Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls lotto

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
After a gruelling hour at uni friend and I thought we deserved a pint or two anyway as we finished second said pint we were approached by a young man with an iPad and Fred the lottery people who asked me to press enter and start the draw someone from Worthing way won and you can thank me!

I spent some time chatting to Fred 83 (iirc) and has been working at the club since 1970's.

Lovely day meet Fred, saw DK, MP, RH had a few pints, stayed dry and enjoyed a busy bar.

It's THE place to be. My friend was very impressed and wants to go again.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Nice story, but It's the "gruelling hour at uni" bit I liked!!

Made me chuckle too, " a gruelling hour" ill get back to complete my nine hours a day in a s**t job job that I hate but work very hard in for a company that do not appreciate me, now

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I have been doing the lottery now for many many months and do £2 a week. Still haven't won even £20 but I guess that's the nature of it being a lottery.

I did get an email saying I could get a free replica shirt if I paid upfront for 12 months tho.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Seagulls Lotto fucks me off.

a) People from Brighton NEVER win it. It's always Worthing, Eastbourne, Haywards Heath, Littlehampton or some other bloody awful place.

b) The prize is now far too small. I've played for quite a long time and there used to be only a few hundred players. Now, from looking at the registration numbers, there are a good 2,000. A £1,000 prize plus a few £20s is pitiful.

I'm considering withdrawing my £1 a week.

There has been 1 winner from Haywards Heath....of any prize. Ever! :angry:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Ok, it was just an example. But look at all the recent winners of the top prize:

Burgess Hill
Hailsham
Yate (what the f***?)
Goring
Woodingdean
Lancing
Worthing
Horsham

And in the middle of that, TWO Brighton winners. Does the name of this football team mean nothing?

Who cares where the winner comes from ?? I pay £2 per week an have not won anything...

You dont only have to come from Brighton to be an Albion fan..

Yate by the way is in Bristol..

You by the way are a complete tosser...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Who cares where the winner comes from ?? I pay £2 per week an have not won anything...

You dont only have to come from Brighton to be an Albion fan..

Yate by the way is in Bristol..

You by the way are a complete tosser...

lol, I wont tell him I am from Horley and won it, I had best keep qiute about that

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Besides Woodingdean is in Brighton. I was told they have around 1500 signed up and with a grand a week it's not bad odds.

I'll be signing up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
After a gruelling hour at uni friend and I thought we deserved a pint or two anyway as we finished second said pint we were approached by a young man with an iPad and Fred the lottery people who asked me to press enter and start the draw someone from Worthing way won and you can thank me!

I spent some time chatting to Fred 83 (iirc) and has been working at the club since 1970's.

Lovely day meet Fred, saw DK, MP, RH had a few pints, stayed dry and enjoyed a busy bar.

It's THE place to be. My friend was very impressed and wants to go again.

Just had the results emailed through.

You useless chump...

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I know exactly where Yate is, thank you. I shall not react to insults from a man who lives in Swindon, but needless to say if I buy a ticket for the UK lottery I do not expect it to be won by a Frenchman.

Even if that Uk Lottery is part of the Euromillions? Sorry.

But it is a lottery for the club and it's fans not the city inclusively. As I'm sure your aware we draw fans from all over Sussex and have many even further than that. Should they return their St to so that your not sat next to said Frenchman?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Fair point, but I'm sure reading some stats on here a while ago that suggested a large percentage of Albion STHs are from Brighton and Hove (as you would expect). However, the results of this lottery seriously do not tally with that.

Well from what I saw it is totally fair and done by a programme on this gentlemans iPad. I also got the impression it only just breaks even so the prizes cannot increase anyway. Bigger prizes always means more people playing and lower chances to win.

One person has won the £1000 twice.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I stopped doing it, if im going to waste money ill just get the Hat-trick on matchdays or the normal lottery.

Only been a couple of winners in Eastbourne tbh, majority was Worthing when i did it !!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
The money raised is still spent in the LOCAL Albion in the community, surely if people out of the area are spending money then the LOCAL area will benefit more for it by getting more funds

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If Worthing people win alot maybe they just have more to spend on things like lottos and stuff than those in Brighton CC.

Meh.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I've yet to win it and maye that is because I live in Guildford. We are not all posh up here so please let me win. I am also an ST and travel the 100m round trip so I am a deserved case :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here