Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls over Spain

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Hello Boroseagull, Have lived in Pinos de Alhaurin from January 2001 till October 2008 and still have property there,tho am back in UK now. My first match was in September 1953 Bournmouth away, Favourite player Jimmy Langley; Amazing how many Seagull supporters are in Spain and tho we were neighbours have most possibly never met.How many more of us will be coming out of the woodwork...

Hola Midfield General.....small world isn't it? I live in Calle Ronda on Pinos de Alhaurin, but only been here since 2011, before that was up in the mountains in Yunquera. I bet as lads we stood with our dads behind the north goal, noses pressed up to the white wicket fence with our hero's before us. Jim was a great player, Eric Gill my personal idol, Des Tennant, Alec South, Bert Adinall, 'Flash' Gordon & all the other Albion greats. It's strange how this memory crosses the mind today as it's 39 years ago to the day that my father died. It's thanks to him my love of 'The Albion' & football in general carry on. Great to hear from you & thanks for the response.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm not that far from you,albeit over the border in France

126 miles as the crow flies,alot longer by road mind you

350km (4 hours)

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
[MENTION=14532]Spanish Seagull[/MENTION]
We have a "puente" in Navarra at the end of the month so we'll be in Barcelona 29 Nov - 3 Dec.

Russ

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Greetings from Barcelona.
I have the feeling I am the only Seagulls fan around this great city.....unless someone knows better.
Would be great if we could form our own group & maybe organize a meet someday.
SS :bigwave:

You won't be the only Barca Seagull in Feb, just booked flights for the Gf 's Xmas pressy! What's it like in feb? Any must see's / do's?!

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
[MENTION=26086]basque seagull[/MENTION]
Not been to Vitoria yet so I'll give you a shout when we're coming! Have you been to see Alaves? Even though they are in the third tier now, they brought a lot of fans to play against Osasuna B. I was driving near the stadium and was amazed to see a flood of blue and white stripes! Let me know if you come to Pamplona.

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
I'm in Benalmadena quite a lot. John Crumplin has a bar on Fuinguerola seafront, and I was talking to some golfers in Co Co's who said a good drinking buddy of there's was Tony Grealish. They wanted some dirt on him to wind him up, I of course have none but told them how he wore a head band out at Wembley in 83. They were unaware of this and were greatly amused.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm in Benalmadena quite a lot. John Crumplin has a bar on Fuinguerola seafront, and I was talking to some golfers in Co Co's who said a good drinking buddy of there's was Tony Grealish. They wanted some dirt on him to wind him up, I of course have none but told them how he wore a head band out at Wembley in 83. They were unaware of this and were greatly amused.

Is the doggy east end pub still going cant remember the name it was featured on the uk tv showing English gangster on costa crime.:facepalm::guns::drink:a did a good Sunday roast

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Still very much toying with idea of moving, have visited Javea twice in past few months and going back again in Feb to see what it's like in mid winter (ghost town?) The thing preventing us is we'd probably need to "cash in" here and a bit worried about ever being able to get back

Mate of mine moved to Javea about 10 years ago, and visited him many times, some of those in the winter, and it was a ghost town. He has since moved on so have not been there in winter since about 2006 so it may well have livened up.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Mate of mine moved to Javea about 10 years ago, and visited him many times, some of those in the winter, and it was a ghost town. He has since moved on so have not been there in winter since about 2006 so it may well have livened up.

Hopefully improved, but we'll soon find out

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Is the doggy east end pub still going cant remember the name it was featured on the uk tv showing English gangster on costa crime.:facepalm::guns::drink:a did a good Sunday roast

Hi Birdman, interesting, I'm not sure what pub you mean, as I can think of a few, Scuds, Cherries, Antons, ect.....I know a few of the guys in that 'Gangsters Wive's' production. There all mainly back in Brighton now, recession's hit hard there as u know, even for our 'loveable rogues':lolol::lolol::lolol:

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Bouncing this thread up to see if any more Seagulls Over Spain emerge. Left the cold winter of Pamplona behind and now living in Mataro, just up the coast from Barcelona.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here