Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
$57

Just because you don't know what it is for, doesn't mean it doesn't (or didn't) exist.
Not suggesting that but doesn't look like an overseas package to me.

It's £110 for a start or per game.

The point again, what would you use it for ?

.. One pre-season friendly ? That's all you would get as an overseas fan.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sure the overseas option was advertised and I think it is meant to provide streams of away games ? Might be wrong on that.

However, I'd be a little worried about it now if I was subscribing as it seems a little uncertain what it will actually deliver ???
That was the PR from the EFL.

Championships are now streaming abroad live for the first time by the league, unless picked up Sky for instance.

We got promoted last year but our website just missed the play offs hoping for better luck next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no idea why you don't want to believe there was/is an option for an overseas Seagulls TV pass. Why would the club specifically state that the Madrid match would only be available to overseas fans? There was an overseas option, and I purchased it. But hey ho.

That's all very punchy. I'm not sure why. Anyway...

The reason the Madrid game could be available to overseas fans is exactly the same reason that FL clubs offer away game streaming only to overseas fans alone: because they don't want to cannibalise the sale of tickets to attend the game.

I'm not refusing to believe there is or was an overseas package but what would it offer that U.K. fans don't get? The streaming of a single pre-season friendly?

You don't seem able to present any proof that there is an overseas package not what it would offer beyond what U.K. fans get.

So I'm not disbelieving you. I'm hypothesising that we use the same platform as football league clubs, that it was rolled out in a bit of a hurry, and the Albion skinned version of a vanilla product looked like there was an overseas package until someone realised that we can't offer much (if anything) to overseas fans that UK fans get and it was adjusted.

I'm not calling you a liar, liar, pants are on fire but please show me the Albion equivalent of the c£120 overseas package that football league clubs have.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure the overseas option was advertised and I think it is meant to provide streams of away games ? Might be wrong on that.

However, I'd be a little worried about it now if I was subscribing as it seems a little uncertain what it will actually deliver ???

Overseas rights to PL games are sold for big money. I don't believe any PL club could stream them live as a result.

Meanwhile in the Football League the same isn't true, meaning that overseas fans can watch live games for quite a modest payment.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The reason the Madrid game could be available to overseas fans is exactly the same reason that FL clubs offer away game streaming only to overseas fans alone: because they don't want to cannibalise the sale of tickets to attend the game.

I'm sure that you are correct in this supposition.

I'm not refusing to believe there is or was an overseas package but what would it offer that U.K. fans don't get? The streaming of a single pre-season friendly?

Possibly - that's the only reason I purchased it, rather than the UK version. But you would have to ask that question of iFollow/the club for a definitive answer.

You don't seem able to present any proof that there is an overseas package not what it would offer beyond what U.K. fans get.

The fact that the club publically stated that only "..our subscribers outside the UK" would be able to watch the Madrid friendly on Seagulls TV would seem to me pretty strong evidence that there was (as of July 13) an overseas pass.

So I'm not disbelieving you. I'm hypothesising that we use the same platform as football league clubs, that it was rolled out in a bit of a hurry, and the Albion skinned version of a vanilla product looked like there was an overseas package until someone realised that we can't offer much (if anything) to overseas fans that UK fans get and it was adjusted.

I suspect that, once again, you are exactly right in this supposition, ergo there was an overseas Seagulls TV pass as of July 13 and I purchased it (I have no idea if it still exists).

I'm not calling you a liar, liar, pants are on fire but please show me the Albion equivalent of the c£120 overseas package that football league clubs have.

Why? I have no idea if such a thing exists, and even less interest in whether such a thing exists. But there WAS an overseas Seagulls TV pass, and I purchased a subscription to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure that you are correct in this supposition.

Possibly - that's the only reason I purchased it, rather than the UK version. But you would have to ask that question of iFollow/the club for a definitive answer.

The fact that the club publically stated that only "..our subscribers outside the UK" would be able to watch the Madrid friendly on Seagulls TV would seem to me pretty strong evidence that there was (as of July 13) an overseas pass.

I suspect that, once again, you are exactly right in this supposition, ergo there was an overseas Seagulls TV pass as of July 13 and I purchased it (I have no idea if it still exists).

Why? I have no idea if such a thing exists, and even less interest in whether such a thing exists. But there WAS an overseas Seagulls TV pass, and I purchased a subscription to it.

