Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Dyche

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Obviously he must have upset some people watching on Sky, but on the BBC match report comes across much more reasonably.

"Burnley manager Sean Dyche:

"Brighton are a good side and they've made a mark for themselves this season by being unbeaten.

"We've opened up enough chances to win the game. But it was a very close game between two even sides I feel.

"The good thing I like about this group is they don't take knocks to heart. They come and react immediately and I thought they did. I thought we were on the front foot for a lot of the game against a good side.
"

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Obviously he must have upset some people watching on Sky, but on the BBC match report comes across much more reasonably.

"Burnley manager Sean Dyche:

"Brighton are a good side and they've made a mark for themselves this season by being unbeaten.

"We've opened up enough chances to win the game. But it was a very close game between two even sides I feel.

"The good thing I like about this group is they don't take knocks to heart. They come and react immediately and I thought they did. I thought we were on the front foot for a lot of the game against a good side.
"

Maybe BBC prefer us more than Sky?
AFTER ALL, one of the first comments the sky commentators made after the game was: "And Hull City are Still top of the Championship..."
The sky Sports news reporters appear to cringe when they have to announce that Brighton are still unbeaten too. Maybe Birmingham can relieve them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The shot hit the crossbar and could have bounced down anywhere. There was a defender there, and as it came back it went through his legs to Zamora.On another day, the defender would have put the ball out for a corner and Zamora would never had had a shot. Of course, on another day, it could have bounced off the defender and in for an OG. And on yet another day, Hemed's shot would have bounced down and in the goal.

I can actually understand him calling it fortuitous.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He could be the first picture on a "Simply Connect" round where the second picture was Scott McGleish....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Wow, some on here are really precious. I thought his comments were pretty accurate, he gave us praise for being a good team and doing a good job, he was correct on the penalty and accurate in stating that they could have won the game in the second half. Whats the issue?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wow, some on here are really precious. I thought his comments were pretty accurate, he gave us praise for being a good team and doing a good job, he was correct on the penalty and accurate in stating that they could have won the game in the second half. Whats the issue?
He was a complete knob and extremely disrespectful of our performance. Much prefer Hughton's style.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think Dyche is a very good manager and will go on to manage much bigger clubs than Burnley. Part of the reason I say that is he acts like many other twits who manage in the Prem by talking his team up when they are poor, by not acknowledging a good performance by the other side, and having an air of superiority. What was worse today was him appealing to Hooper to have one of our players booked, even the players know that is not on, at least the decent characters do.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That was never a penalty Keane was pulling Dunk across the penalty area. Burnley looked decidedly poor we owned them

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I have no issue with the penalty decision. Dunk along with many other centre backs have been getting away with holding in the box for sometime now.Just wish refs would give penalty decisions more often for it. What is more worrying is that Dunk did it again and got away with it, and there was a suggestion in the commentary that managers would speak to refs about these sort of things before matches. Chris tell our back four to cut it out now !!!
Excellent point should shut a few up from other cluba now, restricted them to very few opportunities. Hopfully Baldock will bre back in contention soon.
2 now at home should give us an opportunity to further cement our great start.

Yoda

English & European
Usually quite like him but for some reason he's acting like a deluded tosspot.
"Definite pen-could see it from 60 yards?" Do Behave.
"We dominated them and they were poor going forward, we had lots of chances to win the game".

Compared to Chris' analysis I'm confused as to what he was watching...

You've missed the best one completely. SD said he could see Keane's back. How can he see his back when he would've been looking at his chest/front:
_86820430_rexfeatures_5412186e-1.jpg

The dugouts are just off screen behind Solly.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Happens at every corner in every game in the world. 1 in 1000 are given as pens = ref was a cock munching thunder ****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here