Seagulls Player. Worth every penny?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
Glad to see I am getting good value for money. Still no highlights and excellent faultless coverage on match days. (Thanks BBC):laugh:

-gully-

The Flux Capacitor
Nov 7, 2009
Shrewsbury
I live in Cyprus and use it for the commentary and most of all the Highlights as I do not get to see them any other way. Its more than just a little bit infuriating. I sit up till nearly midnight listening to the game and get rewarded with a shoddy service.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Opps, better mege mine with this.... was just gettign annoyed that the highlights are still not up. Otherwise player has been fine

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I live in Cyprus and use it for the commentary and most of all the Highlights as I do not get to see them any other way. Its more than just a little bit infuriating. I sit up till nearly midnight listening to the game and get rewarded with a shoddy service.

Greek or (whispering as it doesn't exist) Turkish side?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Hang on a bit - only a couple of weeks ago everyone was raving about player.

First cock up of the season with match footage and suddenly everyone hates it again.

Typical NSC i suppose.

Personally, I think it's a superb improvement on the previous years, and is well worth a quid a week for Poyet's interviews alone. Everything else is an added bonus.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's usually very good, almost always has highlights on the site before the BBC. In fact most matches it's on EXACTLY 1 day after kick off. Considering the highlights can be up to 7 minutes long, you can't really compare to the Beeb.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It's usually very good, almost always has highlights on the site before the BBC. In fact most matches it's on EXACTLY 1 day after kick off. Considering the highlights can be up to 7 minutes long, you can't really compare to the Beeb.

Fine if you live in t he UK... useless if you don't

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
Charlton Player haven't got highlights up either.

It's obviously a Player-thing, not a Seagull-Player thing.

No idea who controls this.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It has been vastly better than before but it was annoying that the commentary went awol against Charlton as that is really all I am paying for - first time this season and yes I know it was supposedly weather conditions but no refund when it fails so it's still once too many.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
We get royally shafted! Most clubs give circa 20 minutes highlights. Charlton give their fans the whole game!(home). We get 5 minutes if we are lucky. :(

You are hardly getting shafted. If you want to watch the entire Charlton game, for example, you have the option of logging on via their website. If the commentary fails, which isn't is often as people make out, you can click over to the oppositions (Charltons was working fine). I have never seen Noone play, but I can log on via Plymouth and watch their seasons highlights. etc.

Granted, it may not be perfect, but for as little money as it costs, I think it is a great deal. Don't know what I'd do on match day without it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We get royally shafted! Most clubs give circa 20 minutes highlights. Charlton give their fans the whole game!(home). We get 5 minutes if we are lucky. :(

We can access all those other highlights too.

I wouldn't need player if I lived in Brighton (I'd be at every match) but as an exile, of sorts, its invaluable to me and well worth the money.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I used to be Seagulls World's sternest critic. But now, with Player's extended match highlights, all those video interviews, plus archive footage AND - amazingly - identical access to ANY other club's content and live commentary, I seriously can't think of anything in football better worth far less than a quid a week.

And for any Albion fan living abroad, getting Seagulls Player is an absolute no-brainer.

[Still don't understand why Player can't update teamsheets to show substitutions during a game though.... They always used to on Seagulls World]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You are hardly getting shafted. If you want to watch the entire Charlton game, for example, you have the option of logging on via their website. If the commentary fails, which isn't is often as people make out, you can click over to the oppositions (Charltons was working fine). I have never seen Noone play, but I can log on via Plymouth and watch their seasons highlights. etc.

Granted, it may not be perfect, but for as little money as it costs, I think it is a great deal. Don't know what I'd do on match day without it.

Value for money, sure. But I was referring to the amount of highlights other fans being mostly superior in length to ours. Charlton for example you can view every home game for the entire 90 minutes a few days after. Maybe this will be addressed when we move into the Amex.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Indeed. But I don't wish to watch Charlton v Walsall!!

You can check out Craig Noone's contribution to Plymouths season, or watch palace scuff the ball about in their latest defeat. Its all good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports