Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seamus Coleman

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Watched the game last night. Ridiculous challenge from Taylor but not malicious imo. Things seemed to go up a notch after Bale made a rash tackle on O'Shea in the Republic of Ireland penalty area a few minutes earlier. Listening to the after match punditry/post match interviews I lost count of the number of times various individuals said Taylor 'wasn't that type of player'. Well he is now. As others have said, hopefully Coleman can make a full recovery. He's a fine player.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Yes it is an awful challenge and thoughts are with Coleman for a speedy recovery and yet you have to spare a thought for Taylor. I'm sure he never went into the challenge with any malice and now he has to live the the consequences of being rash. I really can't see him being the same player again.
I'm not defending Taylor in anyway but in the future this will always be on his mind when defending.
As I said earlier let's hope Coleman can come back from this horrific injury.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Odd, seem to recall the welsh being the greatest team in world football last summer.

I guess they can all go back to supportin England next year.

Bale should have been sent off as well and if he was we wouldn't have seen that challenge

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here