Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Player Extended Highlights - Leicester

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The people responsible for player are just useless. The picture quality is terrible and for it not be compatible with iOS devices is just unforgivable in this day and age.

I watch all the player highlights on my iPad2, via the player tab on the FL app.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Absolute disgrace. Here is an uncompressed screen capture for people who can't look. Goldstone rapper has given us video from the 80s that is clearer than that.

zbYGj3.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Only? very stong beliefs there, Mark. Are you sure?

And yeah, it's awful. I watched earlier, it wasn't a potatoe, it was a rotten onion.

Hmm. The use of vegetables and foodstuffs in general for filming is new to me. But maybe that explains the concept of spaghetti westerns.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yet another reason to reach the Premier League. All this Player crap is consigned to the toilet, where it belongs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I found this out the other day when I wanted to download it on my new phone. Instead I Googled The Football League and on their website is an Android app link.

I just went to their website and the link goes to the play store, 'item not found'. I've emailed the football league to see what's going on.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I can watch the highlights, but cannot listen to the commentary through the app. Unless I am being extraordinarily dim, which wouldn't be the first time I've :ffsparr: myself on here.

If you have your iPhone/IPad etc on silent or vibrate the sound won't work. I had to switch it to loud for it to work, maybe this is the case for you.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not defending it, but the workflow for filming and editing 4K files isn't easy, and a lot of monitors don't support it. Apart from future proofing there's literally no point in shooting and editing in 4K if everyone watches it in 2K.

That being said the quality is shit on player. A decent HD camera would have sorted it. A couple of EX1's shooting 1920x1080 at 25fps is AMPLE and really not that expensive. If you can upload HD to youtube without a hassle then the player servers should be able to manage it without compressing it to shit.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The fl have replied to my query:

Thank you for your email.

The app has been removed from Google play due to the known issues with live commentary.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Amanda Craig
Customer Services Administrator
The Football League Limited

Completely unsatisfactory as premier advised me to watch highlights on the app as I was having problems on my tablet.

The fl have replied to my query:

Thank you for your email.

The app has been removed from Google play due to the known issues with live commentary.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Amanda Craig
Customer Services Administrator
The Football League Limited

Completely unsatisfactory as premier advised me to watch highlights on the app as I was having problems on my tablet.

Genius. What an absolute shower of shit.

Anyway, the reason I thought to update this thread was yet another example of Player-based incompetence. My subscription recently expired (and I'd removed the auto-renewal), but I was thinking about re-subscribing. So I get an email at 10PM last night offering me £10 off a new subscription. I click the link just now, to be taken to a "Sorry, this offer has expired.". Less than TWELVE HOURS after sending the email. How long was the bloody thing available for then?

On a side note, that was before I realised that they'd pulled the app. There's not a cat in hell's chance of me re-subscribing without the app. Absolutely shocking service all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here