I think you purchased the same package as Albion fans living in the U.K. but you paid in local currency.

I believe we have an identical chance of watching the friendly on Sunday, you with your (seemingly non-existent currently) overseas package from Arizona and me with my UK package from Florida.

That chance is pretty small based on the track record of the club and their partners thus far this pre-season.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think you purchased the same package as Albion fans living in the U.K. but you paid in local currency.

Wow. Okay.

I believe we have an identical chance of watching the friendly on Sunday, you with your (seemingly non-existent currently) overseas package from Arizona and me with my UK package from Florida.

That chance is pretty small based on the track record of the club and their partners thus far this pre-season.

I wouldn't disagree with you there (because it wouldn't surprise me if the club have, indeed, now done away with the distinction between the overseas and UK season pass).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I'm not worried at all.

I was a subscriber to Seagulls Player last season (using a UK address and UK bank details), primarily to get live coverage of the U-23 and FA Youth Cup games. I would have continued to subscribe this season for exactly the same reasons. If I had subscribed to the UK pass I would have paid £45.

As it is, I selected the overseas pass option and paid $57, which is about £43 currently.

So, effectively I've subscribed to Seagulls TV at a slightly lower rate than my UK counterparts.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow. Okay.

I wouldn't disagree with you there (because it wouldn't surprise me if the club have, indeed, now done away with the distinction between the overseas and UK season pass).
We are now relying on you to attempt to watch the game and fail.

.. I'd just love to see the iFail (sorry ifollow) reaction.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Atletico game is supposed to be live for me on Seagulls TV but as I live in Spain it will be available on GOL tv free to air.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wow. Okay.

I'm not sure what you're wow-ing about. You've long since proven yourself to be one of the most precise and factually aware people on NSC.

You've paid the same as all UK subscribers, give or take, and you don't seem aware of any benefit you have beyond being able to watch this week's friendly, which is what the club seem to be saying is available to all subscribers so long a they present a non-UK IP address at the point of viewing.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Asked Insider a question regarding this and here is his reply regarding the clubs position .

It is fair to say we have had some teething problems - and I am sorry you were not able to view the game on Seagulls TV. Last night we were badly let down by the Spanish broadcaster employed by Girona, who despite assuring us we would receive the feed without any major issues, let both us and Sky Sports News down (although we have had an apology this morning). Hugely irritating, and disappointing, given we were able to stream the game (albeit rather crudely) via an iPad and a mobile phone!
On Saturday, the stream worked, just not via the app, which was due to an issue with the backend, which has been resolved. I am no techie, but it was because there were two streams (one for Albion fans anywhere in the world, one for Norwich fans, but only external of the UK - which was Norwich's choice) and the two streams confused the app as it only expected to connect to one.
With regard to Crawley and Southend, both these games worked via the Android app and website browsers - the Apple app was awaiting clearance via Apple's Store. That is now live and I fully expect that Sunday's game against Madrid will be working across all platforms, subject to the minimum browser requirements listed on the website, but please note it is only available to IP addresses outside of the UK. And note, Safari does not work with live streams of Seagulls TV, only the on-demand content.
For background:

There is a very complex chain with a stream. It usually works like this for games in the UK:
Club films > ADI takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Across all games, club, ADI, InCrowd have been on their A game. The issue for the app on Saturday was a Neulion issue - and InCrowd were unable to up the stream (it was essentially different to all the test modes, as explained above).

Last night was slightly different.
Spanish broadcasters (appointed by Girona) films AND takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Except they didn't send it to broadcasters or Neulion... Annoyingly, this set up worked perfectly with Austrian / German broadcasters for the Düsseldorf game - German efficiency I guess!?

In summary, it is incredibly frustrating, when three of the four links in the chain were working, only to be let down by one!

To request a refund, you would need to email iFollow support. ifollow@efl.com.

# 2 To clarify, when I say Crawley etc worked, we are aware that those with certain browser still had problems. We are aware many had issues depending on what hardware/software they were using and have advised which browsers users have had issues with, and are asking Neulion, Realise and EFL Digital to provide a definitive list of the supported browsers. We are aware of the issue with Safari, which doesn't support the live stream.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Asked Insider a question regarding this and here is his reply regarding the clubs position .

It is fair to say we have had some teething problems - and I am sorry you were not able to view the game on Seagulls TV. Last night we were badly let down by the Spanish broadcaster employed by Girona, who despite assuring us we would receive the feed without any major issues, let both us and Sky Sports News down (although we have had an apology this morning). Hugely irritating, and disappointing, given we were able to stream the game (albeit rather crudely) via an iPad and a mobile phone!
On Saturday, the stream worked, just not via the app, which was due to an issue with the backend, which has been resolved. I am no techie, but it was because there were two streams (one for Albion fans anywhere in the world, one for Norwich fans, but only external of the UK - which was Norwich's choice) and the two streams confused the app as it only expected to connect to one.
With regard to Crawley and Southend, both these games worked via the Android app and website browsers - the Apple app was awaiting clearance via Apple's Store. That is now live and I fully expect that Sunday's game against Madrid will be working across all platforms, subject to the minimum browser requirements listed on the website, but please note it is only available to IP addresses outside of the UK. And note, Safari does not work with live streams of Seagulls TV, only the on-demand content.
For background:

There is a very complex chain with a stream. It usually works like this for games in the UK:
Club films > ADI takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Across all games, club, ADI, InCrowd have been on their A game. The issue for the app on Saturday was a Neulion issue - and InCrowd were unable to up the stream (it was essentially different to all the test modes, as explained above).

Last night was slightly different.
Spanish broadcasters (appointed by Girona) films AND takes feed and sends onto broadcasters and Neulion > Neulion streams > Realise publish stream on web / InCrowd publish stream on the app.

Except they didn't send it to broadcasters or Neulion... Annoyingly, this set up worked perfectly with Austrian / German broadcasters for the Düsseldorf game - German efficiency I guess!?

In summary, it is incredibly frustrating, when three of the four links in the chain were working, only to be let down by one!

To request a refund, you would need to email iFollow support. ifollow@efl.com.

# 2 To clarify, when I say Crawley etc worked, we are aware that those with certain browser still had problems. We are aware many had issues depending on what hardware/software they were using and have advised which browsers users have had issues with, and are asking Neulion, Realise and EFL Digital to provide a definitive list of the supported browsers. We are aware of the issue with Safari, which doesn't support the live stream.

That's not quite true because I had problems with some games and not others, but using Chrome on a desktop. Logging in was a problem at first, but got over that, and then had exactly the same problem with the next game.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
The club gave me ifollow@efl.com - they have just e-mailed me back that my subscription has been stopped (I didn't subscribe - I paid a £45 one off fee), but 'there are no refunds, promotions, or compensation for services rendered'.
They will be hearing from me again..............

Odd - I received a paypal refund at the same time as an email from them, a couple of days after asking my request... Just insist, they really haven't got a leg to stand on IMO.

They had live 6 matches matches to deliver on, and from what I understand nearly all of them have been a total failure. Imagine going to the cinema to watch a film and it not playing on the big screen...and then going back again and again. It's unthinkable!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What about the Crawley and Dusseldorf friendlies? We had trouble accessing them too. Crawley being a League club which would be covered by the same restriction as Norwich, but Dusseldorf was abroad as per Girona.
I think I managed 70 mins of Dusseldorf and only the second half of Crawley.
Thanks that interesting. I'm amazed that a supposed experienced (cough) provider like neuLion has made such a mess of the rights or been unable to advise on them.

What the **** were they doing with these pre-season friendlies ?

Informing the other team that they couldn't broadcast to the UK because of rights whilst the other team (us) were free to.

Why do I care ? Work in the TV industry and do a fair bit of work of work around rights.

This is looking very very amateur.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Here it is: ifollow@efl.com

They replied quite promptly and refunded me. Annoying as I like the interviews etc, but just not worth the money anymore for me.

Doesn't seem to be as easy for me. They have asked me the following questions;;

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have encountered.

Please provide the information below as best you can in order for us to quickly assist you:
- What is the exact issue you are experiencing?
- What device are you using?
- If using a mobile device, are your location settings enabled?
- Are you using Wi-Fi or cellular?
- We would need the results of our http://t1.re/ test that gives us network information, public IP, and the server you are trying to reach.
- Are you having the same issues with free and Premium content?

Thank you for providing this follow up information. We look forward to resolving your issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here