pass his seat to an older friend / family?

How do they do that at Arsenal?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Have we been told if / how we can upgrade a child ticket to an adult ticket if a child can't make it to a game, but wants to pass his seat to an older friend / family?

How do they do that at Arsenal?

This is what I want to know as some games by kids won't be able to go so want to know how to upgrade.

Surely the simplest way would be to be able to log onto your account online and simple upgrade to adult payment for that game and pay the difference.

Surely the account could register that and adjust accordingly when scanned going into the ground

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I think it's already been answered?

It can be done by contacting the ticket office. The only problem is if you are in the Family Stand without a child in attendance. In that case, the ticket office will try and place the adults in another area of the ground. The more notice you can give the better your chance of getting allocated a different area. The club policy according to Richard Hebbard, 'no adults can enter the family stand unless accompanied by at least one child'

If it's a sellout then :shrug:

I still have not got a straight answer from the club about my situation. Our ST group is one (the adult) and 3 kids. On some occaasions, one of ths kids wont go. Can I make one of our 3 kids tickets an adults? Our group would still consist of 2 adults and 2 kids?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think it's already been answered?

It can be done by contacting the ticket office. The only problem is if you are in the Family Stand without a child in attendance. In that case, the ticket office will try and place the adults in another area of the ground. The more notice you can give the better your chance of getting allocated a different area. The club policy according to Richard Hebbard, 'no adults can enter the family stand unless accompanied by at least one child'

If it's a sellout then :shrug:

Any plans to make it an option online?

Would seem a fairly easy thing to do.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
I still have not got a straight answer from the club about my situation. Our ST group is one (the adult) and 3 kids. On some occaasions, one of ths kids wont go. Can I make one of our 3 kids tickets an adults? Our group would still consist of 2 adults and 2 kids?

From details released it would appear so. Only one kid required to be with you in Family Stand.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
It can be done by contacting the ticket office.

apologies for bumping an old thread but...

do we know if this is the same for senior tickets? can those tickets be upgraded (downgraded???) to an adult ticket for specific games? i assume they can.

i'll be using my parents' tickets next time i visit home...if i can upgrade them of course.

cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports