Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Seagulls abroad in Europe

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Any teams near you that could play us?

I'll go first. I live in Cyprus, Limassol and Aris Limassol won the Cypriot League this year and qualify for the first qualifying round of the Champions League. It's very unlikely that they'll make it as far as the group stage meaning they'll be transferred to the Europa League (as long as they don't get knocked out first game). They might then make the group stage, and will be in a lower pot than us.

So the odds are slim, but I might get to see Brighton play in Limassol...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I used to live in Seville and now there's a chance that we could play Betis. It's a bit of a trek to get there now from the other side of Andalucía (about 4 hours by car) but I'll definitely be there if we draw them. Bilbao (an hour's flight) and Villareal (6-hour drive) other possibilities.

Last edited:

papachris

I live close to Tallinn. Flora Tallinn qualified for CL first qualifying round. When they lose ;-) they will drop into Europa league qualifying rounds. They did make it to the group stages of Europa league a couple of seasons ago with a notable victory over Partizan Belgrade.
So there is a small possibility Albion might come to Tallinn and I would love it if they did.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
They did make it to the group stages of Europa league a couple of seasons ago with a notable victory over Partizan Belgrade.
So there is a small possibility Albion might come to Tallinn and I would love it if they did.

As a felllow close-to-Tallinn-Seagull I must note that Europa League didn't (they reached the group stages of Conference League) and unfortunately will not happen to Flora.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
Leverkusen 20 minutes drive/train. But any Belgium/Dutch clubs is close enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I spend quite a bit of time in SW France so Toulouse please. More of a hotbed of rugby than football so hopefully we can also brush them aside on our route to the final :wink:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
PSV's stadium is a 30-minute walk from here. Unless they cock up their final match they'll start in the Champions League prelims, but on the form of recent years they won't stay there long, so Europa League is a distinct possibility...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I live in Malta (Surpise)
No chance of a Maltese team getting anywhere.
I am going to watch Malta V England next month and if we are playing in Italy or Spain I will try and go

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
My Dad lives in Greece and I spend a fair bit of time over there with him. I'm hoping for Olympiacos Piraeus. I've been past the stadium dozens of times on the train and spent a lot of time in Pireaus (the port area of Athens) - would be incredible to see the Albion there. They're already in the hat but not sure the likelihood of drawing them as I'm not sure quite how the seedings and all the qualification rounds work.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Olympiakos for me. They would need to qualify though. Also a chance of Panathaniakos and/or AEK getting in. All 15 to 20 mins for me.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
PSV's stadium is a 30-minute walk from here. Unless they cock up their final match they'll start in the Champions League prelims, but on the form of recent years they won't stay there long, so Europa League is a distinct possibility...
If you're interested, some of us get together over here to watch games occasionally. 2 of us in Utrecht, a few in Deventer and one in Nijmegen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here