Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls on Holiday

Godzilla

Mar 13, 2005
Telscombe Cliffs
How many albion supporters wear their shirts whilst on holiday?
I met a fellow albion supporter at a red sea resort in Egypt!
Whilst in middle of the great pyramid in Cairo, a Bristol City supporter could not believe he struggled down into the tomb at the centre of the pyramid only to come face to face with a Brigton and Hove Albion shirt, he said it was the last thing he wanted to see again!:lolol:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Tthere's nothing worse than seeing people wear their football shirts whilst on holiday.....Scummy...... but that's my opinion.

:nono:

I wore the Palookaville one on a couple of occasions in New Zealand recently, which created a couple of conversations. In New York a couple of years back, people came up and spoke to me about the Skint logo on the shirts as they all seemed to know about FBS etc.

Football is the Global game.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Ding Dong ! said:
Tthere's nothing worse than seeing people wear their football shirts whilst on holiday.....Scummy...... but that's my opinion.

I agree with you there BUT I did wear my palookaville in Antigua a few months ago. Its not an obvious footy shirt in my book and it looks the dogs.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I wore my new seagulls home shirt to Cyprus october last year. and met Micky Adams in a bar over there!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I went to Florida last year all you saw Brits in was football shirts, whether it be premiership, championship or league clubs.

I think its a bit chavvy now to wear a football shirt abroad if you are not going for football purposes, unless you are in a pub watching a Brighton game of course.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
See-Goals said:
I agree with you there BUT I did wear my palookaville in Antigua a few months ago. Its not an obvious footy shirt in my book and it looks the dogs.

Cool, I might then just air my Palookaville shirt in Barbados in June.....What a scumbag I am.:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wore the stripes in Cyprus last year in a bar, watching England v Switzerland in the Euro's. Fell in with a group of Bristol Rovers fans who bought me drinks all night in thanks for the Playoff Final - you'd have thought I'd scored the winning goal, they treated me like a HERO
:lolol:

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Ding Dong ! said:

Well stuff your opinion where the monkey puts his nut shells, Dear Boy! Your username obviously came naturally. How bloody snobby can you get?

I've worn a selection of Albion and England shirts abroad in warm climates for years. My wife, who thinks that "football is a load of berks kicking a ball about", packs them as sensible holiday wear. They are bright, light, cool (as in temperature) and hand wash easily.

I have also worn a succession of Club tracksuits whilst travelling by plane. They are ideal cabin wear.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I'm with you WW. I always take loads of brighton tops away with me. I am proud to support Brighton and thus am more than happy to parade the colours whilst I am away. It is also a good way to make new buddies and find out how interesting other people who follow the albion. I met someone in Noosa a few weeks back and he has not seen the albion for 40 years which is also where he met his wife. There love of the albion was amazing considering that they live in Melbourne and they were both wearing play off final shirts:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
always , whenever i go abroad (not very often i might add) i ALWAYS wear either a Brighton or an England top - without fail

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
Always like wearing my stripes abroad. Can be a good way of bumping into other football supporters, however, bumping right into a Palace fan in Florida last year wasn't planned :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Talking of Palace fans, the year before last I went to Cape Town for a hockey tour, one of the teams we played brought along some supporters to the ground. Amongst these supporters I heard an English accent which turned out to be a couple from Crawley who, you have guessed it were Palace fans out there on holiday. As if that wasn't enough, a group of us went up Table Mountain to watch the sunset and who should we bump into, yes it was them again, you don't just find scum in the bath!!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Alwaysused to wear..but now i am ample of belly and feel a berk with the shirt stretched tightly over my ample proportions. That said the junior Milkins (x3) always take and wear footie shorts on hols.

Mrs Milkins despairs of me as I always shout acknowledgement to anyone in the famous stripes. this has happenned in:

Florida last year

Costa Blanca the year before

Well to be honest it almost always occurs. I think it is great to say hello and have a little chat.
I will be in Corfus (north of the island) this year 1-15 August so will i be seeing one of you!!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Waterhall Wizard said:
Well stuff your opinion where the monkey puts his nut shells, Dear Boy! Your username obviously came naturally. How bloody snobby can you get?

I've worn a selection of Albion and England shirts abroad in warm climates for years. My wife, who thinks that "football is a load of berks kicking a ball about", packs them as sensible holiday wear. They are bright, light, cool (as in temperature) and hand wash easily.

I have also worn a succession of Club tracksuits whilst travelling by plane. They are ideal cabin wear.

Tracky bottoms as well........nice....or is it a shell suit. Hey pal everyones different and entitled to their own opinions.

And you can stick your shell suit up your kyber. :lolol:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Bumped into a Bristol City supporter at the Queen Victoria Building in Sydney a few months after the playoff final. Both of us wearing colours, of course.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here