Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season-defining week (and a bit)?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
- Away to one of the biggest clubs in world football.

- Home against them lot, and rarely has it felt like we are so well-equipped to give them the absolute thrashing they clearly deserve.

- An FA Cup quarter-final, only the fifth in our history, with an incredible chance to progress to a Wembley semi.

What could possibly go wrong?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think you’re right. Been saying similar this week. If we win all three, I think we could go on to do something special this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty sure a fair few referred to the Fulham game as pretty "defining".

Obviously the cup is win or bust, but results in the other two won't define our season, IMO. Fully expecting a turgid 1-1 against THEM, as much as all logic suggests otherwise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Obviously the cup is win or bust, but results in the other two won't define our season, IMO. Fully expecting a turgid 1-1 against THEM, as much as all logic suggests otherwise.
All logic suggests a turgent 1-1 against THEM.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Anything less than 9 points should be viewed as failure.

x1080

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

- Home against them lot, and rarely has it felt like we are so well-equipped to give them the absolute thrashing they clearly deserve.

- An FA Cup quarter-final, only the fifth in our history, with an incredible chance to progress to a Wembley semi.

Lots. But it won't.

We will beat Leeds by a narrow margin, thump Palace by at least 3 and then beat Grimsby comfortably.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
MacAllister and Caicedo sent off against Leeds who win in the last minute, Zaha scores a hat trick whilst we have 3 goals disallowed due to VAR and Grimsby score off both posts and Steele's backside whilst a last minute equaliser is thwarted by an inflatable haddock on the goal line. Our FA Cup and European ambitions are over and relegation becomes a near certainty.
And that's as optimistic as I will allow myself to be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I certainly get that our league situation is recoverable if we limited/no success against Leeds and Palace, but I think the whole vibe around the club can be significantly influenced by this coming week. If it feels like a poor one, particularly if a few other PL results go against us, it could set us on a path to just drift along towards the end of the season.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
MacAllister and Caicedo sent off against Leeds who win in the last minute, Zaha scores a hat trick whilst we have 3 goals disallowed due to VAR and Grimsby score off both posts and Steele's backside whilst a last minute equaliser is thwarted by an inflatable haddock on the goal line. Our FA Cup and European ambitions are over and relegation becomes a near certainty.
And that's as optimistic as I will allow myself to be.
At this point in time I'd take that!!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

Everything - sorry, Everyhting

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I certainly get that our league situation is recoverable if we limited/no success against Leeds and Palace, but I think the whole vibe around the club can be significantly influenced by this coming week. If it feels like a poor one, particularly if a few other PL results go against us, it could set us on a path to just drift along towards the end of the season.
The loss to Fulham has already pricked our bubble pretty badly, IMHO - if this week doesn't go really well I think, as you suggest, we'll just drift through the rest of the season to another top ten finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here