Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Dyche Interview - Did we PARK THE BUS?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Not really, but we did largely render their strike force impotent due to good defending.

At the other end, we did create enough chances to have won the match.

Burnley only seemed to have one tactic (apart from conning an extremely inept referee) which was to drive every ball as hard and low as possible into the box in the hope that someone from either side would get on the end if it. Should have tried some different tactics. Ash made little difference apart from an elbow and the usual dives.

Agreed, they played pinball by asking that fullback to bang volleyed crosses into our box.

Fairly entertaining, but not exactly genius.

Jimmy Grimble

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I think so , I was not there but listening to people and reading reports . Personally I think we are better than that , why do we do it all the time and at home when we are 1-0 up with 15 minutes to go . I would believe Sean more than Nathan to be truthful , still can't believe Nathan got the job ?

He got the job because people at BHA (and Charlton too come to that) who are far more able than you to judge, who are better qualified, understand the role and also have the appropriate perspective decided to employed him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
We parked a bus WITH MISSILES

missiles.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Perhaps he doesn't fully understand the concept of Oscar's 4-5-1 strategy which is a modification of Gus's 4-5-1 system.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
"Burnley boss Sean Dyche claimed the away side’s negative tactical structure from the start was a huge compliment".
We are a negative team with a negative set up and I think we all have to accept that.
We have a good defence, but we concede so few because we create so little going forward.
We will not get promoted unless we start scoring goals (plural). It is that straight forward.
On paper, a point at Burnley seems okay, but we lost ground on the top 6, so a draw is not good enough.
Leicester who we beat 3 v 1, have won eight on the trot whilst we have won 3. They have scored 51 goals, we have scored 30, 3 less than Shef Wed in 20th position.
We are 23 points behind the leaders because we play a negative game and dont look to score more goals than the opposition.
It frustrates me no end, because there is quality in the team, but until we change our system and set up in a way that will create us more scoring chances, we will never achieve promotion.
An interesting stat from last night's games was that one Championship side had 37 attempts on goal. Not surprisingly it was Derby County. That's more shots on goal in one game than we've had in our last three league games.
Says it all really.
It's not rocket science to appreciate that to win games you have to score more goals than the opposition, so let's see an emphasis on scoring goals as opposed to keeping blank sheets

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"Burnley boss Sean Dyche claimed the away side’s negative tactical structure from the start was a huge compliment".
We are a negative team with a negative set up and I think we all have to accept that.
We have a good defence, but we concede so few because we create so little going forward.
We will not get promoted unless we start scoring goals (plural). It is that straight forward.
On paper, a point at Burnley seems okay, but we lost ground on the top 6, so a draw is not good enough.
Leicester who we beat 3 v 1, have won eight on the trot whilst we have won 3. They have scored 51 goals, we have scored 30, 3 less than Shef Wed in 20th position.
We are 23 points behind the leaders because we play a negative game and dont look to score more goals than the opposition.
It frustrates me no end, because there is quality in the team, but until we change our system and set up in a way that will create us more scoring chances, we will never achieve promotion.
An interesting stat from last night's games was that one Championship side had 37 attempts on goal. Not surprisingly it was Derby County. That's more shots on goal in one game than we've had in our last three league games.
Says it all really.
It's not rocket science to appreciate that to win games you have to score more goals than the opposition, so let's see an emphasis on scoring goals as opposed to keeping blank sheets

I will do no such thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed, they played pinball by asking that fullback to bang volleyed crosses into our box.

Fairly entertaining, but not exactly genius.

Best full back in the division according to Warren Aspinall last night, they also have the best goalkeeper according to him as well.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Says it all really.

All I can get from that is that because other teams are better than us and some score more, we are negative?
We are creating chances, we're just not finishing them. We go into every game looking to win. Many teams don't do this. We always make attacking substitutions, no matter what the score is or who we are playing. I really cannot understand how you can call us negative?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
From a Burnley fan:

Result about right. Certainly Brighton played the more attractive football punctuated with needless theatrics. Of the two teams on show tonight Brighton looked the promotion candidates.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Yeah cos Sean Dyche got his away tactics spot on at our place didn't he? Sour grapes springs to mind.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
He is just frustrated - Most teams come to the Amex and park the bus - Its called tactics. We had just as many chances as them by the sounds of it.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
How could they not beat a parked bus when they had Ashley Barnes ?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Parked the bus no. Well organised, snuffed out the goal threat of Ings (very clever player, destined for the premier league) broke when we could, 2 great chances Lua Lua first half, Orlandi late 2nd half. One glaring miss from Burnley, great performances from Koosh, Upson, and Andrews. Home at 5am this morning due to Junctions 14-13 on M^ being closed. I expect those that went by bus and the players were even later. Interesting rumour/speculation doing the rounds, that we have rejected a substanial bid from Sunderland for Bridders and Buckers and that Cardiff may have moved the goalposts on Conway.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Can I ask some questions to any one that was at the game?

Did we at any time do the following?

At a throw in, did we change our mind six times about who was going to take it, during this time drop the ball a few times? Then once we have decided who is taking it, he looks around as if there is not a team mate within about a mile of him, until the ref tells him to get on with it?

During a goal kick, did Thomasz slowly as he could pick the ball up, Check his boots multiple times for any tiny piece of mud, bashing them against the posts, before putting the down ball in multiple places, then search for his missing players again before the ref tell him to get on with it?

Did we take every opportunity to go down and get a free kick, then do a similar procedure to the throw in?

When we made changes, did our players walk off the pitch slower than an 80 year old who has just had two hips replaced?

If we did none of the above then Sean Dyche can naff off.

I have lost count the number of teams that has done this at the Amex this season, when they have been drawing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here