Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Dyche Interview - Did we PARK THE BUS?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The radio commentary and the stats seem to suggest that this is far from the truth

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So, after a thorough analysis based on the opinions of the good folk of NSC (and beyond) we can conclude that Mr. Dyche is full of shit.

Good. Thread closed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We were by FAR the dirtiest team though, or the ref was a homer, 16 Brighton fouls to Burnley's 7

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
The next thread on there http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111608437 is on repetitive diving which also involves us, not being at the game i wouldn't know whether we dived or not but we were at it all night. Other comments are "Un-English" and most unpleasant team along with leeds, "won't be playing them next season". All pretty laughable if they balls it up, as in not getting automatic promotion and we all know going through the play-offs is a lottery ???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We were by FAR the dirtiest team though, or the ref was a homer, 16 Brighton fouls to Burnley's 7

Ref was a homer, according to Johnny and Warren, who are usually only a little bit biased.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Best full back in the division according to Warren Aspinall last night, they also have the best goalkeeper according to him as well.

Plus we had OJ playing up front. You can hardly blame the referee for giving him nothing, after that outrageous trial decision a few years back.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The ref was ****ing shit.

He was useless rather than biased though. He could have given some fouls when Leo was being challenged by their big centre halves, but equally Leo did make a meal of things at times, and was booked for arm waving and moaning rather than anything else.

Crap ref didn't disguise a pretty forgettable match, but a decent point away from home.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sean Dyche was only saying what all managers say when they don't win...'they parked the bus'...'our player bought down their forward...I didn't see it happen,my view was blocked'....'Their defender upended our player who was through on goal...he should've been sent off for that...'
he has to tell the Home supporters an excuse why they didn't win...
You didn't win...get over it!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I saw no evidence that we parked the bus deliberately, nor did I see deliberate time-wasting. Spanish Dave did take forever to get to the side of the pitch when being subbed, but I put that down to him showing dissent to Oscar, which is no bad thing for a player to show when being subbed if he doesn't think he should be coming off. of course, in this case, Oscar was right to sub him.

We did however end up defending for long periods of the game. That was simply them having a strategy of pinging the ball about quickly and trying to get Vokes to lay it off for Ings.

So - park the bus? No. We went to try to win. They just did a pretty good job of ensuring that we had few opportunities to apply pressure. Could we have nicked it? Sure, but as Nathan correctly observed that would have been harsh on Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here