Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seacoast Utd

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Fantastic article in The Athletic today by Andy Naylor detailing Albion's relationship with Seacoast United and the involvement of American Express and Paul Barber. AN has his critics, but this is a fantastic piece of huge interest to Albion fans (I would think). It's behind a paywall, so you'll have to take a look yourselves. I like to think I have a pretty strong knowledge of what's in the public domain, but this fascinating article is really interesting.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic article in The Athletic today by Andy Naylor detailing Albion's relationship with Seacoast United and the involvement of American Express and Paul Barber. AN has his critics, but this is a fantastic piece of huge interest to Albion fans (I would think). It's behind a paywall, so you'll have to take a look yourselves. I like to think I have a pretty strong knowledge of what's in the public domain, but this fascinating article is really interesting.

Agree, I had no idea about this whatsoever, so really interesting, normally what he writes just states the obvious IMO.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
USA. They have an incredible 3,500 young soccer players and it appears most have an affinity for Brighton. Robbie Mustoe, who used to play for Middlesboro is a Premier League presenter for NBC Sports. Apparently he was amazed that there were loads of Albion scarves when NBC held their Fan Fest in New York.

Seacoast Utd filled a couple of 55-seater buses with 100 odd lads and lasses of all ages to go along for the night, many of them sporting Albion scarves.
It's a great story probably the best written and researched original journalism I have read for many a month. Now I need to redirect to The Athletic.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It is very interesting, albeit yet another bit of club PR by Andy Naylor on Paul Barber's behalf.

Interested to see how many BHA fans there actually are out there. Guess we'll find out next pre season

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Only one - and he'd never heard of Mr Naylor 4 years ago.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve not yet read the article but I think some of their youth teams are regularly invited over to play against AITC teams at the training ground.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Never heard of them before and don't get the Athletic. Quick search on Google and found this. Basically a football academy.

No idea on the BHAFC connection but sounds great if we are..
The Seacoast United Soccer Club is entering its 30th year in 2022 as one of the largest youth sports organizations in the New England region. The Seacoast United Soccer Club began with the simple objective of providing equal opportunities for players of all ages and abilities. The Club was initially formed in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire due to the rise in youth soccer. Over the years, the Club adopted a unique philosophy with an emphasis on providing an environment where players could learn the game and develop over time.

In addition to teaching players the fundamentals of the game, the Seacoast United Soccer Club has always made it a point to prepare players off the field just as much as it prepares players on the field. This approach has helped in growing the the footprint of the Seacoast United Soccer Club significantly through numerous programs in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here