Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season of failure?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not that easily pleased as I hate losing...Even drawing at home I consider a massive disappointment.

But in the context of the season I think (currently) getting to 7th in the table has been pretty good. As for the away games being "dire" I find that strange as we have only lost 6 all season with only 2 clubs losing less...Those 2 have just been promoted. Also, the Leicester game was one of the finest performances of the last few years...People mention Leicester's "promotion hang-over" but it would not have mattered as they could have put out a fully-fit first team and we still would have blown then away, we were that good.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

I said London clubs away. for example Charlton Boxing day and despite winning 1.0 Millwall away absolutely DIRE.
The three London draws away looked good at the time but not now.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I said London clubs away. for example Charlton Boxing day and despite winning 1.0 Millwall away absolutely DIRE.
The three London draws away looked good at the time but not now.[/QUOTE

So 2 games then. On the whole our away results have been pretty good, the stats back that one up. I will always take at least a draw away from home so all points gained are a positive.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think failure for a few reasons......

being in a play-off position and failing to capitalise
losing winnable games at home
pedestrian, uninteresting football, lacking meaningful entertainment value
failing to sign players who would make a difference, instead settling for second best (Obika, Rodriguez......)

I've not enjoyed the style of football at all and feel we've gone backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here